Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet talent Berserker?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 12, 2009
I was training my baby Gargoyle up to teen and I got this talent called Berserker. I saw that my pet can now cast berserk, but my pet never would! Please help me! What triggers this talent? Thanks!

Eric Nightshade Level 90
Eric Dragonshard Level 90
Eric Greenblade Level 44
Eric Legenddreamer Level 43
Eric Balanceblade Level 8

Defender
Mar 19, 2011
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
eric56379 on Jun 27, 2013 wrote:
I was training my baby Gargoyle up to teen and I got this talent called Berserker. I saw that my pet can now cast berserk, but my pet never would! Please help me! What triggers this talent? Thanks!

Eric Nightshade Level 90
Eric Greenblade Level 44
Eric Legenddreamer Level 43
Eric Balanceblade Level 8
The casting of that spell is random. And not all that great if you have it on your level 8 wizard.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2009
I casted a successful spell. He didn't cast it. What's going on?
Eric Nightshade Level 90
Eric Greenblade Level 50
Eric Legenddreamer Level 50
Eric Legendcaster Level 20
Eric Soulrider Level 17

Survivor
Apr 18, 2013
Hello Eric56379, You are wondering why your pet Gargoyle's talent may cast berserk will not cast it?

I am unknown what triggers it but I can tell you this, it will not always trigger it if you know how to make it cast it.

Like always, it is random and make sure you are patient.

Angel Hex,
Student in Balance, Storm and Myth magic.

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
For me he casts it after I cast a blade or shields on me.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2010
i am christopher wilder in pet pavillon training my pet, and berseker is on it. i have no idea what berseker is. can you tell me what it is and what it does?

Explorer
Aug 25, 2012
With May cast infallible, I know it can be triggered with passing, blading, trapping, shielding, and attacking. Maybe these also apply to May cast berzerk?

Survivor
Aug 07, 2013
Brazen Berzerker casts a +40% incoming damage for +30% outgoing damage aura. You can find what any pet talent does by searching for the talent or first gen pet on the site.

I have a Deer Knight with it and it seems to cast ALL the time, especially before a big hit is about to come in. I want to hatch it out. I can never go first and have to keep shields available at all times; when you get to more damaging enemies it is a little frightening.

Seriously, it does cast for a wide variety of events, not just successful hit -- like spritely. However, some pets seem better than others at spamming it. My spritely pet is happy to let me die and keep sprite to herself while others cast it over and over again.