Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance... that poor school :(

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 06, 2013
I love balance, I am a balance student, but i hate the disadvantages
  • School in Krok, have to be almost done with krok to get to it... not cool. Death has its own little seperate section in WC. Why can't balance?
  • No shield of its own, Just Universal Shield. It isn't gonna kill amyone to have a spell that casts only a balance shield
  • No blade that only works on balance. Though the universal blade is helpful, a balance only blade would be appreciated
  • Weak spells... Why not step it up a bit? It is hard to battle with balamce spells
  • No opposite... Someone said Chaos from Pigswick would be a good opposite, and I agree. But it sounds like it would be stronger. I would rather balance be stronger than have another school be stronger than it.
  • Hard to solo dungeons/ high ranking/ cheating bosses as a balance student. While balance is struggling, storm could solo anything. (Could you weaken storm a bit please?)
  • Balance bosses are way to hard to battle when you are balance to. No boosts, just resist. again good example of opposite school coming in handy. I would definetly get spells from opposite school.
  • No one likes balance the people who say that aren't in balance, and there doesn't seem to be alot of balance students. They don't like balance because it has weak and useless spells.
  • Balance only pets are awesome, put ones you can buy are not. And why is the dragon a balance school pet... fire seems more appropriate.

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
The only thing I can agree with is that it's hard to battle other balance enemies other than that I LOVE balance and the challenge that comes with it and just think about it you get to have certain elements from ALL of the other schools what school besides balance can say that.......(cricket chirping)...NONE.

Explorer
Oct 06, 2010
Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
Balance is... different. I can't say I feel its weak. My balance wizard constantly gets called by friends, some of them of higher level, to help defeat enemies he could solo easily. To be sure, some of these friends seem a bit clueless and have crappy gear (why don't people visit the bazaar and gear up periodically?).

The only enemies I have ever had any great trouble with are the bosses with 80% balance resist. I have slowly refined my tactics and acquired gear with decent balance resist of my own to make it easier to fight these bosses.

Solo, balance usually relies on Judgement with lots of support from blades and traps. Solo, I kill most enemies with one spell (at level 60 I can throw a judgement for well over 10,000 damage without a critical). Fighting in groups, it is hard to use balance traps effectively as someone usually burns them before you can use them. It's annoying, but you have to adjust to group play and spam smaller spells and largely forego traps. This leads to the familiar phenomenon of group fights taking longer than killing the monsters solo would in many cases. Try to get your friends to understand you only want to fight in groups when absolutely necessary, because group fights are so slow for balance.

Balance is second only to life in the healing department. Helping hands and availing hands are great spells. Training life as a secondary school is silly for balance.

Balance also has decent attack all spells. Sandstorm is a little weak but comes quite early at level 16. At level 48 you can get power nova, which rivals judgement for being my favorite balance attack spell.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
as the owner of 3 prometheans (balance and storm are 2 of them), here are my thoughts on your post:

1) yes, balance needs something that benefits it exclusively.

we can't wand off weakness or shields without losing all of our buffs~ this is something that the other schools can do, and have been able to from day one. my sideboard is stuffed with cleanse charm (storm) and shatter (myth) treasure cards, but we shouldn't have to buy mastery amulets or waste pips on an off-school tc. if we are to keep up with the other schools, we should be given the same tools to do the job effectively.

2) weak spells? not if you play your cards right.

someone once told me that my balance wizard's only ability was supporting everyone else. so, to prove him wrong, i turned her into a machine: sure, she's no storm wizard, but she's probably as close as it gets and has soloed the entire game (minus the ridiculous cheat dungeons, obv.).

3) leave storm alone.

it's the go-big-or-go-home school: hit big, and kill everything in 3 rounds, or fizzle and 'go home' to the commons. we have low health and terrible base stats: our damage is how we survive.

your comment leads me to believe that you're angry because you were unprepared and a storm wizard beat you in pvp. well, tell you what: go make a storm wiz and try levelling him (or her) to 20, then we'll talk.

-

i don't particularly care for balance. but she is my first wizard, and i've been through a lot with her~ i learned to make do with what she has, and have worked very hard to make her awesome.

