Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

It Got Away!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 15, 2012
Okay. I can understand this happening once or twice every so often.
But having 10-20 "it got away" in a row is not only wasting my energy,
it's also getting me upset and causing me to lose my desire to take part in the
fishing element of the game. KingsIsle will NOT be getting my money for crowns
just to pay for lost energy due to this overused mechanic.
It's irritating and a waste of my time.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2009
I would have to agree. This "It Got Away" catch seems to be very comparable to the infamous "Fizzle" spell. Then we have to wait for our energy to refill, so we can catch even more "It Got Away" fish. Very frustrating!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Corathus on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
Okay. I can understand this happening once or twice every so often.
But having 10-20 "it got away" in a row is not only wasting my energy,
it's also getting me upset and causing me to lose my desire to take part in the
fishing element of the game. KingsIsle will NOT be getting my money for crowns
just to pay for lost energy due to this overused mechanic.
It's irritating and a waste of my time.
If this happens more than a couple of times, QUIT fishing for a while. Seriously. It works. Go do some questing, come back and it should be better.

And yes, I agree it's frustrating, and KI won't be getting a dime out of me either.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2012
same here, only 62 tries later still "It got away", going away and coming back later didn't help either.

Explorer
May 08, 2014
Friend it is actually not your fault or luck of fishing... this is actually a ERROR mentioned by the professor in another thread, if you switch realms quickly/change locations or fish all the fish out of the pond and come back it will make it so you have really bad luck. Sorry for your waste of energy, just imagine how bad it was for others who spend crowns on energy elixirs or fishing luck potion just to waste it not knowing the error.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2012
know about the error, tried 32 more times, and still nothing, so will give up on the fishing all together, waste of time for me.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
Yeah! I have to agree. I can't seem to get the catfish, because every time i've got it hooked in, it "get's away" and this is making it impossible for me to complete my fishing quest. That is the only quest I have right now besides my main quest which i cannot complete at the moment until I level up. This has made me very upset

Defender
Apr 18, 2014
I too have been having problems with fishing. "It Got Away" is just occuring too much that I'm quitting the side activities for good pretty much. Seems to be a waste of time.

Dakota Sky, Lvl 62

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
If fish are getting away this much, you have either serious lag in your connection to the game or you are hitting the spacebar early/late. I see maybe 1 in 30-40 get away.