Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Power pips should split.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 07, 2013
Say I have 2 power pips ( Wizard) and I want to use Fire Minion (3 pips). When I cast it, the pips act like normal but one of them splits into 2 normal pips and 1 get used for the spell and the other stays. It would be awesome if pips/ Power pips acted like this.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
pokecraftman1234 on Feb 17, 2014 wrote:
Say I have 2 power pips ( Wizard) and I want to use Fire Minion (3 pips). When I cast it, the pips act like normal but one of them splits into 2 normal pips and 1 get used for the spell and the other stays. It would be awesome if pips/ Power pips acted like this.
It's been posted and agreed upon many times.
and ignored by KI, sadly

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
It should... I have Gnomes! and I use it often when battling, specifically when battling bosses. I need every pip I can get, and instead of taking away 4 power pips and 1 regular pip, it takes away all 5 power pips.

~ Vanessa

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It isn't the first time this has been proposed and won't be the last, but it still won't ever happen. It shouldn't in my opinion. If you use 2 power pips for a 3 pip spell and get a regular pip back, you have gotten a free extra pip to use on non-school spells. Let's say you have one power pip, you cast elemental blade. Next round you get a regular pip, but you got that free extra pip so you start the next round with two pips when you should only have one. Power Pips work exactly the way they should. They are 1 pip for non-school OR 2 pip for school, NOT BOTH.