-von
promethean x3

Survivor
Oct 06, 2013
I am balance myself and so is my dad. Balance is awesome and I think the spectral blast is awesome, if you get elemental blade it's even better. It's actually special for us balance wizards that our school is in a whole new world. Few of us have mander minions. Don't feel bad; we have an advantage.

Morale: Look at the glass half full.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2012
I had a balance wizard I think it is just weaker than the other school. They are only good to boost others.

Caleb MoonRiver lol 36

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
longboard15 on Mar 7, 2014 wrote:
  • School in Krok, have to be almost done with krok to get to it... not cool. Death has its own little seperate section in WC. Why can't balance?
  • No shield of its own, Just Universal Shield. It isn't gonna kill amyone to have a spell that casts only a balance shield
  • No blade that only works on balance. Though the universal blade is helpful, a balance only blade would be appreciated
  • Weak spells... Why not step it up a bit? It is hard to battle with balamce spells
  • No opposite... Someone said Chaos from Pigswick would be a good opposite, and I agree. But it sounds like it would be stronger. I would rather balance be stronger than have another school be stronger than it.
  • Hard to solo dungeons/ high ranking/ cheating bosses as a balance student. While balance is struggling, storm could solo anything. (Could you weaken storm a bit please?)
  • Balance bosses are way to hard to battle when you are balance to. No boosts, just resist. again good example of opposite school coming in handy. I would definetly get spells from opposite school.
  • No one likes balance the people who say that aren't in balance, and there doesn't seem to be alot of balance students. They don't like balance because it has weak and useless spells.
  • Balance only pets are awesome, put ones you can buy are not. And why is the dragon a balance school pet... fire seems more appropriate.
To be honest, if you think that balance is weak, you either aren't playing it right, or haven't played it. Balance currently is one of the best schools in the game. I have two balance warlords, levels eighteen and fifty. My level fifty is at 2358, and my level eighteen is somewhere in the 1200s. I use near pure balance strategies on both, and have never had any trouble in fair matches. (It's when people start to be 40 levels higher than me when I start to have trouble.) Balance has great spells such as loremaster, judgement, and supernova. I personally don't see how you can have any complaint with balance. It's an amazing school.

Survivor
Mar 12, 2009
I am balance, and I personally love most of it. I like that we resist all, and even though a balance shield would be handy, enimies could then use and our school wouldn't be as powerful. about the power of our spells, the higher level the stronger. we have ra witch deals 2,000 damage to all enimies.I do agree with the blade though. And we risit all right now, if we had an opposite, it would hurt us. don't you think balance is ok right now?

-Taylor Goldenrunner, master of

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Balance was my very first wizard. Not the best choice for learning the game the first time.

True, Balance is not easy. It's fun but frustrating. At L90, my Balance usually takes first circle in a battle when playing with others. By switching my gear a little, my damage boost can get as high as 87, my resist is generally 46 across the board, and my health to around 5100.

I play my Balance completely different solo than I do in a group. Over time, I've learned what works and what doesn't.

Just ask Von. With our Balances together, we are totally Awesome Sauce!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It's in the Sphinx, and if you need it before you get that far you're really doing something all wrong.

No shield is the reason Balance is so powerful and also the reason it has no specific blade. Every other school has 50% tower, 55% Tower, multiple 70% school, and 80% school shields to deal with. Balance has only the Tower shields.

There's nothing weak about balance spells it just takes skill to play it.

Hard to solo? I find it easy to solo. Storm is actually much harder to solo than Balance and Myth in my experience from Wizard City all the way through Khrysalis.

No one likes Balance? I find the opposite to be true, EVERYONE wants a Balance wizard to join them at every level no matter the quest or dungeon.

