Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't use treasure card

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
I am a level 62 and bought a Ra treasure card around level 58. I have not been able to use it. I draw it and no matter how many pips I have, it won't highlight for use. I have had up to 12 or so pips and the card has remained dark even though it is supposed to take 8 pips to use.
Does this need a certain level? All my other treasure cards have worked with no problems.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Artfull Dodger on Dec 7, 2013 wrote:
I am a level 62 and bought a Ra treasure card around level 58. I have not been able to use it. I draw it and no matter how many pips I have, it won't highlight for use. I have had up to 12 or so pips and the card has remained dark even though it is supposed to take 8 pips to use.
Does this need a certain level? All my other treasure cards have worked with no problems.
Ra requires 8 regular white pips. Power pips do not count if you are not Balance or do not have a Balance Mastery Amulet.

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
I'm not sure if this quite solves the issue, but with the higher level treasure cards (Snow Angel, Chimera, Gnomes, etc..) you need to be of the element of the card to be able to use it. For example, if you are not a balance wizard and you try to purchase and use Ra, it won't work.

I hope this helps!

-Kelsey Spritecatcher, level 52 Thaumaturge

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Unless you are Balance School or have a Balance Amulet, you can't cast it. Power pips only count for your own school.

Survivor
May 18, 2012
Artfull Dodger on Dec 7, 2013 wrote:
You need to have a Mastery/Exalted amulet to use the schools that are not in your school of focus ( Otherwise your school of magic ) without any of those amulets you can't use a school spell more than 7 pips ( other than your school... ) For Example, IF you are a Myth, Storm etc, and use a rank 8 fire or any other spell besides your own school... you could not use it. Mastery/Exalted amulets grants you the ability for power pips to work for the spell. Without one you can't use the spell, And you will just have to find a mastery/exalted amulet, or will have to buy a mastery in the crown shop.
** If you are balance and can't use that treasure then it could be a bug. **

-Blaze
~Stay Frosty

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
Are you in the school of Balance? Otherwise you will be unable to cast the treasure card without a Balance Mastery Amulet. Power pips only work on spells of your own school unless you have a Mastery Amulet. Otherwise power pips would be treated as normal pips, and since the max normal pips is 7, you will never be able to get 8. You get get Mastery Amulets in the crown shop or VERY rarely as a drop from certain bosses in Waterworks and Tower of the Helephant. Hope this helped!