Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sharpen blade, potent trap and.....

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 03, 2012
Doesn't anyone think there should be a sun spell called reinforce/strengthen shield? I think it would complete the set of lvl 86 sun spells quite nicely, not to mention those avid tower shield spammers in pvp xD

Any ideas from you?

Colin SpiritDust lvl 79

Survivor
Jul 20, 2013
Explorer
Nov 24, 2010
I've actually thought about a sun spell for shields quite often. Just simple like +10% to one shield that can stack with normal shields. For level 79, you're very open minded to future spells!

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
Yep, I think that should exist and am surprised it doesn't already.

Miranda Nightsinger, Transcendent Necromancer
Calamity Windbane, Magus Diviner

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
why stop there? Why not also do it for debuffing for spells like Weakness, Plague and Virulent plague, et al

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
"thicken shield"? Not a bad idea.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
Interesting thought, but I would be wary of a spell that adds a fixed percentage. Suppose the spell adds 10% to the damage reduction. If you throw this on a tower shield, the result is kind of meh, increasing the reduction from 50% to 60%. Throw it on a spell card 85% shield, like the ones given by Greebly's gemstone, and you increase the reduction from 85% to 95%, which is pretty awesome.

Perhaps the spell could increase the damage reduction to halfway between the shield's base value and 100%. So a tower shield would go from 50% to 75%, or a school double shield would go from 70% to 85%. The effect on weakness would be pretty extreme, though, going from 25% to 62.5 %.

Edit: reflecting, it seems my comment about weakness is ill-considered. Weakness is not actually a shield, but rather a negative charm thrown on the opponent.

Explorer
Nov 24, 2010
Random thought, but is anyone tired of only gettingONE item card from say your gear or your pet? I have

to use up a reshuffle for that, so I've thought up a spell that can help us all.

(As you may have not known, sun is my favorite astral school by far!)

Twin Sun
School: sun
pip cost: 0
Type: helping spell
Accuracy: 100%
Description:
Copy 1 spell

(Basically turns into the card you choose by selecting the card, then the spell.)

If you think this card won't help you, and think it's a bad idea, I just had no more ideas.

But that should help us increase the spells in our deck.

Say the maximum spells for a specific school in a deck is 8 and the maximum for other spells is 6; those sun cards will make that maximum 14 instead of 8, in a way.

Also, what about continuing the 'colossal' series of spells?

The next type of increasing damage sun spell could add 325 damage since I've noticed every upgrade of it is increased by 50 damage.

In addition to the sun spells, I'd like to see elucidate come back from retirement so I can add it to my

arsenal of spells, especially for heals! Who also agrees KI should bring back elucidate?

P.S. (I'd like to see more star spells in the future. I only use one.)

Also: Is the way I format my response getting you to read all of it?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
dumbug23 on Feb 4, 2014 wrote:
Random thought, but is anyone tired of only gettingONE item card from say your gear or your pet? I have

to use up a reshuffle for that, so I've thought up a spell that can help us all.

(As you may have not known, sun is my favorite astral school by far!)

Twin Sun
School: sun
pip cost: 0
Type: helping spell
Accuracy: 100%
Description:
Copy 1 spell

(Basically turns into the card you choose by selecting the card, then the spell.)

If you think this card won't help you, and think it's a bad idea, I just had no more ideas.

But that should help us increase the spells in our deck.

Say the maximum spells for a specific school in a deck is 8 and the maximum for other spells is 6; those sun cards will make that maximum 14 instead of 8, in a way.

Also, what about continuing the 'colossal' series of spells?

The next type of increasing damage sun spell could add 325 damage since I've noticed every upgrade of it is increased by 50 damage.

In addition to the sun spells, I'd like to see elucidate come back from retirement so I can add it to my

arsenal of spells, especially for heals! Who also agrees KI should bring back elucidate?

P.S. (I'd like to see more star spells in the future. I only use one.)

Also: Is the way I format my response getting you to read all of it?
Totally agree that elucidate should at LEAST be dropped in TC form. It's a bit of a ridiculous tease to give everyone 2 from a quest and you will never get any ever again.

Historian
May 06, 2009
I would definitely agree with the OP and Dayrider. I would love to see a Sun Enchantment that effects Shields and Debuff spells.

Reinforce Shield sounds like a good name and gives +10% to 1 positive Ward spell.

Ailing Sickness is a name I like for debuffs. So +10% to 1 negative Charm spell.

On top of those spells, I think Simplify and Elucidate should be readded as spells to train in worlds after Celestia (Zafaria and Azteca are good places). I'd also like a Sun enchantment that allows you to place 2 enchantments on 1 spell, excluding the enchantment that allows this effect.

So something like Radiance- Allow 2 enchantments on 1 spell. Then someone could could place spells like Colossal and Extraordinary on 1 spell. Or maybe if Simplify and Elucidate were re-added, they could simply be given a second effect that allows a second enchantment to be placed on the spell. Just a thought.

Survivor
Jan 09, 2011
When I went to the (I wanna say kiosk) um... Obelisk think I was actually surprised they didn't have something to strengthen shields