Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I'm new and I need some advice.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 26, 2010

Hello brave Wizards!

I'm new to the game.
I'm an (+- Level 26) Wizard now, I played for a week now and this is my first character.
I'm planning to make him max level and I need your help so I can do it without messing it up completly :)

• What's the current max level? (I think it's 100 because I didn't see any higher level stuff.)
  • How does Ice do it in PVP? 1v1? ( I red on many forums it's about what you like and your gameplay, is that true?)
  • Is crafting / gardening important on higher level?
  • What's a good Ice pet on max level? (The one from the 98 Quest?)
  • Any other info/tips/hint's that I can use?
Alright I hope some of you can help me out, anyway thanks for all the help already and have a good magically day!

Wolf BattleDreamer.

Administrator
Explorer
Jan 15, 2012
1. You are correct level 100 is max
2. Ice is master at pvp. period.
3. YES i do both, but crafting especially!!
4. Depends on what you like

Valkoor GoldSong
Exalted (level 100) Conjurer

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
WolfRider95 on Nov 19, 2014 wrote:

Hello brave Wizards!

I'm new to the game.
I'm an (+- Level 26) Wizard now, I played for a week now and this is my first character.
I'm planning to make him max level and I need your help so I can do it without messing it up completly :)

• What's the current max level? (I think it's 100 because I didn't see any higher level stuff.)
  • How does Ice do it in PVP? 1v1? ( I red on many forums it's about what you like and your gameplay, is that true?)
Alright I hope some of you can help me out, anyway thanks for all the help already and have a good magically day!

Wolf BattleDreamer.
On a forum like this you're likely to get suggestions from all ends of the spectrum. What works well for one might not be another's cup of tea. I'd suggest a trip to any of the Wizard 101 fan-sites (there's a link at the top of this page) and take a look at the numerous guides available. You should be able to devise your plan of attack from all of the info you'll find there. There are guides available for virtually every aspect of the game.

Good luck.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2011
To answer your questions:

The max-level is 100Ice is hard to take down in PVP (If you play it right) They dominated PVP for a long while.Gardening is not really important, but you can get rare/or regular reagents and other items from the plants. Crafting is important if you want the best gear, especially in the 70+ levels.A good pet, is dependent on what stats you want, like do you want attack? defense? block?A great suggestion is to check out this site: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Main_Page This is a really good site for finding things that you need.
Also, if you need any help, just PM me on the site, or find Amber IceHeart in game.
~Amber IceHeart (86 Ice)

Archon
Oct 24, 2010

Hello brave Wizards!

I'm new to the game.

Wolf BattleDreamer.
Well since the Professor didn't actually answer these...

1. Max level is 100 right now
2. You read correctly. Since Ice is a 'tank' with the highest base health of all schools, Ice can do extremely well. But only if the player knows how to take advantage of Ice's little nuances. Go try PvP if you are interested...
3. Crafting/gardening can be important to craft gear. And to give a maxed-level wizard something to do. I always wait until level 30-40+ to even begin crafting.
4. Your level 98 pet info is below:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Lord_of_Winter

5. Have fun! Ice is my all-time favorite school, one that I come back to over and over again.

Survivor
May 26, 2010
Thanks to all the answers yet!
You guys are really helping me out on some stuff!

Now, with my non-knowing about the game a few days earlier, I sold my craftingbench... not knowing that you really need it...

Where can I get another one?

As above said, Ill start crafting on level ~40 ofcourse I need a crafting bench
For the rest I dont have other question at the moment.

Thanks for the time and answers!

Wolf BattleDreamer Level 28 Atm

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
The best pet will have to be hatched, and that will take a long time. Gardening is a good way to get mega snacks to train your pets faster. Crafting will probably give you the best gear, but only after level 50. It's good to train Death until you get Feint, all the Sun School damage boosting spells when you get to Celestia, Elemental Blade, and Life to Satyr if you feel like you need healing.

Have fun!

Defender
Oct 22, 2012
I'm going in to the pet a little bit more.

They can make a big difference during the game. A few things to consider. Are you going to making other wizards? If so a generic pet that can be used by all your wizards makes it easy to start with. Any pets that looked good then got a talent you didn't want can be transferred to one of your lower level wizard and really help them out. Something like a Enchanted Armament is a good choice there. It has sharpened blades which can be used by any school.

Talent wise what you want will change during the time your wizard levels up. Talents like spell proof, healing, damage are all good ones. But you also will want to consider your gear and what it gives you. Having something like pip o plenty and getting power pips so you can hit early. Or sharp shot so you don't fizzle.

Also you will see your perfect pet will probably change as you level up. Because of gear and foes.

Explorer
Jun 26, 2012
1. Current max level is 100

2. I don't pvp, but from what I can tell pretty good.

3. Crafting and Gardening are both very important no matter what level you are, but for your first wizard it might not be best to delve too far into them early. Maybe start by growing some Pink Dandelions from Krokotopia drops in your dorm room and once you feel like your ready start Prickly Bear Cactus or something of that sort. As for crafting same thing, I didn't actually start crafting on my Fire until level 90 but it might be best to get at least up to the Zafarian crafting quest by the time your that level.

