Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Quick Question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 30, 2011
So I have a quick question, as I am new to the whole 'pet-who-have-talents' group. I have a giraffe who may cast spritely and she's a teen. If I age her up will she lose that ability or will it still be there, among other new talents?

Thanks and sorry if that's a unsmart question but I'm new to this

Defender
May 03, 2009
It will stay there. That's why people like to train their pets up, to have a good combination of things your pet can do to help you in battle.

Explorer
Nov 29, 2012
You will keep the talent on that pet unless you hatch a new pet. You could have a chance of getting something the pet you hatched with had while keeping some of your old pets talents.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
disneygirl1234 on May 4, 2013 wrote:
So I have a quick question, as I am new to the whole 'pet-who-have-talents' group. I have a giraffe who may cast spritely and she's a teen. If I age her up will she lose that ability or will it still be there, among other new talents?

Thanks and sorry if that's a unsmart question but I'm new to this
You never lose the talents your pets already have, there are just the possibilities of adding more.

Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
Yes the talent will still be there along with a new talent one your pet hits adult.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2013
Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Each level - teen - adult - ancient - epic - mega - unlocks one talent and one derby ability. You will not lose any. So if your giraffe has spritely at teen, it will always have it and will gain some other skills.

If your giraffe is original (first generation) these are the talents you could unlock. It is chance which ones you will get.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Giraffe

One your pet gets to adult you can keep training, and / or hatch with someone to get an additional pet with different talents. Hatching usually costs about 40,000 to 50,000 gold. If you like the potantial talents on the giraffe you can keep going. If not, you'll want to hatch with a pet that has the talents you most want.

Good luck!

Survivor
Aug 23, 2011
It will still give spritely, every time you train it to new age it gives one more talent

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
No question is unsmart. You pet will keep that powers and may add more.

pirate8375