Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Matching System

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Hello I am a Grandmaster sorceror.
I have a rating of about 200 in PVP and I still get placed with level 15 warlords, and they cream me.
Even if my level is way higher or my PVP rating is way lower I always get placed with low level warlords and they win. Again and again and again.
Can this problem please be addressed? Can PVP opponents be selected by rank or level or maybe even both? I am sorry if this offends anyone but, honestly, I think the matching system is just not fair.
I've tried everything, honestly, tons of decks and gear from Duelist101 and stuff. Nothing works. I always loose. Constantly.
People say just go to a PVP party if you think matches are unfair.
First of all I don't even have text chat. So not many people want to be my friend and also there is no way for them to invite me to a PVP party.
Secondly do I get cool gear when going to a PVP party at someone's house? No, I do not.
Also, can the problem with arena tickets be fixed? Why do people gain 17 tickets when they loose against me? Does this seem fair to King's Isle or something? Hm.....
This matching system thing has made it near impossible for a new private, especially levels 50+, to become a warlord. Also you would have to do about 3,500 matches to get enough money to get decent stats from PVP gear.
Because even if I win, I only gain around 2 tickets, four if I'm lucky.
So please can you match me with someone my rank and my level? Because I would like to participate in this aspect of the game also, and I'm about to give up.
Sorry if this hurt any feelings, just asking for a change, to give privates a chance to do good in ranked PVP. Thank you for reading this. Comment if you want.
Myrna Dragoncloud
PVP private. Probably forever. Unless they fix it.

Survivor
Sep 24, 2011
We can meet in game, I'll teach you how to do pvp and all of that if you're willing to give it a try.

-Weeeeeeeeee

Survivor
Jul 28, 2014
This is how the ranked system is, Its ridiculous i know, Just like level 50 with a 2,000+ rank will be placed with level 100 privates. It's only like that because the system thinks the warlord still has a good advantage over the level 100, witch isn't always true.

The system thinks: low level high rank+ High level low rank is equal, You might think it is but it is not when all they got to do is shrike and boom, low level is pretty much a goner.

I am hoping they change the way the pvp matches are sorted, because i too get the low level warlords witch causes to me to not be able to get passed 500 anymore. My advise: Don't ever down rank below 500 it will cost you, you will get TONS of low level warlords.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Watchaaaaaa on Aug 17, 2014 wrote:
We can meet in game, I'll teach you how to do pvp and all of that if you're willing to give it a try.

-Weeeeeeeeee
I do not have text chat, so no one can teach me. I'm a Grandmaster Sorceror, can you tell me how to be good at PVP on the forums?
Thanks.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
If you're a grandmaster and you can't handle a level 15, the problem is you, not the matching system. I find it hilarious that half the community complains when they get destroyed by a low level warlord, and then the warlords complain when they get destroyed by a higher level.
Also, you get more tickets at higher rankings. I feel ya, bro, I was really confused when I beat a warlord and they got way more tickets than me.

Personally, I wish there was a way to force a match with a similar leveled and ranked player, but that doesn't necessarily mean there's a problem with the current matching system.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Robobot1747 on Aug 17, 2014 wrote:
If you're a grandmaster and you can't handle a level 15, the problem is you, not the matching system. I find it hilarious that half the community complains when they get destroyed by a low level warlord, and then the warlords complain when they get destroyed by a higher level.
Also, you get more tickets at higher rankings. I feel ya, bro, I was really confused when I beat a warlord and they got way more tickets than me.

Personally, I wish there was a way to force a match with a similar leveled and ranked player, but that doesn't necessarily mean there's a problem with the current matching system.
The level 15 only beat me because of those crazy treasure cards and PVP gear that only Warlords can get. Don't say this is hilarious, it happens to a lot of us.

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
Dragoncloud888 on Aug 19, 2014 wrote:
The level 15 only beat me because of those crazy treasure cards and PVP gear that only Warlords can get. Don't say this is hilarious, it happens to a lot of us.
True the gear puts you at a disadvantage but don't complain about the TC for one simple reason. You have access to them as well and not using them will count against you. People complain about others not playing fair by their standards. Well news flash. Not everyone's gonna play by those standards. They can and will do anything short of actually breaking terms of service to gain the upper hand. What can you do? The exact same. Unfortunately it's a lot easier said than done otherwise I'd be a warlord myself but I can say that using TC will give you some help as well. TC are never a guaranteed win. They help even the odds and increase your creativity. Just be aware of the pitfalls of TC usage and you'll do a lot better than you're making yourself out to be.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Joshua Starflame on Aug 20, 2014 wrote:
True the gear puts you at a disadvantage but don't complain about the TC for one simple reason. You have access to them as well and not using them will count against you. People complain about others not playing fair by their standards. Well news flash. Not everyone's gonna play by those standards. They can and will do anything short of actually breaking terms of service to gain the upper hand. What can you do? The exact same. Unfortunately it's a lot easier said than done otherwise I'd be a warlord myself but I can say that using TC will give you some help as well. TC are never a guaranteed win. They help even the odds and increase your creativity. Just be aware of the pitfalls of TC usage and you'll do a lot better than you're making yourself out to be.
I don't know what treasure cards to use, and I don't farm and I buy all my gear from the Bazaar and spend a lot on decorating my house, so I don't have that much money, anyways.
I do buy a few sand storm treasure cards for minions, though.
And also, a lot of the spells the lower levels have with treasure cards, I can actually cast. I actually earned those spells.
So it's like facing another opponent with the same spells as me, with way better gear. So yes, I think I can complain about this topic, and I believe that I have every right to put my opinion out there, no need to be rude about how I can't handle a duel against a level 15.
Myrna Dragoncloud

