Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Collecting Fossil

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 02, 2012
Fossil is used in a lot of recipes I need to craft. I have been scouring the spiral for fossil but the closest I have come to collecting it is going to the Brazer. Does anyone have an easier way of obtaining fossil or do i just try to wait it out? I would appreciate the feedback.

Jonathan Dragonblade, Level 80 Death Wizard

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
You can transmute Fossils from Stone Blocks. 15 Stone Blocks = 1 Fossil. I think I got my recipe from Floating Land recipe vender located in the back Beach Area on the Pier.
Hope that helps.

Scarlet ShadowStone Exalted

Survivor
Jul 05, 2014
If you can't find enough stone blocks to transmute into fossils you can buy packs of stone blocks in the crown shop . Good luck finding stone blocks in the bazaar in any quantity

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Abbey Road and the Atheneum are always good places to collect stone blocks. Cycle through the realms then transmute to fossil.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2014
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
themagusnecromance... on Mar 8, 2015 wrote:
Fossil is used in a lot of recipes I need to craft. I have been scouring the spiral for fossil but the closest I have come to collecting it is going to the Brazer. Does anyone have an easier way of obtaining fossil or do i just try to wait it out? I would appreciate the feedback.

Behind the Library in the Atheneum (where the Loremaster is) there's a spot that spawns two, sometimes three, Stone Blocks. Usually every other time I harvest there I'll get some bonus Fossil and/or Sandstone along with the normal Stone Block harvest.

P.S. - there are also 4 Iron Ore respawns in the same area which give the same bonus chance on Diamond along with the Ore harvest.
-and-
Just around the corner from these (near the bridge) are some Lava Lilies that also give a high rate of Fire Blossom bonus drops.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2013
themagusnecromance... on Mar 8, 2015 wrote:

Seeing that you are lvl 80 find a friend who is up to khrysalis and go to shadow palace that place has tonnes of reagents from comet tails to surprise surprise... stone block. so try and go there or you can get the transmute from the guy near survey camp in celestia base camp.

15 stone blocks= 1 fossil

Andrew Stormhunter- lvl 75

Survivor
Jun 22, 2013
Also if you want to find stone block and ore quickly. Go behind the library and there is always 2 stone block and 2 ore spawns and just keep switching realm. That is how i got my 64 fossil for zafaria crafting.

15 stone block= 1 fossil

Andrew Stormhunter- lvl 75

Survivor
Jun 23, 2011
I had needed to collect fossil in order to craft an item too, I farmed for stone blocks because it's much easier than searching the spiral for fossil. Shadow Palace has a ton near the tree that you had to fight before entering morganthe's area. By the time you collect all reagents in that area just switch realms and do it again. Also, sometimes when I collect stone blocks I would get fossil too. Good luck crafting. :)