Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP: A Really Bad Experience

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 24, 2009
Now I know some people love PvP. Good for them. But let me tell you why I don't:

A.) PvPers are just downright rude. They taunt you and insult you to no end, act like they are so much better than you even if they are just one rank above you, and if they lose, they will false report you and block you. Now I'm not the kind of person that gets easily offended by every swear, especially if it's just a game, but there is no fun and easy going competitiveness in the PvP arena. There just isn't. I mean, I've been told to go kill myself just because I beat somebody. Is that not going a little too far?

B.) I don't care if they are level 10 or level 90, stop matching Privates against Warlords. Warlords have more special advantages than people of lower ranks, and are not easy to beat. Especially since these days people who are level 10 want to PvP like they're level 50. I don't mind losing but when lose 6 times in a row to someone like a level 8 warlord (when I'm PvPing on a level 40 wizard) and I died because they cast Deer Knight on me, it starts to get a little ridiculous and frustrating. People either need to use their own spells, regardless of rank, and fight a real fight, or they need to spend more time leveling up so they can actually use big spells they actually earned.

and finally
C.) If you're not going to help out your teammates and actually try to win, then please do not join in any ranked matches. Part of the problem with always losing to Warlords is that I'm trying to attack and heal and shield and do everything else while my other teammates just pass the entire time and don't even help me. If I had teammates that were actually engaged in the fight then maybe Privates vs Warlords wouldn't be such a terrible thing. But when I 3v3 it usually ends up turning into 1v3, me being the 1. One Private against three Warlords just doesn't work. And the thing is, not all people actually have teams with friends or friends that want to help them rank up in PvP. It just doesn't make sense to join a fight and not do anything. (Like Life wizards that don't heal when someone attacks, they just pass and pass forever.) Not a lot of things you can do to fix this one problem but seriously guys PSA help your teammates or don't join at all.

-Brianna SpiritBreeze level 94 Life
-Sierra StormHeart level 41 Storm (who just lost 5 unfair PvP matches in a row)

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL
Lol I feel the same way. I don't pvp for many reasons:

1. The wait for the match takes forever, just to get paired with warlords
2. No one is nice, they taunt cuss insult and make the arena a horrible place
3. If they don't win, they could/would false report you, ignore you, more insults and blah blah bBLAAAh!
4. All you see in the arena (where you sign up for matches) is people with warlord gear crown gear pets with unicorn spirtely ugh sometimes it makes me roll my eyes lol
5. People don't even say "nice job" or "hello" or "good luck" most of the time.
6. Sore losers
7. Not fun especially when beaten by MUCH lower level warlords that only win because of gear or pet
8. People will do anything to win
9. Boring, don't care for warlord title now, let's play practice for fun

Glad you made this post Finally someone who agrees with me!

Survivor
Jan 02, 2013
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels like this. Here's some reason I HATE PvP
1.) Privates are always put against Warlords. One time, when I was level 71 I went up against a guy who was level 5. Yes. Level 5. I thought: "Oh heck! I'm level 71! Give me a real challenge." So I got one. That was the challenge. And guess what? He defeated me! Totally unfair, right?
2.)Treasure Cards. Sometimes I get so mad I want to break my computer in half. I mean seriously? Are you kidding me KI? I know a lot of ppl are going to say:Thats how lower levels win blah blah blah. Well guess what? I Don't Care! Either Low Levels should not pvp at all. I mean face it, Treasure cards are there only strategy. So, truly, they don't have a strategy. Treasure Cards should be banned from pvp because it is not fair at ALL! I mean, is it fair that a level 5 beats a level 71 No! It's not. I hate pvp -.- I love the game, but hate the pvping.
~Fiona WinterGarden level 81

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Destroya SpiritBre... on Dec 1, 2013 wrote:
Now I know some people love PvP. Good for them. But let me tell you why I don't:

A.) PvPers are just downright rude. They taunt you and insult you to no end, act like they are so much better than you even if they are just one rank above you, and if they lose, they will false report you and block you. Now I'm not the kind of person that gets easily offended by every swear, especially if it's just a game, but there is no fun and easy going competitiveness in the PvP arena. There just isn't. I mean, I've been told to go kill myself just because I beat somebody. Is that not going a little too far?

