Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Khrysalis Crafting?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 02, 2009
Why are the Wands, Robes, Shoes and Hats stats so low? The gear should be better than the stuff that drops. The Amulets are way too low in health minimum level is 94. This gear has higher crit but, health is not better than the Avalon crafted gear. I have seen max level wizards still in Waterworks gear. It is a big disappointment to see that there is no crafted gear that makes me glad to have spent the time to get the advanced crafting quest complete.

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
Bucisfav on May 15, 2014 wrote:
Why are the Wands, Robes, Shoes and Hats stats so low? The gear should be better than the stuff that drops. The Amulets are way too low in health minimum level is 94. This gear has higher crit but, health is not better than the Avalon crafted gear. I have seen max level wizards still in Waterworks gear. It is a big disappointment to see that there is no crafted gear that makes me glad to have spent the time to get the advanced crafting quest complete.
Agree, I answered a post earlier regarding gear from Hades to 100 Lvl. Crafted gear should be worthwhile crafting. Better than Common gear, and not quite as good as epic drop. I used the Wintertusk ring, wand, and athame recipe vendor as a reference.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The rings alone make it worth crafting to Khryalis level. The rings make solo questing a lot more relaxed because you can be immune to pretty much any school.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2010
I feel that crafting is not a required part of the game , but it does give player who wish to a chance to make things .
During my crafting I have crafted several things only for the way they look , then stitched them to my stat gear .
In looking around I noted several other players who also have done this , so I think it is not only for better stats but some tines for better looks that crafting is done .

Survivor
Jan 25, 2012
I agree, I finished crafting quest in Azteca and am level 91, but my level 60 drop gear is still my favorite and I mostly only wear my low level dropped gear.

The higher gear usually has something that's good, but lacks too many other essential things. For example, i can craft gear with good critical, but then I lose defense and it will cost me pips to constantly heal. On the otherhand, I can get good defense, but then my hits are low and seem to take forever.

Best thing for me is to use low level items that have more of everything.

Defender
Oct 22, 2012
Last gear that was actually well rounded crafted gear was grizzlehiem. If you only fought against spirit or elemental great. Also why no pip chance on the gear? You can kind of cobble together something but wasn't it time to make an updated set like that?

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
Explorer
Mar 26, 2011
The boots are kinda good but you only get a little extra damage and the block is lower than the Avalon boots.

Survivor
May 29, 2012
hi who teaches Khrysalis crafting haven't found any one yet??????

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
Duncan DragonFlame on Aug 15, 2014 wrote:
hi who teaches Khrysalis crafting haven't found any one yet??????
It's in the Sardonyx Market in Sardonyx near the entrance to the courtyard where the Troika Palace is located. There are 3-4 vendors for furniture, rings decks athames and amulets, robes hats boots, and Shadow-Forged Weapons.

Explorer
Oct 04, 2013
I agree with SEETHE42 I craft the gear for resistance,

I've been farming the squid all weekend .solo for tc with 81 resist its easy takes me two hours but I get it done,
and still no virulence tc

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
victoria death mis... on Sep 8, 2014 wrote:
I agree with SEETHE42 I craft the gear for resistance,

I've been farming the squid all weekend .solo for tc with 81 resist its easy takes me two hours but I get it done,
and still no virulence tc
My Myth is farming Squid too, for amulets and reagents. With my Azteca boots and Khrysalis ring plus other armor and proof/defy pet I'm immune to Myth. Makes it really easy, takes about 15-30 minutes per run because of the stuns and quakes, but I skip everything and go straight to the Squid.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
There isn't a well-rounded single gear set crafted past WT (or drop past WW) but there are some great items to mix and match. I think all the higher level worlds provide opportunities, both dropped and crafted, to extend our versatility. There's no overpowered "must have" things, rather a lot of things that can be used in creative ways -- single school resist, item-giving, high block, high critical, etc.

The KR rings, may-cast wands, and many gear items can provide us with unique abilities.