Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fishing Energy

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
So, while an excellent concept, the energy it requires to progress in fishing will not be enough if we're all also trying to lvl up farming as well as new pets. I just got done with my farming today and had 3 energy left. Really? So, how about creating another energy 'globe' for fishing by itself or doubling our energy for everything. I really want to have fun doing all of these things, but you are limiting us all to one skill.

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
Explorer
Mar 16, 2011
What I do is I use several of my charachters. I give them specialities. One is my gardener, one my designated pet trainer, one my main fisher and one my main crafter, etc.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Gardens only need energy when you visit them. So you visit the garden, take care of needs and don't go back to the house for a day or two. We are limited, but really only while training a pet. I manage to garden 50-69 Couch Potatoes or EMPs on all my wizards and still fish on them all. Biggest thing is to stop visiting your house so often. It makes you use up energy on gardening needs that you wouldn't have to if you just took care of the needs and left it alone for a couple days.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
The problem with you is that you're trying to do too many things. I'll let you in on a secret... there are sperate energy globes for your wizard's needs. It's called multiple characters! You can have a character specifically for fishing, one specificlly for gardening, and then you take the snacks from gardening and transfer them to a wizard specifically for training your pets. It saves so much time and money. You just need to think outside the box. Also, buy some gear that gives energy. My base energy on my gardening wizard is 93. With all of my energy gear, i have like 142 energy. I have a 66 plot garden with Evil Magma Peas, and i spend a very maximum of 55-60 Energy. So with all of my energy I could have a maximum of 87-92 OR a very minimum of 33-38 energy. If you think about it in terms like this, That gives you enough enregy to catch between 11 and 30 fish. That could also give you a bunch of energy to train pets. So just on my one character alone, I am more than capable of Fishing, Gardening, and Pet Training. So imagine what you could do with time management skills, and some creative thinking.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
lightbringer311 on Jul 28, 2014 wrote:
So, while an excellent concept, the energy it requires to progress in fishing will not be enough if we're all also trying to lvl up farming as well as new pets. I just got done with my farming today and had 3 energy left. Really? So, how about creating another energy 'globe' for fishing by itself or doubling our energy for everything. I really want to have fun doing all of these things, but you are limiting us all to one skill.
I believe the only answer is to tie up slots with wizards that only do one thing. I have a gardening wizard and a pet training wizard, they are higher levels I no longer quest with. I try to do all my pet hatching on the wizard I am currently questing with because it has a gold flow. I have a wizard I plan on deleting that I have tried fishing on.

Other wise you must buy energy with crowns to refill or level your wizard up to get it refilled that way. A lot of times when low on energy I will time when I do something that costs it to around when my wizard is due to level up.

Mary

Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
True. I would suggest that you go tell Kingsisle to make a different energy globe called bait just for fishing. That is all i can say

Survivor
Jun 17, 2013
Honestly I think its a great idea and i know its a while ago but i also think that they should do something like every time we catch a fish we should get some xp back! anyways that's what think!
Stay Frosty!
~Blaze LightMancer
Legendary Thaumaturge