Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

should castles be cheaper?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 23, 2014
hey does anyone think castles are way to expensive

The cheapest house cost 8000 gold and one with only a neighborhood green house and normal house costs 30000

Any for ideas new prices

Historian
May 15, 2009
I honestly think the price is fair and shouldn't be lowered. any player who has been around long enough could easily get that money. I know of a handful of dungeons and bosses that I could fight and have the money for a house outside of the crowns shop within 10-15 minutes.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
You can't really make good use of a house until you have levelled up a bit. Gold is really not much of an issue once you get the first couple worlds under your belt. The prices are fine the way they are in my opinion. It doesn't really take that long to get 100,000 for a school based house, or 150,000 for the Red Barn. By the time you get to Dragonspyre you need to spend gold just to keep your pack from overfilling.

Survivor
Mar 23, 2014
Samuel Wolfe on Apr 18, 2014 wrote:
I honestly think the price is fair and shouldn't be lowered. any player who has been around long enough could easily get that money. I know of a handful of dungeons and bosses that I could fight and have the money for a house outside of the crowns shop within 10-15 minutes.
your lucky i have trouble getting gold

Historian
May 15, 2009
lifemythmaster on Apr 21, 2014 wrote:
your lucky i have trouble getting gold
it's not that difficult.

one example is Halfang Bristlecrown in vestrilund

he is a very easy boss to fight and there are lots of people farming him.
a majority of his drops sell at bazaar for 2k gold or more each while the coveted triage amulet sells for a whopping 8k gold.

just spend an hour with a couple high level friends at halfang bristlecrown and I bet you could buy even one of the school themed houses from the crown shop that go for 100k each.

the normal houses you can buy up through dragonspyre would be extremely cheap compared to that :3

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
I'm okay with the price of the Castles. It's the ridiculous design of some of them that drives me crazy. For example, one of my Wizards has the Island Getaway. I did the inside in Azteca motif. Now, there is an underground section with an adjoining cave, thought it would be nice to do the underground in Zafarian motif. So I purchase the Zafarian Housing sets, and guess what? None of the items which are meant to be hung on walls can actually be hung on walls in the lower level of Island Getaway. And it's not a question of area, the cave has huge planar surfaces that should be able to acommodate cupboards or a towel rack for goodness sake. So I have 3 sets of furniture that would all fit if I could only hang 2 items on the stupid walls. And I'm nowhere near the max items. The Wizard's Watchtower is the same, lots of wall area that you can't put anything on. Same with Winter Wind Tower. I realize this isn't a huge issue, it's just really annoying to me. Anyone else encountered the same issues? Should KingsIsle set up some sort of site resource that tells you exactly which castles have walls you can't hang anything on? Or is there that sort of resource that I don't know about? After all, some people are spending Crowns on Castles and Housing items. And even the Gold is hard earned for lower level players. It's kind of like we're expected to shop blind, buy stuff, and run the risk of being stuck with items we can't use.

Survivor
Mar 23, 2014
Samuel Wolfe on Apr 21, 2014 wrote:
it's not that difficult.

one example is Halfang Bristlecrown in vestrilund

he is a very easy boss to fight and there are lots of people farming him.
a majority of his drops sell at bazaar for 2k gold or more each while the coveted triage amulet sells for a whopping 8k gold.

just spend an hour with a couple high level friends at halfang bristlecrown and I bet you could buy even one of the school themed houses from the crown shop that go for 100k each.

the normal houses you can buy up through dragonspyre would be extremely cheap compared to that :3
i am still in marelybone but working on grizzleheim

Historian
May 15, 2009
lifemythmaster on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
i am still in marelybone but working on grizzleheim
halfang is a boss you can teleport to when people enter his lair. so simply asking a friend to go there and farm him with you would be enough. =) plus if they are very high in level they could easily rack up a lot of kills and earn a lot of money from him

Survivor
Mar 23, 2014
Samuel Wolfe on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
halfang is a boss you can teleport to when people enter his lair. so simply asking a friend to go there and farm him with you would be enough. =) plus if they are very high in level they could easily rack up a lot of kills and earn a lot of money from him
i don't know anyone who can do him i'm level 27

Historian
May 15, 2009
lifemythmaster on Apr 30, 2014 wrote:
i don't know anyone who can do him i'm level 27
well then it's simply a matter of patience. you'll get to that point eventually if you do grizzleheim and eventually wintertusk

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
valdushawkflame on Apr 21, 2014 wrote:
I'm okay with the price of the Castles. It's the ridiculous design of some of them that drives me crazy. For example, one of my Wizards has the Island Getaway. I did the inside in Azteca motif. Now, there is an underground section with an adjoining cave, thought it would be nice to do the underground in Zafarian motif. So I purchase the Zafarian Housing sets, and guess what? None of the items which are meant to be hung on walls can actually be hung on walls in the lower level of Island Getaway. And it's not a question of area, the cave has huge planar surfaces that should be able to acommodate cupboards or a towel rack for goodness sake. So I have 3 sets of furniture that would all fit if I could only hang 2 items on the stupid walls. And I'm nowhere near the max items. The Wizard's Watchtower is the same, lots of wall area that you can't put anything on. Same with Winter Wind Tower. I realize this isn't a huge issue, it's just really annoying to me. Anyone else encountered the same issues? Should KingsIsle set up some sort of site resource that tells you exactly which castles have walls you can't hang anything on? Or is there that sort of resource that I don't know about? After all, some people are spending Crowns on Castles and Housing items. And even the Gold is hard earned for lower level players. It's kind of like we're expected to shop blind, buy stuff, and run the risk of being stuck with items we can't use.
I completely agree. Too many houses have spaces where you can't hang wall hangings or change the wallpaper or flooring. Like the underground portion of the Small MooShu house, or the last story of the Crafted Celestia house.