This post sounds like it's coming from someone who either hasn't played a Balance Wizard or just shouldn't play one. Some schools fit some personalties better than others. I'd suggest you find another school if you can't manage the level of play required for Balance.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
Come on. Balance is not poor. In fact, I call it the school that will defeat me in pvp. Although, it wasn't easy getting through some of the worlds on my balance character. Just sayin', look at the perspective of others.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
STOP IT. Storm HAS to be strong! It is the nature of the school! Try to ace YOUR school instead of weakening others! Gosh dude.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
Dr Von on Mar 8, 2014 wrote:
as the owner of 3 prometheans (balance and storm are 2 of them), here are my thoughts on your post:

1) yes, balance needs something that benefits it exclusively.

we can't wand off weakness or shields without losing all of our buffs~ this is something that the other schools can do, and have been able to from day one. my sideboard is stuffed with cleanse charm (storm) and shatter (myth) treasure cards, but we shouldn't have to buy mastery amulets or waste pips on an off-school tc. if we are to keep up with the other schools, we should be given the same tools to do the job effectively.

2) weak spells? not if you play your cards right.

someone once told me that my balance wizard's only ability was supporting everyone else. so, to prove him wrong, i turned her into a machine: sure, she's no storm wizard, but she's probably as close as it gets and has soloed the entire game (minus the ridiculous cheat dungeons, obv.).

3) leave storm alone.

it's the go-big-or-go-home school: hit big, and kill everything in 3 rounds, or fizzle and 'go home' to the commons. we have low health and terrible base stats: our damage is how we survive.

your comment leads me to believe that you're angry because you were unprepared and a storm wizard beat you in pvp. well, tell you what: go make a storm wiz and try levelling him (or her) to 20, then we'll talk.

-

i don't particularly care for balance. but she is my first wizard, and i've been through a lot with her~ i learned to make do with what she has, and have worked very hard to make her awesome.

-von
promethean x3

I totally agree 155% Go big, no fizzle, or go home, fizzle, to the commons.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
Try this recipe. Balance Blade. Sharpened Balance Blade. Spirit Blade. Sharpened Spirit Blade. Spirit Trap. Hex times 3. Gargantuan. Critical. Yield? 30,000 damage.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2012
I agree to. Thats why I changed from Balance to Storm. 101% agreed.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Lucas DeathBlood on Mar 15, 2014 wrote:
I agree to. Thats why I changed from Balance to Storm. 101% agreed.
My Balance Wizard is a level 95 and the only way I have been able to get through the game is with the help of others. I seem to always be backing my team mates up with blades, shields etc. I have no power! Wished they would give me a powerful protective shields and a good hitting spell. Balance against balance is a total loss for me if I have to fight them by myself. We need help!!! I have five other wizards and this is the worst of them.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
bridget1234 on Mar 9, 2014 wrote:
I am balance, and I personally love most of it. I like that we resist all, and even though a balance shield would be handy, enimies could then use and our school wouldn't be as powerful. about the power of our spells, the higher level the stronger. we have ra witch deals 2,000 damage to all enimies.I do agree with the blade though. And we risit all right now, if we had an opposite, it would hurt us. don't you think balance is ok right now?

-Taylor Goldenrunner, master of
As you stated the higher levels are the ones that are having the issues. I have a 95 level balance which was my first wizard. When you have to fight balance against balance for your level 88 spell it will drive you crazy. I still have not gotten that spell yet because it is so hard. No henchmen can be used! Minions die fast as well. The minions the balance boss has dies pretty easy, but the balance boss is horrible. Also I find myself backing others too much! I want to be able to kill as they do, but my spells just aren't powerful enough. Higher levels totally different to deal with.

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
I agree that some talents from the balance school are not easy to solo. I have been trying to fight bosses by myself, and I finish almost everything until I get to the point where I have to fight a balance boss. Despite trying to use spectral blast, I usually can't finish them off, and it is really frustrating. I can't believe how hard it is to fight a balance boss while with a balance wizard. I also think they should find some ay to have a balance only ward or trap.

From, Diana Swiftfountain, lvl 87,

Survivor
May 10, 2010
As they say, Balance is the one that takes the longest to master. Having a Sub-Element could help you on your way. (I made a new Balance Wizard that is Sub-Life, and that helps with Balance Enemies)

As a Balance Wizard, you tap into all of the other elements, and the higher you go, the more power you can achieve, and more windows of opportunity will expand to you. You can learn spells that rely on ,, and, like Spectral Blast and the potent Hydra. And even later, you will learn the even more potent Chimera, that deals , , and damage.

