Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hades drops myth

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
I have been doing tartarus a lot lately because I want to get the full set of Hades gear before I do Kryhsalis.

I have been told many times that if you kill Hades before he says, "the sands of your time are running out" There's a better chance of drops. The first time I killed Hades in 5 rounds I got The black thunder walkers.

I would really like to know if defeating him in 5 rounds really effects my chances, I want to get the Hades gear before Kryhsalis pt 2 comes out.

Please let me know if it does/doesn't effect your chances.

AdamStormTamer Level 91 Storm.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
No it doesn't make any difference. Drops are completely random to everyone who survives the battle, just don't flee and port back if Hades as been killed. You need to be healed to get drops if that happens. That announcement he makes is just the first round of damage from his cheat spell that he casts every 5 rounds on a random player. It doesn't have anything to do with drops. I've gotten drops where the battle lasted 20 minutes and gotten nothing when it's over in a few rounds. It's all random and it doesn't matter who hits who either.

Survivor
Jan 14, 2012
Well, I have all schools promethean. When i did it on my storm, i think i killed hades in 5 rounds too. Maybe 6. But, killing Hades faster does not affect your chance of getting the gear. Getting the gear is random. I had a friend who soloed Tartarus 8 times to get the gear. He finally got it on the 9th time. So no, killing Hades faster does not affect the likelihood of you getting your gear.

Daniel Shadowblade
Daniel Shadowsong
Daniel Shadowbreeze
Daniel Shadow
Daniel Deathgiver
Daniel Thundercloud
Daniel Shadowblade

All promethean. Have fun!

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
I have been told many times that if you kill Hades before he says, "the sands of your time are running out" There's a better chance of drops.

That is NOT true. Drops are at random.