Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Scald is too weak or Deer Knight is overpowered

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 17, 2010
I thought fire was supposed to be stronger than death. I noticed however scald only does 495 to all enemies while deer knight does 570? If anything at least just boost scald to 595 to all enemies and its a much better spell. For pvpers, please don't tell me scald is about breaking shields, power matters and it feels a bit lopsided.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
It's always been a thing for Loremaster spells to be stronger than our original spells, and besides, Scald is obtained from beating Marleybone while Deer Knight has to be bought, crafted, or farmed.

Defender
Mar 08, 2013
BroBlast3 on Aug 16, 2014 wrote:
I thought fire was supposed to be stronger than death. I noticed however scald only does 495 to all enemies while deer knight does 570? If anything at least just boost scald to 595 to all enemies and its a much better spell. For pvpers, please don't tell me scald is about breaking shields, power matters and it feels a bit lopsided.
It's a lot more complicated than that, you can't just add all of the attack. Scald is 495 over 3 rounds, while deer knight is 300 + 270 over 3 rounds. On average, dot spells do more damage per pip than single hits, and single hits do more damage than aoe spells. Then there are the double hits (myth), hit + over 3 rounds, dot aoe, I could go on forever. Scald is right where it should be, it's deer knight that might be op. Keeping the same amount of damage, deer knight should be more like 120 + 450 to keep the typical death dot pattern.

Deer Knight - 300 + 270
Poison - 40 + 435
Skeletal Dragon - 200 + 810