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Dragoncloud888 on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
I don't know what treasure cards to use, and I don't farm and I buy all my gear from the Bazaar and spend a lot on decorating my house, so I don't have that much money, anyways.
I do buy a few sand storm treasure cards for minions, though.
And also, a lot of the spells the lower levels have with treasure cards, I can actually cast. I actually earned those spells.
So it's like facing another opponent with the same spells as me, with way better gear. So yes, I think I can complain about this topic, and I believe that I have every right to put my opinion out there, no need to be rude about how I can't handle a duel against a level 15.
Myrna Dragoncloud
So you don't work on getting good gear, and you don't use good TCs.
I think I see the problem!

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Robobot1747 on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
So you don't work on getting good gear, and you don't use good TCs.
I think I see the problem!
Hey, I am waiting until I can get gear from Atlantea. And plus, the gear from the Bazaar is fine. And I use Sandstorm to knock out minions. My judgement spell is the most powerful spell I could ever be capable of casting, if I use all the pips, so I just stick with that.
But there is no doubt that the best gear at my level is PVP gear, and if I'm always placed with warlords, and I never get any arena tickets, so how am I supposed to get the best gear, anyways?
Don't tell me one of your higher level wizards hasn't complained about this topic.
And please don't be rude to me.
Myrna Dragoncloud

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
Dragoncloud888 on Aug 14, 2014 wrote:
Hello I am a Grandmaster sorceror.
I have a rating of about 200 in PVP and I still get placed with level 15 warlords, and they cream me.
Even if my level is way higher or my PVP rating is way lower I always get placed with low level warlords and they win. Again and again and again.
Can this problem please be addressed? Can PVP opponents be selected by rank or level or maybe even both? I am sorry if this offends anyone but, honestly, I think the matching system is just not fair.
I've tried everything, honestly, tons of decks and gear from Duelist101 and stuff. Nothing works. I always loose. Constantly.
People say just go to a PVP party if you think matches are unfair.
First of all I don't even have text chat. So not many people want to be my friend and also there is no way for them to invite me to a PVP party.
Secondly do I get cool gear when going to a PVP party at someone's house? No, I do not.
Also, can the problem with arena tickets be fixed? Why do people gain 17 tickets when they loose against me? Does this seem fair to King's Isle or something? Hm.....
This matching system thing has made it near impossible for a new private, especially levels 50+, to become a warlord. Also you would have to do about 3,500 matches to get enough money to get decent stats from PVP gear.
Because even if I win, I only gain around 2 tickets, four if I'm lucky.
So please can you match me with someone my rank and my level? Because I would like to participate in this aspect of the game also, and I'm about to give up.
Sorry if this hurt any feelings, just asking for a change, to give privates a chance to do good in ranked PVP. Thank you for reading this. Comment if you want.
Myrna Dragoncloud
PVP private. Probably forever. Unless they fix it.
agreed! i once lost to a level twelve balance when i was like level seventy fire cause of this.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
You actually have an advantage because you're balance and there is no balance shield. A strategy that you can try would be to first buy some infallible treasure cards from the bazaar because the pvp gear gives some resist and infallible will pierce it for you. You can also get these from the archivist in the district of the stars in celestia. Then stock up on tower shield treasure cards and one or two fire elf tc. Once you get in battle, save up pips, and use tower shield when it looks like they are going to hit. Finally, use fire elf, infallible and then wipe them out with a judgement. You might want to try this out in practice because all of my characters have pvp ratings less than private.
Tara

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
glowstorm13 on Aug 22, 2014 wrote:
You actually have an advantage because you're balance and there is no balance shield. A strategy that you can try would be to first buy some infallible treasure cards from the bazaar because the pvp gear gives some resist and infallible will pierce it for you. You can also get these from the archivist in the district of the stars in celestia. Then stock up on tower shield treasure cards and one or two fire elf tc. Once you get in battle, save up pips, and use tower shield when it looks like they are going to hit. Finally, use fire elf, infallible and then wipe them out with a judgement. You might want to try this out in practice because all of my characters have pvp ratings less than private.
Tara
Thanks for the advice, instead of telling me how bad I am, you actually are helping me.Thanks I will try out your strategy in a few hours.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2013
Same with me my PvP rating is 383 and i got paired up with a warlord and a knight they destroyed us badly

Alyssa StormCloud Lvl 100

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
Dragoncloud888 on Aug 22, 2014 wrote:
Thanks for the advice, instead of telling me how bad I am, you actually are helping me.Thanks I will try out your strategy in a few hours.
In all honesty my previous comment was not meant to tell you that you were bad. Would be very hypocritical as I suck in the arena. What I was trying to do was give you a bit of advice that I've heard could work well. I apologize if I insulted. It was never intended and if it helps any I never ever attempt to insult people, I find it highly unprofessional in any debate atmosphere.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Joshua Starflame on Aug 25, 2014 wrote:
In all honesty my previous comment was not meant to tell you that you were bad. Would be very hypocritical as I suck in the arena. What I was trying to do was give you a bit of advice that I've heard could work well. I apologize if I insulted. It was never intended and if it helps any I never ever attempt to insult people, I find it highly unprofessional in any debate atmosphere.
You didn't offend me, some one else did. Your comment was actually a little helpful, and sorry if you thought I was targeting you.