On the other hand, I see no issue with the cost of housing. The Cow Pearl Amulet, which someone else mentioned here, could pay for a Small Wizard City by itself.

Haley MoonHeart, Promethan Thaumagture

Survivor
Mar 23, 2014
Samuel Wolfe on Apr 30, 2014 wrote:
well then it's simply a matter of patience. you'll get to that point eventually if you do grizzleheim and eventually wintertusk
i am doing marlybone and i'm only on the level 25 quest line

Historian
May 15, 2009
lifemythmaster on May 2, 2014 wrote:
i am doing marlybone and i'm only on the level 25 quest line
you're closer than you think. what I would recommend is you take time to work on grizzleheim as well.

at your level you should already have access tot he first part of grizzleheim and the drops you get here can net you between 100-2.5k coins depending on the rarity of the item, plus it'd be a nice change of pace from marleybone I bet which is extremely frustrating

Survivor
Mar 23, 2014
Samuel Wolfe on May 2, 2014 wrote:
you're closer than you think. what I would recommend is you take time to work on grizzleheim as well.

at your level you should already have access tot he first part of grizzleheim and the drops you get here can net you between 100-2.5k coins depending on the rarity of the item, plus it'd be a nice change of pace from marleybone I bet which is extremely frustrating
i'm good in group combat but not by myself

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Hahaha

I remember the days when I thought 30,000 gold was expensive too.
Just keep questing. Eventually buying crowns shop houses for 100,000 gold is just another day

Survivor
Mar 23, 2014
Ruthless Anthony on May 4, 2014 wrote:
Hahaha

I remember the days when I thought 30,000 gold was expensive too.
Just keep questing. Eventually buying crowns shop houses for 100,000 gold is just another day
please dont laugh at me i'm bad at combat and i dont even play that much an i accidentally got the metroplolian manor

Survivor
Mar 23, 2014
valdushawkflame on Apr 21, 2014 wrote:
i agree with the walls i have metropolian manor and there's an underground area which i thought would be great krokotopia it's not a question of space i had loads of krokotopia after finishing it but mostly walls so i reckon there should be something in the preview like a cross on it

tristan dawn mask a bit of and a tiny bit of

lifemythmaster

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
lifemythmaster on May 14, 2014 wrote:
please dont laugh at me i'm bad at combat and i dont even play that much an i accidentally got the metroplolian manor
I was laughing in a friendly manor, as I remember being in your place once too.
You get better at combat the farther you go just look for friends along the way.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2011
lifemythmaster on Apr 18, 2014 wrote:

The cheapest house cost 8000 gold and one with only a neighborhood green house and normal house costs 30000

Any for ideas new prices
Dear lifemythmaster,
It sounds like a large amount of money but as you increase in level quests give more gold and bosses and minions drop better items, I am a level 91 necromancer in khrysalis and the drops can be sold for at least 3000 gold. If you are a member then consider farming with a friend. If you aren't a member I would consider farming Nightshade a lot. If you want to see if I am farming I usually farm on Sundays in realm wraith (lol nightshade is a wraith) if you see me just say "hey kane! I am life myth master!"
Hope this helps!~~~~Kane

Defender
Jun 13, 2012
lifemythmaster on Apr 18, 2014 wrote:

Any for ideas new prices
I remember in P101 message boards, Paige Moonshade said that Gold was free! It is free because you don't have to get it from your wallet! (Unless you buy gold in the crown shop) You can easily get the moola you need. I have a lvl 14 that has enough gold for balance house.
With persistence, anything can be achieved

Survivor
Mar 23, 2014
Ruthless Anthony on May 14, 2014 wrote:
I was laughing in a friendly manor, as I remember being in your place once too.
You get better at combat the farther you go just look for friends along the way.
thanks i will as soon as i can practice combat

Survivor
Mar 03, 2014
I think that some houses are over priced for nonmember players so i think it should be around the price it is but the expensive ones should be lowered quite a bit!

Survivor
May 28, 2011
No it shouldn't be lowered I am a Veteran wizard101 player and I remember saving and saving and saving for the dragonspire house that was 40,000 gold and it seemed impossible but i was able to do it. Now since wizards has expanded greatly its extremely easy to gain the gold for it. However I do think the should tone down the difficulty on the craftable houses.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2014
But ONLY nonmembers it isn't fair if you can't but the worlds

Kelsey lvl 7