Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Name Change

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 26, 2013
I've talked to lots of people in game who don't like the name they picked for their wizard when they first started, so my suggestion is maybe have a way for us to change our wizard's name to something that we like better or that suits our wizard class better.

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
That might be interesting. I mean, you can legally change your name in real life, so why not be able to change your name in Wizard101?

Survivor
Mar 22, 2012
I agree, I picked my name without knowing the game and it doesn't suit me at all.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
If something like this is implemented then I think it should be a Crowns purchase. First, for what it's worth, it's going to impact everyone that has you on their friends list. Second, it needs to cost something or people will be changing their names on a daily basis.
I don't think anything like this is likely to happen though because it would make it very difficult for KI to monitor in-game actions via the chat log which is something they need to be able to do in order to investigate reported offences.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Agreed it should be a one time, crowns purchase item. actually I like all my wizards names.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
it should be done like the points buyback. The first one is free, after that it should cost.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Being able to change your wizard name is a great option. Limiting it to a set amount of name changes makes sense; but I don't hold the same concerns about impacting everyone, tracking and monitoring.

The "IF THEN" line of code in computer programming allows for simple changes like the instant replacement of a friend's name changing on anyone's list, and can even include a pop-up message that says, your friend "La-La" changed their name to "Po".

Regarding tracking, hey we all have accounts we log into that have been verified. Any reported offenses are tied to player accounts.

Here's to everyone getting to have and play with their most awesome wizard names that suit them best!