Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Villian Arc Story Ideas

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 06, 2009
After a while, I've began to assess the 1st and 2nd Arc and found them both to be very good. What I commend Kingsisle for doing is telling 2 different stories and not the same style over and over. In Malistaire's Ac, the story is more linear and about how Malistaire is trying to find an ancient relic to resurrect his wife to rule by his side while he compands an undead Empire. For Morganthe, the story is more broken up. She needs to follow a prophecy, learn the Astral magics, then regain her power to use said Magics, then we learn her past, then fullfil prophecy. Instead of like Malistaire where what he wants to do is sort of implied in the beginning, Morganthe takes a "act now explain later" look of things. Either way, I'm very happy and open to different ways KI tells a story.

So I was inspired to come up with 4 different Arc styles, for main or side, KI could try in the future for not only Wizard101, but for Pirate101 or a third game they want to put in the works:

Where Am I From? (He's Right Behind You) Young Wizard, it has occured to you that after saving the Spiral twice, you've come to realize you've forgotten where you haled from, who your family is, and what lies in your past. Now it is time to find your origins and unlock extraorindary powers Ambrose had not realized as you travel to a world, ironically, that does not believe in magic. At the same time, Ravenwood welcomes a new Staff member who becomes a guide for the PC. This Arc time is set up differently. As we progress through the story, we see sides to our PC we never would have thought of while trying to find our answers. Anger. Sadness. Longing. Happiness. The answers slowly unravel to an awing find. Our main Villian is not in front of us like Malistaire and Morganthe. In an epic twist, the helper for our PC who appears in each world has secretly been trying to hinder us from learning the truth and sending us on perilious adventures. It's not until the end do we see this foe's true colors. The hints he dropped kinda helped,

Magic is Evil In this Arc, the main villian does not want to rule the Spiral but is out to destroy it as his past reveals pain and suffering from the Magic that flows through it. What he doesn't realize is he could destroy the whole Spiral in the prossess. Young Wizard, you must work fast to stop this clouded mad man and save Bartleby and Grandmother Raven.

The Hunter. RUN! Young Wizard, you are in grave peril as a dark Warlock sets out to eliminate you. You must try to find safety as he sets out to hand you over to a power to use your strong ways of magic for evil. It's a battle for survival young one. Will you conquer the dark?

Jealousy An old student of Ravenwood has become clouded in rage, hurt and jealousy by our successes is out to stop us. It's up to us to stop the rage of this lost student before something drastic happens to Wizard City. This is more side Arc than main.

Defender
May 03, 2009
Cunning Finnigan S... on May 5, 2013 wrote:
After a while, I've began to assess the 1st and 2nd Arc and found them both to be very good. What I commend Kingsisle for doing is telling 2 different stories and not the same style over and over. In Malistaire's Ac, the story is more linear and about how Malistaire is trying to find an ancient relic to resurrect his wife to rule by his side while he compands an undead Empire. For Morganthe, the story is more broken up. She needs to follow a prophecy, learn the Astral magics, then regain her power to use said Magics, then we learn her past, then fullfil prophecy. Instead of like Malistaire where what he wants to do is sort of implied in the beginning, Morganthe takes a "act now explain later" look of things. Either way, I'm very happy and open to different ways KI tells a story.

So I was inspired to come up with 4 different Arc styles, for main or side, KI could try in the future for not only Wizard101, but for Pirate101 or a third game they want to put in the works:

Where Am I From? (He's Right Behind You) Young Wizard, it has occured to you that after saving the Spiral twice, you've come to realize you've forgotten where you haled from, who your family is, and what lies in your past. Now it is time to find your origins and unlock extraorindary powers Ambrose had not realized as you travel to a world, ironically, that does not believe in magic. At the same time, Ravenwood welcomes a new Staff member who becomes a guide for the PC. This Arc time is set up differently. As we progress through the story, we see sides to our PC we never would have thought of while trying to find our answers. Anger. Sadness. Longing. Happiness. The answers slowly unravel to an awing find. Our main Villian is not in front of us like Malistaire and Morganthe. In an epic twist, the helper for our PC who appears in each world has secretly been trying to hinder us from learning the truth and sending us on perilious adventures. It's not until the end do we see this foe's true colors. The hints he dropped kinda helped,

Magic is Evil In this Arc, the main villian does not want to rule the Spiral but is out to destroy it as his past reveals pain and suffering from the Magic that flows through it. What he doesn't realize is he could destroy the whole Spiral in the prossess. Young Wizard, you must work fast to stop this clouded mad man and save Bartleby and Grandmother Raven.

