Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Feature: Team Up!

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Our players have been asking for this for a while now and we're excited to announce the Team Up! feature!

A Team Up! Button has been added to the “Press X to Enter” window of most dungeon sigils. The button allows players to find other players that want to play the same dungeon even if they’re in different realms.

When you select the Team Up! option, you will be asked to confirm your action.

You cannot choose or reject the team that you are placed in. If you're not happy with the team you were placed in, simply leave the dungeon and you will leave the Team. If you leave the dungeon you will have to wait five minutes before you can Team Up! again.

Details
  • If you press X to close this box, you will be removed from the Team Up! queue.
  • You will not be put on the same team as someone who you have ignored, or who has ignored you
  • Team Up! does not use the 10 second sigil countdown, instead you will wait by the dungeon for others to join the team
  • When one player is waiting, they will wait until a second player joins
  • When the second player joins, a two minute timer starts. When the timer reaches zero, all players are teleported into the Dungeon
  • If a fourth player joins, the timer is ignored and the players are teleported right away

community@wizard101.com
Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
I like this feature, but it would be better if we could move and do other things while waiting. When we are in line for PvP or pet derby there's a little icon & we can close the big dialog box and play normally, but when the team up function is running the box stays on top and we can't move.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2011
This new update is swag. lol. Hate having to wait doing my quests because my friends are busy and nobody enjoys the dungeon I must do. talking obviously about the dungeons like Ghost Avalon and Labyrinth.

Defender
May 01, 2011
I'm so excited for this feature! I get so tired of switching realm to realm, hoping someone is waiting at the sigils.

Explorer
Jul 29, 2009
I haven't tried this yet but it looks good. I do have one question though, is there any kind of filter that makes a level requirement or something of the like? An example being for Loremaster a ton of people want to fight her and their levels range from 9 to 95(maybe even lower than 9), is there something that evens out the people attempting to go in so not everyone is a low level or not everyone is a high level in the team?

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Great feature! Two improvements:

1- let us move and play normally while the finder is looking for a team.

2- make the other player(s) names/icons able to be clicked on (like clicking on a player in game) so we can see stats and talk to them during the countdown. It's nice to use that time to make a plan, rather than just being frozen.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2012
This feature is great and it me because I am a lol 36 myth and a lot of the time I have to solo dungeons which is harder and more time consuming. Go myth!!

Caleb MoonRiver

Defender
Jan 03, 2013
I love the new Team Up feature but I Hate!!! the fact I am unable to move for the 2 minutes while waiting. I want it to be similar to the PVP queue status window where you can minimize it so you can attend to plants or fix things while waiting for the dungeon to begin. Let's just say for someone with OCD and ADHD it's a torture test.

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
This is an AWESOME update!

It's really good in 2 scenarios:

• Farming, and your friends are too occupied to come help you (even if the dungeon yields high rewards)
  • Literally doing the dungeon as a quest and your friends can't help you right now
Finally, you won't have to rely solely on your friends to arrive or random people that are also about to enter the dungeon.

Melissa Smith
Magus Sorcerer
Honorary Engineer

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
Yess! I've been wanting this kind of thing for awhile now. No need to realm hop for Tartarus or waterworks! Thank you guys for adding this, big help!

Miranda Starblood lvl 95
Sierra Skygem lvl 50

Cya around the spiral!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I tried this late last night, and I love it.

I often have trouble finding groups. But this helped me find a bunch of people who, like me, play at odd hours and never could find anyone to quest with... those annoying cheaty instances will be so much easier.

-von
former weekend warrior

Survivor
Jan 21, 2014
I like the idea of team up but what if you want to do a dungeon with only your friends?

Administrator
Justfighter209 on Mar 14, 2014 wrote:
I like the idea of team up but what if you want to do a dungeon with only your friends?
If you're already adventuring with friends, you don't need additional help from Team Up!.

A group of friends would either already be in a Group (see https://www.wizard101.com/w101playersguide/friend-groups) and would therefor be able to teleport to each other and enter the dungeon together, or would be in chat communication with each other to easily coordinate.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Dec 11, 2010
Is anyone else having trouble finding people who are waiting to do the team up? I have tried multiple dungeons in several worlds and have only found a team once. I think the solution is to do what several people have suggested allow you to move around and do something else until someone clicks team up to join you. For example I would love to click the team up button and if lets say in a minute or two I don't get matched with someone that the option would come up to allow me to go home and garden or craft then it would like the pvp alert me that I have found a match up and teleport me there. That would work out great.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2013
Yep, I've waited for quite sometime in Celestia and outside of Sunken City for a team.

