Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Prevent battling the same person twice in a row?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 13, 2013
I don't know if it's just me but I sometimes get annoyed when I battle the same person twice inns row. Because usually, the first time I lose and then I lose again the second time. I felt that I kinda had a disadvantage. Then again, am I just complaining that I lost? Because I'm not sure if this is considered complaining :P Thx to anyone that responds!

Pokebow
Lvl 16 (I'm getting there)

P.S. Those were my first to pvp's in the game (so maybe I lost just because I wasn't good enough)

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Pokebow on Apr 1, 2014 wrote:
I don't know if it's just me but I sometimes get annoyed when I battle the same person twice inns row. Because usually, the first time I lose and then I lose again the second time. I felt that I kinda had a disadvantage. Then again, am I just complaining that I lost? Because I'm not sure if this is considered complaining :P Thx to anyone that responds!

Pokebow
Lvl 16 (I'm getting there)

P.S. Those were my first to pvp's in the game (so maybe I lost just because I wasn't good enough)
I agree, I dislike this too.

Why? Because the other person isn't stupid and likely looked at your stats before you had a chance to port out. That said, I enjoy handing a slice of humble pie to someone who beat me once already.

-von

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
Well I think that since your likely to battle the same person twice, you can make deck adjustments so you have an advantage.
Saffron Sandsword
Master

Survivor
Apr 23, 2009
I will admit I both enjoy and hate this aspect of the matching system. I kinda get a little happy when I fight easy people repeatedly, but I dislike it when skillful people or puppets end up facing me repeatedly. I guess all you can really do is wait for the other person to find another match or do a different tier, like going from 1v1 to 2v2. If you need to wait for them to get another match, you can go watch other people PvP. You can learn new strategies from them.

Explorer
May 13, 2013
glowstorm13 on Apr 1, 2014 wrote:
Well I think that since your likely to battle the same person twice, you can make deck adjustments so you have an advantage.
Saffron Sandsword
Master
But the problem is that i don't know that it is the same person. And when i see them, they wizards docent let you go into your backpack at that time. But thank you for your insight on my problem. :)

Explorer
May 13, 2013
Oathkeeper and Obl... on Apr 1, 2014 wrote:
I will admit I both enjoy and hate this aspect of the matching system. I kinda get a little happy when I fight easy people repeatedly, but I dislike it when skillful people or puppets end up facing me repeatedly. I guess all you can really do is wait for the other person to find another match or do a different tier, like going from 1v1 to 2v2. If you need to wait for them to get another match, you can go watch other people PvP. You can learn new strategies from them.
Thanks for that suggestion! I never thought of looking at people pvp... i usually just ddl the same strategy over and over. Sounds like a good idea. Thx again!

Explorer
May 13, 2013
Dr Von on Apr 1, 2014 wrote:
I agree, I dislike this too.

Why? Because the other person isn't stupid and likely looked at your stats before you had a chance to port out. That said, I enjoy handing a slice of humble pie to someone who beat me once already.

-von
:P Im glad to know that I'm not the only one feeling this way. Thx for your insight

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
I see that as a "second chance" to regain rank if you lost the first time so I believe that the change may be helpful but unneeded.

Explorer
May 13, 2013
skull98oo on Apr 2, 2014 wrote:
I see that as a "second chance" to regain rank if you lost the first time so I believe that the change may be helpful but unneeded.
True, it would be unneeded. But it would help out people in a positive way! (cough cough kingsile make this change cough cough)

Pokebow
lvl 18 (Survivin and thrivin)

Defender
Mar 08, 2013
duelist101.com is full of different strategies for every class and level. I have four warlords because of this website.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2009
Pokebow on Apr 2, 2014 wrote:
Thanks for that suggestion! I never thought of looking at people pvp... i usually just ddl the same strategy over and over. Sounds like a good idea. Thx again!
No problem! You might even be able to see your former opponents doing PvP to see if they can come up with new strategies and perhaps learn from them.