Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minion Controls

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 22, 2013
There should be more control over minions. I suggest menu like the chat menu which tells the minion to attack enemy position 1-4, and/or defend friendly position 1-4. What do you think?

Survivor
Dec 23, 2012
It would be cool to be able to see your minions hand and choose the spell your self. Like there could be a button in combat mode where it says minion, and you click that and it takes you to your minions hand and you could choose a spell that your minions has up. Although if this was for pvp i think some people could find a way to abuse this addition therefore i say it should be pve only.

Fred Spirithunter 100 Ice
William Earthstrider 90 Balance

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
I like the chat menu like control idea. I don't use minions on my high level wizards because they attack indiscriminately, and many times I may have traps and or prisms set that they will remove. I always wanted to be able to control my minions but picking my spells and my minions is not practical. But to be able to set them in a mode of my choosing... defensive, utility or attack would make me consider using them.

Nice post.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
MercMissionary1977 on Feb 26, 2015 wrote:
There should be more control over minions. I suggest menu like the chat menu which tells the minion to attack enemy position 1-4, and/or defend friendly position 1-4. What do you think?
I would be all for some very limited minion control. If at the time of casting them we could simply check a box to indicate that we want them to attack, heal or boost would be perfect. I'm not sure round-by-round control would be a good option because of the time element involved and I also think that once the initial choice is made it should be final. Inevitably, if too much control is given then the next thing you know people will want control over their minion's decks too. I think in this case less is best. I also think this should only apply to spell minions and not purchased minions (henchmen).

Survivor
Dec 22, 2013
I agree with not seeing the minions hand, because this is an online game and it takes too much time. A menu command is best.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2012
minions and henchmen should have a pass button (veto spell selection) on the combat display to avoid triggering cheats- and other nonsense like I had a death henchman kill itself with dark pact and a minion donate pips to itself

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Control would be very nice, but unlikely to happen. I'd settle for better minions, with more specific purposes, like a minion that was all support, no attacks, or very aggressive with a damage aura and lots of strong AoE. The existing ones tend to do a little bit of everything at random, which is usually more trouble than help.

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
fred spirithunter on Feb 26, 2015 wrote:
It would be cool to be able to see your minions hand and choose the spell your self. Like there could be a button in combat mode where it says minion, and you click that and it takes you to your minions hand and you could choose a spell that your minions has up. Although if this was for pvp i think some people could find a way to abuse this addition therefore i say it should be pve only.

Fred Spirithunter 100 Ice
William Earthstrider 90 Balance
that would be awesome because on my storm, my minion is selfish he heals himself he blades and shields him self and meanwhile i'm dying

Survivor
Dec 22, 2013
There should be an an individual, or all friend, or enemy selection.