Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Some improvement ideas

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 21, 2013
Been saving up to have a few ideas to submit at one time. Hope these make it into the game.

1. Realm switching - when I choose to switch to a different realm, if that realm happens to be full when I select it, then let me know instead of tossing me into a different realm at random. I've had it happen to me many times when I open the book, see a realm I want to switch to is not full, I select it and click to switch, all within a couple of seconds time, then when I look again, I'm in a realm that I didn't choose because the one I wanted had gotten full in those couple of seconds.

2. Increase the vocabulary of allowed words. For one thing, in-game items and characters should already be allowed, but there are some instances where it's not. For example, Frankenbunny is yellowed out, same with Master Yan Kan Kook.

3. As with #2, also allow names of well known characters. When I see someone using Humongofrog or Forest Lord, I like to refer to them as Kermit or Chewbacca. Yes, I know that they aren't really Kermit or Chewbacca (and no I don't see any attempts to hint at either of those two), but it's still funny to refer to them, except that they turn into yellow words.

4. Feedback on submitted reports. I'm not talking about the outcome of a report (that is and should remain private between K.I. and the person that got reported). No, I mean to provide some sort of notification when a report has been reviewed. A daily summary would be better than one email per report. It let's us wizards know that our reports are actually being handled.

5. Along with #4, for someone who got reported, let us know as well when a report has been reviewed. Even more helpful if it mentions what the report was for and if it was deemed as valid or not. (Language, etc) If someone gets a few emails and sees that reports are being viewed as valid, then that player has a chance to try to avoid getting into more trouble.

6. When a creature has recently spawned, have an internal timer on it that prevents someone from being caught in a battle. There are times when I see a clear path, I start to go and then suddenly a creature spawns and I'm in a battle that I tried to avoid. I mean, seriously, that's annoying.

7. Similar to #6. Curb the sensitivity for some of the areas. I can be standing somewhere that is far away from where creatures roam but then suddenly I find myself dragged into a battle. It's as though their field of vision is huge and you're lucky to NOT get pulled in. The worst offender, in my opinion, is Marleybone. I'm not saying to decrease difficulty, just make it so we don't get pulled in from a mile away. Recently, in Avalon, it took me four attempts to get somewhere because no matter how careful I was, I would get pulled into a new battle.

I have more ideas, but I'll save that for another topic later on. Hope I'm not the only one who feels the above are of some importance.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Fangs McWolf on Nov 4, 2013 wrote:
Been saving up to have a few ideas to submit at one time. Hope these make it into the game.

1. Realm switching - when I choose to switch to a different realm, if that realm happens to be full when I select it, then let me know instead of tossing me into a different realm at random. I've had it happen to me many times when I open the book, see a realm I want to switch to is not full, I select it and click to switch, all within a couple of seconds time, then when I look again, I'm in a realm that I didn't choose because the one I wanted had gotten full in those couple of seconds.

2. Increase the vocabulary of allowed words. For one thing, in-game items and characters should already be allowed, but there are some instances where it's not. For example, Frankenbunny is yellowed out, same with Master Yan Kan Kook.

3. As with #2, also allow names of well known characters. When I see someone using Humongofrog or Forest Lord, I like to refer to them as Kermit or Chewbacca. Yes, I know that they aren't really Kermit or Chewbacca (and no I don't see any attempts to hint at either of those two), but it's still funny to refer to them, except that they turn into yellow words.

4. Feedback on submitted reports. I'm not talking about the outcome of a report (that is and should remain private between K.I. and the person that got reported). No, I mean to provide some sort of notification when a report has been reviewed. A daily summary would be better than one email per report. It let's us wizards know that our reports are actually being handled.

5. Along with #4, for someone who got reported, let us know as well when a report has been reviewed. Even more helpful if it mentions what the report was for and if it was deemed as valid or not. (Language, etc) If someone gets a few emails and sees that reports are being viewed as valid, then that player has a chance to try to avoid getting into more trouble.