4. For your first "good pet" I would start with something that could work on all of your future wizards, like a Sea Dragon. Maybe aim for Spell Proof, Spell Defy, May Cast Pixie, May Cast Unicorn, and May Cast Sprite. It's honestly up to you, but once you get a good standard pet I would definitely try to get similar talents on a Lord of Winter using that Sea Dragon you've already made. Thats what I did on my wizards. I have a solid Mega Sea Dragon and I was able to use it to create a Sun Serpent and a Deep Levy for my storm and fire wizards with the same talents.

5. Try to do your Zeke quests asap, if you don't do them they add up at max level and you need to redo dungeons you've already done to get all of them.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
WolfRider95 on Nov 20, 2014 wrote:
Thanks to all the answers yet!
You guys are really helping me out on some stuff!

Now, with my non-knowing about the game a few days earlier, I sold my craftingbench... not knowing that you really need it...

Where can I get another one?

As above said, Ill start crafting on level ~40 ofcourse I need a crafting bench
For the rest I dont have other question at the moment.

Thanks for the time and answers!

Wolf BattleDreamer Level 28 Atm
You can buy one in the Bazaar or from furniture dealers in Krokotopia, Marleybone, Mooshu and Dragonspyre.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Welcome to Wizard 101!!

Something I found is, ANY pet can be a good pet if you hatch enough times. Gold will be hard to come by at your level, but I suggest finding a pet that has healing and hatch with that. Healing pets have saved my wand more than once in the spiral!

Gardening is a MUST!! You not only get treasure cards and reagents but you get pet snacks too... and depending on what you garden you could get level 9 pet snacks, the ones that give you 50 points for your pet!. Once you get to grizzleheim (sp?) you can farm for couch potatoes, which are also sold in the crown shop. or if you have crowns buy magma peas.. (I have 7 wizards all with farms of couch potatoes and magma peas)

One last thing I have learned.. Have fun! Hope to see you around!

Alyssa Sparkleslinger

Defender
Jun 17, 2012

Hello brave Wizards!

I'm new to the game.

Wolf BattleDreamer.
Hi!
Yes, the current max level is one hundred. I believe that all the schools have theirs strengths and weaknesses when in comes to pvp and player versus enemy. For ice, their strong point would have to be resistance and high life. their weakness, is probably their low damage. to take advantage of your strong points and to make ice's weak points stronger, focus on waterworks gear when you get to level 60 and tartarus gear when you get to level 90.

As for the pet, my knowledge on that is limited. the ideal pet (and a pet that I rarely see) is a pet that heals, give resistance and gives damage. It will take lots of work but when you get the pet it will pay off. you will most likely have to hatch with another player that has a good pet.

Next subject, crafting. You don't have to craft, its not something you need to do. but if you have as bad luck as my myth character has when it comes to gear drops in dungeons such as tartarus or darkmoor, crafting is helpful. The crafting gear in Khrysalis (The most advanced world) is only a small step down from the gear of tartaus (at least for myth its that way.) Gardening isn't essential, but it can be fun and sometimes give you good stuff. mostly I garden for mega pet snacks and reagents.

Other helpful tips are ice has high life, and has many shielding spells. use them when your enemy has high pips, and use traps and blades when he has low pips. Hit when you have many traps ad blades. friends are always useful to have incase you're in a fight that you can't do alone. feints are must-haves. You can get them in the death school. take my advice, and train in death. my myth made the mistake of missing out on the power that feints can provide.

Can't think of anything else. good luck on your journey through the spiral!
Justin Firethief level 100
Michael level 81

Champion
Mar 27, 2011

Hello brave Wizards!

I'm new to the game.

Wolf BattleDreamer.
Welcome!

There's a lot of good replies already, but here's my take:

Max is now 100. It might go up next spring or summer if there's a new world.

Ice is very strong in PvP. Mostly it takes skill and preparation.

You don't need to craft or garden, but both can help you a lot. I'd say try all the things in the game: gardening, questing, pets, crafting, PvP, pet derby, housing, fishing... You might like some more than others, but the more you do and learn the more fun you can have and the better you'll be in the game. Gardening can give you a lot of gold, pet snacks, and crafting reagents. Crafting can make unique and strong gear items, and cool stuff for your houses. You can even craft some castles.

Pets take a lot of work but are worth it. Start with a pet you like and improve slowly by rehatching and training. Gardening for snacks and getting energy potions on Grub Guardian help. Any pet that gives a blade, trap, or other useful card is good. I like the Snow Beast and Deer Knight a lot, but there are many good ones.

Check out official fan sites like 101Central, Mercs4Hire, TheFriendlyNecromancer, and Duelist101 for guides and tips. The Wiki on Central has information on most everything. There are links here:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/fan-site

Beware of sites that aren't official, and of things on Twitter that don't come from KI. There are some liars and scammers out there.