Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 11, 2011
Do you know what the best pet is? I like pets that can heal and stuff, but I really hope that the pet eyecaramba or eyebendito or eyeache. I REALLY want a pet that heals. it would be nice to have the best pet in the game so i need some help figuring that out.
It makes me shudder having thousands of pets and not knowing wether i have the best pet or not.
Please tell me what it is and how to get it? Thanks. and BTW i have seen posts saying that seraph is the rarest drop, I have four of them.

Lucas Drakecoin, Level 49,

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
MagicCookie9 on Jun 10, 2013 wrote:
Do you know what the best pet is? I like pets that can heal and stuff, but I really hope that the pet eyecaramba or eyebendito or eyeache. I REALLY want a pet that heals. it would be nice to have the best pet in the game so i need some help figuring that out.
It makes me shudder having thousands of pets and not knowing wether i have the best pet or not.
Please tell me what it is and how to get it? Thanks. and BTW i have seen posts saying that seraph is the rarest drop, I have four of them.

There is no such thing as the 'best' pet, 'best' school or 'best' anything else in this game. Some pets are better than others, some are great at first generation, others not even great after being hatched a few times. It's all a matter of what school you are, what type of pet and help you want/need and personal choice.

Possible talents for those you mentioned:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Eyecaramba

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Eyebendito

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Eyediache

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
MagicCookie9 on Jun 10, 2013 wrote:

there is no best pet. for storm you want something that's going to boost you and or heal or both. so get a pet you can tolerate perhaps something with a blade card or card that will boost your damage. like a 35 blade or whatever then add in your talents through hatching.

my storms carnation pixie pet has

default 30 balance blade with it

proof
pain giver
storm dealer
fairy
cast storm blade

Survivor
Jan 28, 2013
Try one of the hybrid hounds: Jade Hound or Orthrus. The reason why i say this is because my friend( Brandon Sparklemender) Has both and they both heal and gives one spell (Orthrus: Plus 50 damage and other head gives 400 something) I remember we went to do the Frost Giant quest together and his Jade Hound casted 5 Sprites in the first 5 rounds. You can get Orthrus from the Orthrus spell quest ( He got the Jade Hound and Orthrus from hatching with a friend) Orthrus is a hybrid. You get Hybrid pets at level 48. Orthrus is a myth spell and school pet only. School at level 48 gets Colosus Pet. School gets Helephant pet at level 48. School gets Stormzilla pet at level 48. School gets Orthrus at level 48.