Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fish Sandwich Flaws?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 30, 2011
I love fishing! ..But there's one thing, the Fish Sandwich!

I really hope it isn't just me, but I can never seem to find it! In-fact, I rarely see a Myth Fish in the Cyclops Area lake! Does anyone have any tips or can help explain this problem? Thanks!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Beautifulmonkey on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:

I really hope it isn't just me, but I can never seem to find it! In-fact, I rarely see a Myth Fish in the Cyclops Area lake! Does anyone have any tips or can help explain this problem? Thanks!
I have been fishing for about 3 days and haven't been able to catch one.
It and the catfish are impossible to find; I just want that quest off my books so I can move on!

Survivor
Apr 16, 2010
How do I catch fish sandwich? Fishing with myth lure and casting on myth fish but still no luck.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2011
Same problem. I've been trying for three days, with two separate characters, and haven't even seen a Fish Sandwich in the Cyclops Lane lake.

I just went through 15 realms of the Cyclops Lane lake. Only detected about 4 Myth school fish. One turned out to be a mainstream Dekoi, while the remaining three were chests. The frequency of generation for Myth School fish in the Cyclops Lane lake needs to be adjusted. Please, any KI monitors, pass along this feedback to the programmers.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I've caught the Fish Sandwich on all my wizards in the streams, not the lake. Catfish is pretty common in the main lake in the commons.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2009

No, your not the only one. I've used all of my energy for 4 days now, twice a day even, and still can't catch one. I realm hop and cast the show school spell and rarely do I find a Myth fish at all. When I do, they have all been Mythcuda. :( I really wish Wizard would fix this. Why give us a quest that can't be completed without taking a week?

Survivor
Dec 26, 2012
I know right I used all my energy searching for it.
It gets very frustrating!
They should make more in Cyclops lane.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2014
I'm having the same problem. Been fishing in Cyclops Lane for two days straight and still no Fish Sandwich.

Survivor
Nov 12, 2012
You aren't catching the fish sandwich because it is a life fish, use life lure and try in the streams past bridges away from the main pond

Survivor
Feb 23, 2013
You know in cyclops lane I seem to be finding more fish than fish.

Hunter G.

Survivor
Oct 25, 2009
I too had trouble catching Fish Sandwich but eventually got it after couple of days, it takes me way longer to get bearacuda in GH, lost count on how long I've been there now. Don't despair you'll get it eventually. Thankfully while I was looking for fish sandwich I found everything else I needed so my time wasn't completely wasted. Also I wouldn't put too much stock into Reveal School spell, it is a good guide line but I noticed that new fish appears in the pond after a while, that wasn't there when I would cast reveal spell.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
Agreed. I must have been very lucky to have caught one so quickly on my first wizard as this time round I've fished ponds dry four times over in Olde Town and not caught a Sharkspeare, and checked Cyclops Way in five realms without seeing a single Myth fish. With the amount of energy expended I think I'll give up on fishing until KI make improvements as the energy is far better spent on gardening or pet training.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
It definitely must be broken. I've used nearly all my energy up moving between realms and checking the schools of fish on Cyclops Lane - not a single Myth school fish in any of them. I'm going back to gardening!

Survivor
Jan 28, 2011
seethe42 on Jul 20, 2014 wrote:
I've caught the Fish Sandwich on all my wizards in the streams, not the lake. Catfish is pretty common in the main lake in the commons.
Actually, I have fished both the lake and the 2 streams in the Cyclops Lane area. Now for 5 straight days with 2 characters. I catch plenty of decoys and chests, but have yet to see a fish sandwich.
Getting frustrated and beginning to think this is just another way to get us to spend crowns for energy and fishing luck elixers.

Survivor
Nov 11, 2008
It's really just pure luck which fish you get. Even if you use "Reveal School", there's still the chance of getting a non-sandwich fish (Never thought i'd say that sentence... x. X). So yeah, don't lose faith and just keep trying!

Survivor
Dec 30, 2013
fish sandwich is really hard to get, trust me. i've been jealous of my friends catching it and have used about three elixirs but yes it is possible. i would say its a 1 in 50 chance (dont know the exact number). hope you have good luck!

-Taylor Thorn

Archon
Oct 24, 2010

It's not a Myth fish.
I had more luck with the balance and death lures than life, or any others for that matter.

I caught mine i the streams, as others have.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
Its been three days and i still haven't caught that fish...

Alyssa Death

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
I have caught a Fish Sandwich on 3 accounts now and heres how: I had the most trouble the first time because I spent all my time without the luck elixir to get the other fish, I found you should go to cyclops lane first, then Olde town, then the commons, Unicorn Lane last. Those in Cyclops lane, including the Fish Sandwich, are hardest to catch. They are still catchable, but for future reference, if you decide to do this quest on another character, go to cyclops lane first. The Fish Sandwich is indeed a Myth fish, although most people probably already know this. It also shows up in the streams more often than the lake But I do have a friend who caught it in the lake, if you'd like to try your luck. Don't give up though guys!

Happy Fishing!

-Emily Dreamheart

Survivor
Dec 15, 2009

My tips are:

1. Use the reveal schools of all fish spell. (You can get it from Lucky Hookline)

2. Look for a mini Myth fish. (Fish sandwiches are often small fries).

3. Reel in the fish

4. If you fail to reel it in, go to another realm and repeat the process

I hope this helped you find the fish sandwich. If you have any other questions just ask.

Tyler SkullHunter
Level 87: Pyromancer

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
Don't get flustered I had the same problem just be patient and cast your reveal fish school regularly I suggest looking for Fish Sandwich in the little stream ion cyclops lane. I eventually caught mine there and was happy to turn in that quest. As for the Catfish I suggest looking in the commons by the waterfall I caught mine there.

Jared D. Level 55

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The Wizard Of Fire on Jul 25, 2014 wrote:
My tips are:

1. Use the reveal schools of all fish spell. (You can get it from Lucky Hookline)

2. Look for a mini Myth fish. (Fish sandwiches are often small fries).

3. Reel in the fish

4. If you fail to reel it in, go to another realm and repeat the process

I hope this helped you find the fish sandwich. If you have any other questions just ask.

Tyler SkullHunter
Level 87: Pyromancer
Good tips but I would add one more. If the fish you want is Myth (like Fish Sandwich is), after casting reveal, scare away the non-Myth fish in the stream. It will save you energy in the long run.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2011
Awwwh.. I feel bad because I have no responded for such a long time..

I did it! Thanks for the advice guys, it really helped! I finished all the Fishing quests, gosh, I might of never made it if it weren't for your help.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2013
I just caught a Fish Sandwich! I followed the advice to fish the streams vice the ponds in Cyclops Lane. There were two myth fish near the Pegasus and Chariot statue and the small one was the fish sandwich. Onward to the Mechanical Armorhead. . .

Survivor
Mar 13, 2011
Beautifulmonkey on Aug 1, 2014 wrote:
Awwwh.. I feel bad because I have no responded for such a long time..

I did it! Thanks for the advice guys, it really helped! I finished all the Fishing quests, gosh, I might of never made it if it weren't for your help.
I agree with seethe42 you need to use reveal fish school ( lucky hookline has it ) and be careful for higher rank fish they are tricky Andrew CrowCaster Lvl 42