Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

is it just me?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 17, 2012
is it just me or is Avalon harder than Azteca? I went from not being able to solo minions in Avalon to soloing bosses in Azteca? I am wondering if it is like this for anyone else.
Justin firethief lvl 90 (finally lol)

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
the mythonator on Sep 20, 2013 wrote:
is it just me or is Avalon harder than Azteca? I went from not being able to solo minions in Avalon to soloing bosses in Azteca? I am wondering if it is like this for anyone else.
It's just you.

I loved Avalon. Azteca wasn't hard for me~ just grind-y and boring. And it was tough on my Balance wizard because, at level 90, she still can't break shields or get rid of weakness, which her friends from other schools have been doing since forever. But she could still solo bosses, usually.

My necromancer had an easy time, though. And my diviner is currently getting crushed... no surprise there, lol.

-v.

promethean and
archmage

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
the mythonator on Sep 20, 2013 wrote:
I have 2 wizards at lvl 90 Parked out there in AZ. I "may" continue with the Life but will be dumping the Balance. Just not willing to repeat this place over and over with all my wizards. Frankly the more I am away the less I feel like bothering.

Even tho I am questing with a family group something about Azteca just doesn't interest me at all. It's just to much bother. My main problem maybe the taste I lost for the game when I submitted to henchmen for the spells. If I can't beat them I don't really need to be there, it was very degrading for me. The hints and tips didn't match up with the fighting I was getting from them.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
I think it is just you.

Avalon was fun. Some of the bosses were definitely a group thing, but even those were fun.

Azteca is just a drag. Some of the early bosses you can solo. Toward the end, you must have help of friends or spend crowns on henchmen. But even the street fights get so they just take forever. My lvl 90 fire wizard made it to Xibalba, got beat at the very end, and I have never gone back. I wanted to finish just because I like to finish things, but honestly, I hated most of the last half of that world. I realized it was not worth it to spend hours playing a game that was not even fun to play.

So now I play other wizards in the earlier worlds that are fun, or just help folks who are in need of help.