B.) I don't care if they are level 10 or level 90, stop matching Privates against Warlords. Warlords have more special advantages than people of lower ranks, and are not easy to beat. Especially since these days people who are level 10 want to PvP like they're level 50. I don't mind losing but when lose 6 times in a row to someone like a level 8 warlord (when I'm PvPing on a level 40 wizard) and I died because they cast Deer Knight on me, it starts to get a little ridiculous and frustrating. People either need to use their own spells, regardless of rank, and fight a real fight, or they need to spend more time leveling up so they can actually use big spells they actually earned.

and finally
C.) If you're not going to help out your teammates and actually try to win, then please do not join in any ranked matches. Part of the problem with always losing to Warlords is that I'm trying to attack and heal and shield and do everything else while my other teammates just pass the entire time and don't even help me. If I had teammates that were actually engaged in the fight then maybe Privates vs Warlords wouldn't be such a terrible thing. But when I 3v3 it usually ends up turning into 1v3, me being the 1. One Private against three Warlords just doesn't work. And the thing is, not all people actually have teams with friends or friends that want to help them rank up in PvP. It just doesn't make sense to join a fight and not do anything. (Like Life wizards that don't heal when someone attacks, they just pass and pass forever.) Not a lot of things you can do to fix this one problem but seriously guys PSA help your teammates or don't join at all.

Lol.. You think that high level privates have the bad side of the deal? Think of it from the warlord's perspective. For instance, my level 33 balance gets paired with level 80s. Critical, pierce, health, spells, all the advantages you need to win. I also battle level 50 warlords, who have strategy, health, critical, and all around better stats. Very unfair matches. Also, not every pvper is rude. I have seen many, including myself, that just say gg at the end of every match. Some are a bit talkative. Most of the time, win or lose, people will just teleport away or say gg. Sore losers/winners can be annoying, but unless things are different with the people I face, they're not common. And finally, if you don't want to get bad teammates, pvp with friends. Random joining a match is, not trying to be rude, but not exactly smart. You could get put with someone that's horrible, and most likely will, since most good people pvp with friends or 1v1. Most of the time, you'll get paired with privates with 0 pvp experience or lots of losses. I had experience with this when I first started pvp. You're much better off just looking up a pvp guide and doing 1v1. And lastly, I'll just say this. It's not usually the winner of the match that complains.. If people would be sportsmanlike, there would be a lot more posts like this on the pvp message board.

Explorer
Jan 29, 2013
Aaron SpellThief on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
Lol.. You think that high level privates have the bad side of the deal? Think of it from the warlord's perspective. For instance, my level 33 balance gets paired with level 80s. Critical, pierce, health, spells, all the advantages you need to win. I also battle level 50 warlords, who have strategy, health, critical, and all around better stats. Very unfair matches. Also, not every pvper is rude. I have seen many, including myself, that just say gg at the end of every match. Some are a bit talkative. Most of the time, win or lose, people will just teleport away or say gg. Sore losers/winners can be annoying, but unless things are different with the people I face, they're not common. And finally, if you don't want to get bad teammates, pvp with friends. Random joining a match is, not trying to be rude, but not exactly smart. You could get put with someone that's horrible, and most likely will, since most good people pvp with friends or 1v1. Most of the time, you'll get paired with privates with 0 pvp experience or lots of losses. I had experience with this when I first started pvp. You're much better off just looking up a pvp guide and doing 1v1. And lastly, I'll just say this. It's not usually the winner of the match that complains.. If people would be sportsmanlike, there would be a lot more posts like this on the pvp message board.
OMG ty! I'm sry but when my lvl 50 goes against a lvl 80 plus and my death lvl 61 gets people who have shadow magic if I win they complain about how unfair the matching is! Um unfair? I think a 20 lvl difference which means you have bugger decks higher critical and block more health and damage and pierce and more spells then I have I don't see how I have the advantage. And stop complaining about tc! I don't use tc higher then your lvl so its completely fair geez!

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
the wintergardens on Dec 1, 2013 wrote:
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels like this. Here's some reason I HATE PvP
1.) Privates are always put against Warlords. One time, when I was level 71 I went up against a guy who was level 5. Yes. Level 5. I thought: "Oh heck! I'm level 71! Give me a real challenge." So I got one. That was the challenge. And guess what? He defeated me! Totally unfair, right?
2.)Treasure Cards. Sometimes I get so mad I want to break my computer in half. I mean seriously? Are you kidding me KI? I know a lot of ppl are going to say:Thats how lower levels win blah blah blah. Well guess what? I Don't Care! Either Low Levels should not pvp at all. I mean face it, Treasure cards are there only strategy. So, truly, they don't have a strategy. Treasure Cards should be banned from pvp because it is not fair at ALL! I mean, is it fair that a level 5 beats a level 71 No! It's not. I hate pvp -.- I love the game, but hate the pvping.
~Fiona WinterGarden level 81
(Claps)

I gotta agree about the tc all those low levels only use tc . Now I know someone is going to say "tc have always been part of pvp , you can use them too ...." But when a level 5 beats a 71, that's too far.

