Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minimum Level Requirement

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 06, 2011
Why exactly was the minimum level cap for Celestia (and other worlds, for that matter) lowered? Personally, I disagree with this change, as it is somewhat annoying to have lower-level wizards (yes, I think 44 is a pretty low level for Celestia) in battles with you, which in turn means you lose the battle because they are not holding up their end of the fight. In any case, I always make sure my wizards are at least level 50 by the time I beat Malistaire.

Anyway, my point is, that lower-lever wizards who are not ready for Celestia should not be allowed in. What do you guys think?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
KingCobra022 on Apr 23, 2014 wrote:
Why exactly was the minimum level cap for Celestia (and other worlds, for that matter) lowered? Personally, I disagree with this change, as it is somewhat annoying to have lower-level wizards (yes, I think 44 is a pretty low level for Celestia) in battles with you, which in turn means you lose the battle because they are not holding up their end of the fight. In any case, I always make sure my wizards are at least level 50 by the time I beat Malistaire.

Anyway, my point is, that lower-lever wizards who are not ready for Celestia should not be allowed in. What do you guys think?
I sort of agree with this only because it seems some who play the game don't really understand their limits on what they can or can't do and it causes need for help more and usually frustration with not being able to complete things. I think it was better when you at least had your level 48 spell for CL.

KI is never really ever been straight forward on why they make changes in the game so I am sure they have their reason for this. Maybe there are more experienced wizards in the game that would have no problem with taking a lower level wizard though? Celestia does seem to be a good place to weed out the less experienced players.

We can only guess at what it is but I know from my friends list it's causing more help needed with even just mob fights. My wizards have always been a higher level then a world requires only because I like to be a little over prepared for a world then under. I may solo or help others in higher areas too so it helps with that also.

Mary

Delver
Apr 21, 2012

I was also somewhat disapproving of that update, it may encourage players to get into worlds before they are ready, therefore making them ask for help, help players (including me) may not be willing to give because we are busy doing our thing.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012

It's a personal decision and not yours to make. It's up to the wizard playing, not you. I personally am ready for celestia at 44. I don't see why I should have to waste days or weeks leveling up to 48. For most players I suggest this as the point to leave the storyline for a bit anyways. Do Celestia up to Floating Land to get crafting quest, then go to GH and Wintertusk. This will take you up to level 56 and get you the Wintertusk crafted gear making you more than ready for the rest of Celestia. The lowering of this level actually makes it a lot easier for me. Before lowering it, you HAD to wander around trying to level up to get into Celestia. Now you can just go to CS get the crafting quest, then go along to Wintertusk no fuss, no muss. Also, if you aren't ready for Celestia, I find it very unlikely that you would have made it past Malistaire at lvl 44. Both my Myth and Balance soloed it at 44.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2013
Whoa-Whoa! not so fast, I went to celestia in Level 46 and I didn't get defeated AND I survied the Trial of Sphres

FlintBlueMender,Level 46

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
pets290 on Apr 26, 2014 wrote:
Whoa-Whoa! not so fast, I went to celestia in Level 46 and I didn't get defeated AND I survied the Trial of Sphres

FlintBlueMender,Level 46
I think time will tell. This lower level may be fine for those who have been though CL before so know the ropes. They have higher level wizards to feed the low level ones stuff. First time players may struggle but make it.

I do know I usually have a fall out on my friends list in this world no matter what levels are.

It is also possible that now there are more repeating this world then joining the game to be the first time though?

Mary

Survivor
Jul 08, 2013
well think about it have you noticed the headmaster said this

i think its time we take a break from our classes

so that could be why for celestia but the next world i dunno

Explorer
Dec 26, 2012
I am level 50 still not in celestia
I need ten mire quest till celestia