6. When a creature has recently spawned, have an internal timer on it that prevents someone from being caught in a battle. There are times when I see a clear path, I start to go and then suddenly a creature spawns and I'm in a battle that I tried to avoid. I mean, seriously, that's annoying.

7. Similar to #6. Curb the sensitivity for some of the areas. I can be standing somewhere that is far away from where creatures roam but then suddenly I find myself dragged into a battle. It's as though their field of vision is huge and you're lucky to NOT get pulled in. The worst offender, in my opinion, is Marleybone. I'm not saying to decrease difficulty, just make it so we don't get pulled in from a mile away. Recently, in Avalon, it took me four attempts to get somewhere because no matter how careful I was, I would get pulled into a new battle.

I have more ideas, but I'll save that for another topic later on. Hope I'm not the only one who feels the above are of some importance.
I see that you are fairly new and don't realize it, but almost everything you've posted has been suggested in the past.
FYI, there are ways to avoid being pulled into battles. (Those have been posted as well)

1. This I agree with but don't see a change happening.
2-3. The filters are in place for a reason and will not change. As for the second part, those names, believe it or not are copyrighted. refering to the spell as froggie works.
6-7 FYI, there are ways to avoid being pulled into battles. (Those have been posted many times as well) Stop, watch how the mobs move and plan your move. I haven't gotten pulled into a duel in years.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Here's an improvement I'd like to see and that I've become accustom to using on most other website forums.

When I mouse over the title of the thread, I see the first 10-15 words of their post as a popup. It's pretty handy, and I find myself doing it unconsciously in the Wiz forums. But alas, young wizard, you must click and enter the thread to reveal the mysteries beyond. Or update the forums to include this very handy feature.

Your only suggestion that I mildly agree and understand is #6. It's a bummer when a monster spawns literally right on top of you. But I don't see them changing this. You just have to take your lumps, young wizard.

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
RavenLady777 on Nov 4, 2013 wrote:
I see that you are fairly new and don't realize it, but almost everything you've posted has been suggested in the past.
FYI, there are ways to avoid being pulled into battles. (Those have been posted as well)

1. This I agree with but don't see a change happening.
2-3. The filters are in place for a reason and will not change. As for the second part, those names, believe it or not are copyrighted. refering to the spell as froggie works.
6-7 FYI, there are ways to avoid being pulled into battles. (Those have been posted many times as well) Stop, watch how the mobs move and plan your move. I haven't gotten pulled into a duel in years.
Thanks RavenLady for replying, however I must address some things you said.

Considering how many topics there are (not to mention actual posts), it would be insane to expect any one individual to read each and every post, even if they were here from the very beginning.

1. Can't hurt to mention it.
2-3. I know the filters are there for a reason. I did not suggest removing the filters, rather to increase the dictionary of allowed words. Just to point this out, that in fact DID change, despite you saying it would not. It is now possible to say 'Frankenbunny' in the game without it being yellowed out. As for your reference to copyrighted material, to allow a player to say those names isn't a violation of copyright. If K.I. were to make any creatures and use those names, then there could be an issue. The word 'Jedi' is allowed in the game, I'm sure there's some copyright/trademark on that as well.
6-7. I'm sure there are ways to avoid being pulled into battles, such as staying in the commons area of the world you are in. However, when you come out of the Halfang cave and are immediately pulled into a new battle, that's a bit ridiculous. I say what I mean and mean what I say. When I pointed out that it's too sensitive, I meant it. To a degree, I can understand the purpose of it being like that, but it's over the top in many places. I shouldn't have to be hugging the wall at Waterworks and be worrying that I'll be pulled into a street battle. The sidewalks are supposed to be safe areas, but they aren't unless you can somehow climb onto the roof.

Again, I appreciate your response. However, this is the second reply you've made to me (that I remember) where you were anti-helpful and where you gave indication that you didn't fully read what was said.