Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

One in a Million for Life?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 26, 2013
I have a level 48 Life wizard, and spent a long time working on getting the One in a Million badge yesterday, but only hit about 20K? I read three different guides and got the best gear I could find for it, plus I spent a ton of gold on TC, so I'm not sure if it's possible for Life wizards to even get the badge.

Anyone have any ideas?

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
I've seen 1 person with this badge, so it IS possible.
I suspect it takes a full team to feed you the appropriate items.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Life wizards can absolutely get this badge.

Even my balance wizard (who was level 80 at the time) used a Life TC to get her badge. She and a Life friend stocked up on a bunch of TC and went to visit Lord Nightshade (because he is death and life gets a 50% boost against him)... I had to play with gear a bit, as she obviously couldn't get the same boosts as a trained Life wizard, but I bumped her Life damage up as high as it would go and let rip with a Centaur TC.

My level 63 Life wizard is next in line for the badge, so I will probably use the same setup for her as I did for my balance. My life wizard's damage is much higher than my balance wizard's life damage could go (duh), so I don't suspect it will be a problem for her.

Here is what we used:

-trained and tc lifeblade
-trained and tc spirit blade
-trained and tc life trap
-trained and tc spirit trap
-trained and tc feint
-tc balanceblade
-tc dragonblade
-amulet blade
-pet blade
-tc hex
-tc curse
-tc dark pact
-tc berserk
-gargantuan
-trained centaur

I don't think I missed anything, but it's been a while. Obviously a balance wizard can't benefit from the trained Lifeblade or garg'ed Centaur, hence why she had to bring a friend; my actual life wizard won't have this issue.

Important: make sure you do this vs. a death boss (for maximum boost) and choose one that doesn't spam weakness (this is why Nightshade is a good choice).

At your level, it's definitely harder to get the badge unless you have friends who can help. But, while it may not be easy, it can be done. Good luck!

-von

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
Just a thought.... Would that Gnomes spell be a good choice for a Life wizard to use for One in a Million? I've seen it do big damage in Avalon with only a couple blades and traps.

@ Dr. Von... Which boss did you use for your necromancer's One in a Million? I'm curious because I've tried a couple times by throwing a prism on Lord Nightshade then blading and trapping like mad. I hit 711K and have more treasure cards now. Mwhahahahhaahahahahaha!

Miranda Nightsinger, Archmage Necromancer
Scarlet Windhammer, Journeyman Pyromancer

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Try finding a friend who is of the opposite school (in this case, death) and going after a life boss. Get your friend to throw on lots of death traps, then cast a life prism and cast lots of life traps. The damage will be boosted by the life traps, convert to death, and be boosted again. Boom. (At least you Life guys can get Elixir Vitae way easier than any other school.)

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Miranda Nightsinge... on Mar 18, 2014 wrote:
Just a thought.... Would that Gnomes spell be a good choice for a Life wizard to use for One in a Million? I've seen it do big damage in Avalon with only a couple blades and traps.

@ Dr. Von... Which boss did you use for your necromancer's One in a Million? I'm curious because I've tried a couple times by throwing a prism on Lord Nightshade then blading and trapping like mad. I hit 711K and have more treasure cards now. Mwhahahahhaahahahahaha!

The easiest way to solo the one in a million in my opinion is to do it against your own school. This allows more traps. For death, lay down life traps first, then add the prism, first blade should be Dark Pact. After the prism is set, lay out all your death traps, feints and blade up like crazy then hit with Von. This lets you use all your death boosts plus life boosts allowing a lot more damage than just attacking the opposite school.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011

Hi Miranda!

If I recall correctly, both my balance and death wizards used Nightshade to get their badges. Valerian used his trained Dark Pact on himself, and his Ice friend (Brynnerofreign's super-tank) put a tc one on him as well... other than that, I used a similar setup to the one I used for balance (also the one I plan to use for my Life) as outlined above... the only difference being that he was used a prism and a colossal wraith instead of a garg'ed centaur.

It's probably even easier now, with the addition of the Azteca buffs. But they're not included in my setup because they didn't exist back then. But if you're over level 86, definitely use them!

PS: Gnomes is also a good choice for Life. But I never considered it as my balance wizard was the first to get the badge and does not have a mastery amulet... Maybe I'll use it for my Life wizard's first attempt and see how that goes.

If you have a Central account (they call me Von Shadowsong 'round those parts) and our time zones sync up, my balance and death wizards would be happy to lend themselves to your cause.

:)

-von

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010

To get our one in a million on our Death wizard we used Lady Black Hope, she doesn't death shield.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Lady_Blackhope

We used the base of 3 different Feints. TC, Amulet of Feint and Trained. We did get TC's of all blades and traps to stack and enchanted the spell used.

Mary

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
@ Seethe42 I have trained Life Trap (Life is my necromancer's secondary school.) since my last attempt. Never occurred to me to throw it on there before the prism. Thanks for the tip! More damage for Nightshade. Mwhahahahahhahahaha! My couple of attempts at One in a Million are the only time Dark Pact's in my deck. LOL

@ Dr Von I am on Central. (randazanda 'round those parts) It'd be fun to meet up there or in-game so I can get fishing lessons. :D

@ OP Sorry for derailing your thread a bit.

Defender
May 01, 2011
I don't have a Life wizard but as a level 48, I wouldn't try for a million damage yet. I'm level 71 and I still haven't hit that much yet.

Defender
Jul 27, 2009
Well, I did actually hit a million damage at around level 60 on my life but I did have a good gear and a my balance friend who used his buffs with potent trap and sharpened blade soo :D