I love the idea of being able to do other things while waiting.

Perhaps also there is a way KI can "advertise" this feature in the game as well (small quest like Diego quest you get new spells, or maybe better -- just a pop up button on the right when you have too many treasure cards)?

Overall, great!! idea and I love it.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2013
Oh, one other idea:

I may not be seeing it, but it would be great to have a menu chat option to request others team up. I've been waiting on joins with menu chat kids wondering why I was standing there waiting. It would just give another option to add our younger players in.

Still loving it, have met some great players I wouldn't have otherwise.

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
Professor Greyrose on Mar 14, 2014 wrote:
If you're already adventuring with friends, you don't need additional help from Team Up!.

A group of friends would either already be in a Group (see https://www.wizard101.com/w101playersguide/friend-groups) and would therefor be able to teleport to each other and enter the dungeon together, or would be in chat communication with each other to easily coordinate.
>If you're already adventuring with friends, you don't need additional help from Team Up!

Yes, actually, we do. I have one other person in my group most of the time, but for some dungeons, I'd like to be able to also look for 1 or 2 additional people since the dungeon's hard enough to require 3 or 4 people.

It would be very nice to be able to have one person in the group select team up, then choose how many extra people are desired for the dungeon.

I agree with others as well - we need to be able to go off and do stuff, not just stand on the sigils like we can when waiting for a PVP match.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2010
Lets say I need to do... Ghost of Avalon. I use the Teamp-Up feature. Can people from other realms randomly team up with you? Or do they have to team up with you in the same realm....
Thanks.

Administrator
From the top post:

The button allows players to find other players that want to play the same dungeon even if they’re in different realms.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jan 26, 2011
I agree moving around would be a great addition keep it up developers!

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
I used this feature 10 times with my Myth Wizard, in Dragonspyre. I waited 3 minutes each time, and got no Team Up. On the 11th try, I did Team Up with someone. She proceeded to waste one of my Traps and then flee. Then I quit using it, figuring it was a waste of time. I tried it one more time with that Wizard once I got it to Celestia and actually got someone who knew what he was doing, we prevailed, and now he's on that Wizards friend list. I'm reserving any kind of judgement about this feature until Khrysalis Part 2 begins and I can see how it works with my Pro Balance Wizard. None of my lesser Wizards are past Zafaria, and really up until then you don't need a lot of help except for a few Bosses. This feature sounds like a good idea, but it can also waste a bit of your time, and quite frankly the KingsIsle crew has figured out enough ways to waste our time with the basic questing. I'm talking about the did not collect and the repetitive quests that should be stackable. Seriously, if you need help you can find it without hanging around a dungeon waiting for someone to join. Wizard101 has tons of threads where you can get help. This feature is kind of a non starter, but I applaud KingsIsle for at least trying. I honestly don't see it helping me much, but we'll see.

Explorer
Nov 27, 2011
Hi , So i noticed also sigils for bosses have team up! So what you mean with ''dungeon''?

Brahm NIghtshade

Administrator
Richard FrostBreez... on Mar 24, 2014 wrote:
Hi , So i noticed also sigils for bosses have team up! So what you mean with ''dungeon''?

Brahm NIghtshade
A dungeon is any combat area that you enter using the lit sigils on the ground.
A gauntlet is a combat area that you must enter alone, such as Golem Tower.

community@wizard101.com
Champion
Jun 16, 2009
I seriously love this idea, because I hate it when I have to wait and wait and keep switching severs when I am doing a dungeon, but this is very revolotionary and could help the lower levels a lot.

- Wolf Strongshield
Level 66 Balance
I got 99 problems but a wand ain't one!

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
I've used this feature about 10-15 times myself with mixed results.

I've found it extremely useful in popular dungeons like Mirror Lake and Waterworks where there are a lot of people farming for gear. I have a tendency to solo anything I can so the idea of Team Up! is really appealing to me when I have no choice but to look for help.

The real issue I have with it is that 1) It's harder to Team Up! the farther you move past Wizard City. In Avalon for instance you could wait an hour and nobody is going to press the Team Up! button, not because they aren't there but simply because they assume that nobody else is. My second issue is that I'm finding the results to be very mixed, overall I've had good experiences with Team Up! But I've also been placed with 'join and run' people--often times the last person to join and get immediately forwarded to the dungeon with 3 other people. It's very annoying and I know there isn't much that can be done about it but I thought it warranted mentioning.

The Scarlet Series
Level 72
Level 43