Defender
Dec 25, 2012
i hate a like pvp at the same time hate the low levels spamming tc everyone is rude when i pvp i say gg sometimes good luck if my pvp partner says its ok my friends are very bossy i personly when i get faced agenst tc spamming noobs i'm just gonna get rid of life shields then full force critical fluffy them works everytime

dustin battlewraith 95

(fluffy=forest lord)

Survivor
Sep 29, 2012
To the makers of the pvp arena, I was in one battle where the person I was fighting against had two computers and put an avatar in the peanut gallery watching me cast spells before he would decide what to cast so I ended up killing the time to the last second to cast my spell because he was out and out cheating, then he had the gall to complain about me waiting to cast a spell. Sorry this is one of the reasons I don't pvp.

Survivor
Sep 29, 2012
TC's are just that they are one shot spells, granted their are some grossly overpowered tc, but that is part of the game. I have used tc when I needed healed because I don't have heal spells, and I rarely, if ever, use an attack tc because I keep them for the bosses in the game, or give them to my friends because I can't cast them (level 9 chimera card), being a myth wizard I can't cast that spell without getting a balance mastery amulet. Ban the amulets from the arena, not the tc's. I have lost to people who used tc's and then I just let it go, because this is a game, but I can't stand the cheaters, who have two computers and put one in the viewing gallery so they can see what spells you are going to cast, or the ability for duelists to see your stats when you talk, maybe that is why nobody ever talks. Block the viewers from seeing the spells until they are locked and the duelists from seeing the stats of your character when you do talk. At least in the arena. TC's are expensive, at least the ones that can end a match, like judgement. Let them waste gold on tc's, just prepare your deck to counter the spells that are used, shields are relatively inexpensive tc's and don't cost pips, even though they take a few turns to build up. It is like telling a myth wizard or balance wizard not to use their spells in pvp, because they eliminated shields, or make strong attacks, or stun opponents. They are part of the game, as a general once said, hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
Aaron SpellThief on Dec 2, 2013 wrote:
Okay, but didn't I say in my OP that not everyone has friends that are willing to make PVP teams with them? I have a ton of friends, but no one wants to team up with me, and I want to PVP. And I have PVPed for a long time and I rarely find any opponents that are actually good sports and don't dive off into the deep end when you beat them. And most of the time I can't solo 1v1 on my Life wizard because I am so much weaker. I'd prefer to do it with people because like I said in my OP, I can't shield and heal and trap and blade and attack all at the same time. Life wizards most times need many blades and traps to help defeat the opponent, when let's say a Fire wizard can wipe you out with only one blade. You might say "Well then you just aren't doing it right," but it's hard when, as I said in my OP, I'm matched with Warlords who have extreme advantages. I'm not good at PVP, I'll admit, so I really don't want to go against people who know how to win in two rounds when I'm just starting to seriously do it.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
Destroya SpiritBre... on Dec 12, 2013 wrote:
Okay, but didn't I say in my OP that not everyone has friends that are willing to make PVP teams with them? I have a ton of friends, but no one wants to team up with me, and I want to PVP. And I have PVPed for a long time and I rarely find any opponents that are actually good sports and don't dive off into the deep end when you beat them. And most of the time I can't solo 1v1 on my Life wizard because I am so much weaker. I'd prefer to do it with people because like I said in my OP, I can't shield and heal and trap and blade and attack all at the same time. Life wizards most times need many blades and traps to help defeat the opponent, when let's say a Fire wizard can wipe you out with only one blade. You might say "Well then you just aren't doing it right," but it's hard when, as I said in my OP, I'm matched with Warlords who have extreme advantages. I'm not good at PVP, I'll admit, so I really don't want to go against people who know how to win in two rounds when I'm just starting to seriously do it.
Just because you vs warlords with skill doesn't make the match unfair. You're storm probably vs lvl 15 warlords. Now with you having a ton more health than your opponent bigger deck, and more power pip chance you think the warlord has the advantage? If you're vs lvl 15 warlords at lvl 41 or lvl 50 warlords at lvl 94 then I highly doubt they can kill you with one blade unless your resist/health is bad. You're gonna run into rude people in pvp A LOT but you just gotta ignore them. Trust me I've been reported and threatened just for winning but I just ignore them. If you're team keep fleeing well then idk what to say about that lol.