The Hunter. RUN! Young Wizard, you are in grave peril as a dark Warlock sets out to eliminate you. You must try to find safety as he sets out to hand you over to a power to use your strong ways of magic for evil. It's a battle for survival young one. Will you conquer the dark?

Jealousy An old student of Ravenwood has become clouded in rage, hurt and jealousy by our successes is out to stop us. It's up to us to stop the rage of this lost student before something drastic happens to Wizard City. This is more side Arc than main.
Where Am I From? LOVE IT!! What is a PC? Does it stand for something? Sorry if this sounds dumb but I'm scratching my head over that. I would love a mystery. I like finding out what the mystery is then re-reading my clues and then to think, 'Come on character! It's so obvious!'

Magic is Evil, AMAZING idea. Don't kill my favorite tree! X Hugs Bartleby X Don't let the villain destroy you!

The Hunter. Great idea. I'd love this to be like off and on. You're trying to save the Spiral and he comes every once in a while.

Jealousy. When I defeat him I'm going to say, 'No one can beat me!' And try to rub it in the NPC's face. It would be cool that if you were a death student, he'd death and if you were ice he'd be ice, Ect. He used to be your biggest fan but then got resentful because you never payed attention to him.

My arc: Nobody understands how much you are doing for the Spiral, and you are starting to get mad. Why won't anyone notice? You are done saving the Spiral because no one seems to notice or reward you. You join Malistaire and Morganthe and by then, the third arc villain. You apologize for overthrowing them and tell them you want to take over the Spiral and why. (I said it above, I'm to lazy to type it again.) They get mad, "Why did you say this after you overthrow us?" You fight all three at once and beat them (You get help, it's not solo.) "You got us. We were just mad because we couldn't do it alone. Now, what was that plan?" You almost succeed but you see the pain in everyone's eyes as they ask to be spared. As the leader, you decide to stop the attack. You defeat the thing you brought up to defeat the spiral (Idk what. I'm just imagining things up as I go! :P) Ambrose and your teacher come up to welcome you. You apologize and they say that they understand why you got mad and say, "I almost forgot. Take these and go change into them, it's your Graduation time!" You become Headmaster because the third arc villain makes Ambrose too weak. As you are headmaster you discover your biggest fan (from the jealousy arc)

By the way, if we keep going with the 'Arc ends at 5 worlds' pattern, we defeat Morganthe in the next world! That's why I thought of the 'third arc villian'. YOU can be the fourth! (And if and when you become Headmaster you'll know more spells than your teacher!) It would be cool if you could teach stuff to your other characters!

I'd really like to see these all.

Scarlet Hawk
Promethean Necromancer
Amber Rose
Apprentice Sorcerer
"Why? The world may never know."

Historian
May 06, 2009
Scarlet Hawk on May 5, 2013 wrote:
Where Am I From? LOVE IT!! What is a PC? Does it stand for something? Sorry if this sounds dumb but I'm scratching my head over that. I would love a mystery. I like finding out what the mystery is then re-reading my clues and then to think, 'Come on character! It's so obvious!'

Magic is Evil, AMAZING idea. Don't kill my favorite tree! X Hugs Bartleby X Don't let the villain destroy you!

The Hunter. Great idea. I'd love this to be like off and on. You're trying to save the Spiral and he comes every once in a while.

Jealousy. When I defeat him I'm going to say, 'No one can beat me!' And try to rub it in the NPC's face. It would be cool that if you were a death student, he'd death and if you were ice he'd be ice, Ect. He used to be your biggest fan but then got resentful because you never payed attention to him.

My arc: Nobody understands how much you are doing for the Spiral, and you are starting to get mad. Why won't anyone notice? You are done saving the Spiral because no one seems to notice or reward you. You join Malistaire and Morganthe and by then, the third arc villain. You apologize for overthrowing them and tell them you want to take over the Spiral and why. (I said it above, I'm to lazy to type it again.) They get mad, "Why did you say this after you overthrow us?" You fight all three at once and beat them (You get help, it's not solo.) "You got us. We were just mad because we couldn't do it alone. Now, what was that plan?" You almost succeed but you see the pain in everyone's eyes as they ask to be spared. As the leader, you decide to stop the attack. You defeat the thing you brought up to defeat the spiral (Idk what. I'm just imagining things up as I go! :P) Ambrose and your teacher come up to welcome you. You apologize and they say that they understand why you got mad and say, "I almost forgot. Take these and go change into them, it's your Graduation time!" You become Headmaster because the third arc villain makes Ambrose too weak. As you are headmaster you discover your biggest fan (from the jealousy arc)

By the way, if we keep going with the 'Arc ends at 5 worlds' pattern, we defeat Morganthe in the next world! That's why I thought of the 'third arc villian'. YOU can be the fourth! (And if and when you become Headmaster you'll know more spells than your teacher!) It would be cool if you could teach stuff to your other characters!