Take the message of Ice to heart: “. . . with Persistence, Victory is assured.”

-ValkoorSoulblade, Level 79 Knight Errant

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
1. One of the big reasons KT exists is because of balance. Where is the balance teacher? In KT. Almost every school has their own world.
2. That is what makes balance unique. It may seem hard at times, but this can come in handy when enemies have no shield.
3. Universal blade is a balance spell!
4. Balance is the a mix of every school. In a way, every school is it's opposite because it gets shields for every school.
5. Weak spells?! Weak spells?! Why do you think you get blades for every school? To use other spells! And, the spells are better than ice!
6. I agree with this. You do have treasure cards and secondary schools, but still...
7. There are a ton of balance students! My first wizard was indeed a balance wizard, and is making her way through Azteca, just killed Ponce De Gibbon (that stupid boss...) and balance is by far my favorite school. I did feel a downfall in level 50-60, but enough of that. Balance is a great school, no matter how popular it is.
8. PETS?! There is more to balance than... pets.
Obviously, since you are in KT, you have not really played enough of the game to understand the ways of balance. It'll make more sense in higher levels.

- Molly
ALMOST level 86 balance

Survivor
May 04, 2011
Storm is usually meant to just kill, not shield or blade. That's why even though balance has low attack, it has wonderful defense and blading. If it troubles you to have no defense against your own school, I suggest getting ice for your defense in your secondary school. After that I would probably start death school for feint or life up until satyr and save the rest for star/moon/other cl spell schools. Balance has a lot of good things though too you know, judgement is probably one of the best spells made in your school, it does 100 per pip and the only way to block it is using weaknesses or tower shields. That spell can be really powerful when uses right. You may not be far enough in the game yet to see how powerful your school is yet, but trust me, it is. I wouldn't complain about being balance, using the school correctly can be very powerful. It may not seem like a good school but it has amazing shields and blades and usually very good in pvp. It is hard to attack, I know, but you maybe just need to build up your damage or enchants.

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
That's why I love balance!

Yes it may be a much more difficult school, but that's why Balance will remain my all-time favorite school. Buffing is so much more easier in Balance, Judgement can do a huge amount of damage when used correctly, and let's not forget how awesome hydra is with elemental trap and elemental blade, balance blade, hex, blade storm, as well as feint (if you're death). A lot of people want quick attacks that get good damage immediately, but they're just not taking the time to prep themselves to wow everyone.

Melissa Smith
Magus Sorcerer
Honorary Engineer

Explorer
Oct 06, 2010
Aaron SpellThief on Mar 9, 2014 wrote:
To be honest, if you think that balance is weak, you either aren't playing it right, or haven't played it. Balance currently is one of the best schools in the game. I have two balance warlords, levels eighteen and fifty. My level fifty is at 2358, and my level eighteen is somewhere in the 1200s. I use near pure balance strategies on both, and have never had any trouble in fair matches. (It's when people start to be 40 levels higher than me when I start to have trouble.) Balance has great spells such as loremaster, judgement, and supernova. I personally don't see how you can have any complaint with balance. It's an amazing school.
Well what i would complain about is the critical and critical block. Balance has amazing spells yada yada. But the one major factor for higher worlds is Critical and Critical block. I am in Zafaria and most of the time (also in Celestia) I dont stand a chance against the bosses because of our critical block. They will just critical us and boom. Thats the end

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
BrandonOfTheWorld on Mar 18, 2014 wrote:
Well what i would complain about is the critical and critical block. Balance has amazing spells yada yada. But the one major factor for higher worlds is Critical and Critical block. I am in Zafaria and most of the time (also in Celestia) I dont stand a chance against the bosses because of our critical block. They will just critical us and boom. Thats the end
Get better gear. I have soloed my Balance up through Jabberwock in Avalon so far without any issues. A key to going solo is being prepared and most of the resist gear needed is freely available in the Bazaar. You need to dress to the boss in solo battles sometimes.