Defender
Mar 08, 2013

and finally

I do pvp all the time and I don't like people that stereotype. Most people I see are friendly/quiet. The people that are rude stick out more than others, so they are remembered more.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009

and finally

So I am a constant "PvPer". Every wizard I have either has commander gear or at least is warlord. And yes I do level 5 pvp all the way up to Magus. So I am gonna say my point of view because I am someone that everyone would think would qualify to be this "mean warlord"

A) Yes some pvp wizards are rude however, not all. Some of my best friends are pvp warlords and they are amazing. They give advice and are there just to play. Besides its not the warlords that are rude: it's the person. People are honestly different if they are on a computer. I do some questing and I have met some TERRIBLE people. Its everywhere, can't escape it.

B) On your end you complain about getting warlords. On my end, i complain about getting a lvl 41 life wizard when I am lvl 5 o.o haha but, every higher level should beat us lvl 5 warlords. The reason is, you just gotta play different. Yes Treasure cards seem "unfair" but, you are aloud to use them as well. You just gotta play different is all against warlords. They know what they are doing. Gotta give us props. However, while you are intimidated by the warlord title, we underestimate the private title. Just play your best and don't complain that they use a tc. Know they will have to and show him what you can do :-]

C) I have NEVER done ranked 2v2, 3v3, or even 4v4 ranked ALONE. You don't know who you are gonna get. Only advice i can give is, when you join those, find a friend!

:-] hope my input gives a different view on things!

-The Big Dig ;)

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
In my experience in the arena I feel like I've come across just as many rude warlords as non-warlords. I think Digby had it right. It's the person not the title.

To your first point Destroya I would suggest if you really do find it that troublesome try blocking all chat before you enter the arena. Sometimes I find myself clicking ignore on people in matches not because they are rude or even talking to me at all... I just find the chat bubbles distracting and on rare occasions depending on where the person is standing it prevents me from targeting myself or the other player.

On your second point: Matching privates against warlords... That's kind of impossible to do. You have to take into account that the system is matching you against the available pool of players at the time you are playing. So if there are only warlords queued up.... guess what! Does the system need work? Heck yeah.

As far as TC's go I'm a level 50 life wizard and have been a warlord since a very low level and the reason I use them is because I have to be prepared to face not only whatever deck the wizard I'm matched with has, but I have to be ready to face whatever level they are too. You are right... It's not easy (especially as a life wizard) to go up against a higher level wizard. That has more life, better stats and who can critical. It is a real fight but I don't think you are prepared to fight on those terms. You want to fight the way you want PVP to be, not the way PVP is.

On your last point I can't really speak on that because I don't do 2v2, or higher specifically because I don't want to be matched with some stranger who might not be as invested in winning as me or just isn't a good player. I would try it, but only if I knew the person and I knew what was in their deck and they knew what was in mine. Try 1v1.

Two other points
1. Tristan I've fought against other players using two computers... There is no advantage.
2. If a level 71 loses to a level 5 he needs to stay out the arena.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
*applauds the op*

1)

though you may run across the odd person with class and/or manners, it's highly unlikely. 90 percent of the pvp'ers i've met are arrogant and extremely rude; they gloat, taunt their opponents (or get their friends to do so from the sidelines), and lack any sort of humility. a sore winner is just as bad as a sore loser, if not worse.

if i lose, i'm a failure; if i win, i'm a cheater or tc noob. there's just no middle ground.

2)

i stick mostly to 1v1 to avoid a) puppet teams, and b) getting paired with someone who doesn't know how to play. and i agree that having to spend real money to win is a real problem, as it eliminates any and all strategy from the game. those who can't or won't pvpay up are already at a huge disadvantage, and it's a handicap match from turn one.

my level 90 balance private once got paired against a level 60 fire warlord; he had a life mastery amulet, a perfect pet, and pvp elite gear, meaning that his stats easily trumped mine~ my only advantage was higher crit block. i somehow managed to pull off a win, but it was a very tight match.

on the flipside, my level 20 fire sergeant once got paired against a level 60 life warlord. i should have fled the match right then, because i was dead within 2 rounds (no crit block, yo).

3)

speaking of useless teammates, i once joined a 2v2 in which me and a storm private got paired against a team of ice/life warlords. put simply, i had no chance~ my "teammate" fled after 2 rounds, leaving me to take on 2 warlords (ice and a jade turtle) by myself.

(the upside: they thought i'd be an easy kill, since there was only one of me. but i made them work hard for their win.)

if i know i have no chance, i'll switch tactics and either run you out of cards or stonewall you into fleeing because you're annoyed that i won't (as someone in the arena once put it) "just die already".

-v.