Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

if you know the answer please reply!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 31, 2010
this is a question on spells that do damage for other schools (i.e. hydra, spectral blast, chimera).

i am lvl.58 balance wizard and i've been wondering for a long time, if my stats give me a plus 15% accuracy boost, and i cast spectral blast, the accuracy will apply to that spell because it is a balance spell. so if my stats give me plus 50% damage, and i cast hydra, does that damage apply to that spell? sor do i have to have gear that gives me damage boosts for and for it to have an increased damage?

i have been wondering this for very long, and my opinion is that a balance wizard should not have to account for others schools when getting gear; no other schools have to (unless they have a side school).

somebody please answer if you know, thanks!

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
yes it does. the easy way to find out is to try it out.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
No offense but I feel like this is a self-explanatory question: you just said that balance accuracy applies to balance spells, so why wouldn't balance damage apply to balance damage spells even though it does elemental damage?

Furthermore, you could easily find out the answer to this yourself. Simply go to Unicorn Way, engage a lost soul, and use a hydra or spectral blast without any charms or wards. If the damage dealt is equal to the amount of damage on the card, then balance damage does not boost elemental damage. If the damage dealt is greater than the damage on the card, then balance damage does effect the elemental damage.

I leave it with you to figure out which one is correct.
Happy hunting!

Survivor
Feb 28, 2011
Hydra does not deal Balance damage. It deals Fire, Storm, and Ice damage. This can be seen by using Elemental Blade/traps/etc. If you have a blade that increases fire damage, it increases the fire head of the hydra.It is also shown on the card with the symbol for what type of damage is done. On the other hand, look at Sandstorm. The symbol on that shows that it does balance damage.

As for the accuracy, it is based on the spell being cast, not the damage type. Thus, because Hydra is a Balance spell, Balance accuracy is taken into account but the damage is based on elemental damage.

This is the way it should be, as it allows for specialization. If you want to use the elemental line of balance spells, focus your stats on those. If you want to focus on the balance line of damage spells, put your focus on balance.

Cookie cutter wizards are always a bad idea, hehe.