Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Toughest school to beat

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 08, 2014
I'm between balance and life cause balance has a ton of dispels while life can throw out a lot of damage while healing making all you efforts to one hit fail especially if they have guardian spirit. I've heard a lot of people say lighting but they are so predictable and easy to counter.

What school do you think is the toughest to beat I would like to hear your thoughts.

Survivor
May 05, 2014
Probably Balance. Any Balance wizard can gather pips while gathering blades and cast Judgement. This works especially well because there is no shield specific to Balance (besides Tower Shield).

Explorer
Jul 13, 2010
It would really depend on there lvl n gear for me.

At lvl 50-60 i say about everyone is equal

At lvl 90-100 with new jade n hades
I say many school get advantage but i say mostly Storm n Life

Storm now can have over 4,000 health while maintaing over 100 damage n 500 crit n about 30's resist

A good Life player with jade is basicly immortal with about 95-100 resist to 3 school n 81 to other n guardian spirit which revive them

:) but that my oppinion

Lvl 61 warlord 1550 (2 week old) (main)
Lvl 62 warlord2025(3 month old)
Lvl100 warlord1450(3 yr old)

Survivor
Feb 09, 2014
Ricochety on Jul 3, 2014 wrote:
I'm between balance and life cause balance has a ton of dispels while life can throw out a lot of damage while healing making all you efforts to one hit fail especially if they have guardian spirit. I've heard a lot of people say lighting but they are so predictable and easy to counter.

What school do you think is the toughest to beat I would like to hear your thoughts.
Balance, they have too much health for the damage and critical they can have, I have seen a balance with 5k health, 600 crit and 100 damage, that's basically storm with 5k health, it's not even fair anymore

Defender
Nov 21, 2013
In my opinion:

Max-level? Balance, but Storm isn't far behind.
Mid-level? Ice, but Myth isn't far behind.

Low-level? Definitely Fire.

Nevertheless, the toughest school to beat is the Wizard that has the most experience and strategy with his or her school of choice.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
neymarcr7 on Jul 6, 2014 wrote:
Balance, they have too much health for the damage and critical they can have, I have seen a balance with 5k health, 600 crit and 100 damage, that's basically storm with 5k health, it's not even fair anymore
Sounds like crowns elixir use in PvE to me, unless you remember the gear breakdown.

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
As much as I hate to say it Balance is the hardest and most annoying school in pvp hands down because it can counter all schools of magic and the only way to defend against it is by using tower(which is pretty much useless in pvp now), weakeness or plague. I personally hate facing balance in pvp because I know I am going to have a tough time trying to kill my opponent especially if the battle drags on for hours which makes me hate balance even more lol, not that I should be talking because I am a life.

Mason Greenbane Exalted