Scarlet Hawk
Promethean Necromancer
Amber Rose
Apprentice Sorcerer
Thank you for the feed back! I thought they might be some interesting twists.

Interesting idea. Something to consider though is that with your idea...it would take a lot of planning and carefulness to pull off. It's not a bad idea at all but the thing is the PC (This means Playing-Character) is the Hero-type. He/she is always striving to do good in the Spiral and set things right. If we were to see the dark side of this Wizard, it would throw things kind of off since all we've done is try to make the right.

And, yes, in the last world to Morganthe's Arc will involve the defeat of Morganthe just as Dragonspyre did with Malistaire. I do think a 3rd Arc is coming in the works after some well deserved side worlds. I'm think Malistaire the Undying will be the new enemy only if he doesn't appear in the last world or somehow betray Morganthe.

Again Thanks!

P.S. NPC- Non-Playing Character. Typically characters we talk to and don't control.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Pretty sweet ideas...hope some of these may some day show up in the game in some form.

I thought of something the other day while watching someone use a polymorph spell. What if one of your quests took you to a magical island where a serene and powerful witch turned you and any friends into piggles? You are polymorphed for the entire dungeon, you look like a piggle and have wacky and unusual piggle spells (mostly myth but some other schools) and piggle health and use your energy instead of your mana to cast spells. You have a base 30% myth resistance and 5% global resistance but take 8% boosted damage from storm and have fixed 30% power pip chance, crit, and crit block.

You fight your way across the island to battle the witch and convince her to let you become human again and leave the island.

Defender
May 03, 2009
Cunning Finnigan S... on May 6, 2013 wrote:
Thank you for the feed back! I thought they might be some interesting twists.

Interesting idea. Something to consider though is that with your idea...it would take a lot of planning and carefulness to pull off. It's not a bad idea at all but the thing is the PC (This means Playing-Character) is the Hero-type. He/she is always striving to do good in the Spiral and set things right. If we were to see the dark side of this Wizard, it would throw things kind of off since all we've done is try to make the right.

And, yes, in the last world to Morganthe's Arc will involve the defeat of Morganthe just as Dragonspyre did with Malistaire. I do think a 3rd Arc is coming in the works after some well deserved side worlds. I'm think Malistaire the Undying will be the new enemy only if he doesn't appear in the last world or somehow betray Morganthe.

Again Thanks!

P.S. NPC- Non-Playing Character. Typically characters we talk to and don't control.
This is one of the first times someone has quoted me! Thank you for that :)

Soooo, that is what a PC is!! And yes, it would take some time to make this happen.

K, that is all I have to say, I'll try to think if I have any other ideas and post them!

Scarlet Hawk
Promethean Necromancer

Amber Rose
Apprentice Sorcerer

Squire
Jul 28, 2011

Scarlet Hawk
Promethean Necromancer
Amber Rose
Apprentice Sorcerer
Agreed, I love the "Where am I from (He's right behind you)" Is one of the best ideas on these message boards

Archon
Feb 07, 2011

Scarlet Hawk
Promethean Necromancer
Amber Rose
Apprentice Sorcerer
the "my arc" section of this is amazing~ i would love to see something like this play out.

-von

Defender
May 03, 2009
Dr Von on May 8, 2013 wrote:
the "my arc" section of this is amazing~ i would love to see something like this play out.

-von

Thank you! By the way, Von, you've been my 'message board idol' so I was thinking we could meet up in the game sometime. And when I wrote this, I thought of how much you'd love to be a villain :P

Scarlet Hawk
Amber Rose

Survivor
Apr 20, 2011
"Young Wizard, I've got a very special task for you. You was traveling to anicent exsacavatations (mispell) temples, visited ruins of Dragonspyre and Celestia Waters. Jungles of Zafaria, castles of Avalon. Get ready to visit the city, that to the ancient legends hides our biggest enemy: vicious, stealth spirit: Gupkinio! You have to travel to modern city of Laorizio. You shall get ready for your trip, but i got a little problem. Laorizio portal is mysteriously cut off of the rest of spiral, you can defeat Meowiarty to recover it."
(...)
"You recovered the key for Laorizio? Well thats great young wizard! Before your experience, let me teach you something of history of Laorizio. It was made by a team of wizards looking a place to build their city. Their cultures are prestige, royal and king, sense the students were originally from Avalon. they builded a massive city
which holds the greatest tower of Spiral in it's heart: Underground Tower "Polipio" Speak with Jezzebel Ophelion, in Veiled Valley, she can guide you trough Laorizio. You must be at least 30th level to go to Laorizio.
Laorizio is FREE!