Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are the battles in Azteca boring?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 27, 2009
Well, I think they are. My journey through Azteca is fortunately drawing to a close as I near the Xibalba quest, but looking back, nothing characterizes this world more than repetitive boss battles, endless street enemy battles, the same spells, the same routine in general. After about level 84, I stopped following the storyline, as well. If it wasn't for the level 88 spell as my motivation, I probably would have never worked my way further. But seriously, this world has no creativity; it's all long boss battles that honestly get boring. What happened to the fun riddles and puzzles you had to solve once in a while? The fun dungeons? I hope the next world incorporates more of these things.

Survivor
Sep 08, 2011
I'm tired of all the long battles in Azteca myself. I LOVED the riddles! But now they just have boss battles. Puzzles just suddenly stopped after Trial Of The Spheres in Celestia. I really hope the impliment riddles and puzzles and make them a little challenging. The old ones were a bit childish... but hey. It was new then. What can I say?
Anyways, I really hope KI does puzzles like TOTS had. It was amazing. I hope they read this.

~ Adrian Silvermancer

Explorer
Dec 01, 2012
Battles in Azteca are NOT boring! They're fun because they actually give you a challenge.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
I am enjoying Azteca, but you are certainly correct. I rather miss the charming puzzles :-/

Explorer
Mar 26, 2011
Your right but the battles aren't bad they give you some experience on whats ahead. But i do miss the fun riddles/Puzzles.

~Blue Flame Promethean Pyromancer

Survivor
Dec 31, 2011
I found Azteca to be tedious to say the least. Finished it on my fire...but Ice and Death are at a stand still. I liked the new spells. However, would have preferred to have had battles that were not so long. Very hard to play when you had time limits. It's ok to have some long battles...but really not impressed with street battles that take too long. The fun was taken out of it for sure. The crafting quest? was awful and to get what you need to make any of the items requires a reagent where you have to do endless boring boss battles over and over and over...and the end...downright depressing.

How about instead of a new world ... we go back in time to fix all the old ones :)....Like Dragonspire...and Celestia...and maybe to when Ambrose was a young wizard. I think it would be fun...and not such long fights...maybe some cheaters like on Celestia...and challenges...but getting beat down to almost no life before you can even cast one spell is not fun....how about giving us 6 double pips to start? or maybe having the opposition start with the same pips we do?

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
They are tedious, because they are long, but not difficult. Enemies have a lot more health, and a lot more powerful spells, but they are still dumb as posts. It's a war of attrition, not a battle of wits.

Puzzles would be a nice diversion, but what the game really needs to make it more interesting at the upper levels is a smarter AI. However, I imagine that improving the AI is a lot more difficult to program than simply adding more power to the enemies.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
They aren't too bad, but a battle that takes over seven minutes is just......eh.....

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Very boring, very tedious. I really enjoyed the earlier worlds for story and challenge that was actually challenge and not just an endless slog through one long battle after another. I would love to see new worlds, but have them be at a lower level with more fun in them, or at least make the bosses and even the street battles more reasonable. I found I just don't have time or interest to play Azteca, when every fight lasts a long time. It seems like KI has put all their creative interest into Pirates, and left Wizards behind. Things still look artistically creative, but the plot and playability got way dull.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2010
My balance girl is taking a break because it's one cave after another, one boss after another. And, as someone remarked, it's not hard but it is long (for me) and tedious. After killing the minion its just like chopping down a tree.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Mirath85 on Apr 30, 2013 wrote:
I found Azteca to be tedious to say the least. Finished it on my fire...but Ice and Death are at a stand still. I liked the new spells. However, would have preferred to have had battles that were not so long. Very hard to play when you had time limits. It's ok to have some long battles...but really not impressed with street battles that take too long. The fun was taken out of it for sure. The crafting quest? was awful and to get what you need to make any of the items requires a reagent where you have to do endless boring boss battles over and over and over...and the end...downright depressing.

How about instead of a new world ... we go back in time to fix all the old ones :)....Like Dragonspire...and Celestia...and maybe to when Ambrose was a young wizard. I think it would be fun...and not such long fights...maybe some cheaters like on Celestia...and challenges...but getting beat down to almost no life before you can even cast one spell is not fun....how about giving us 6 double pips to start? or maybe having the opposition start with the same pips we do?
I couldn't have said it better. I took a break From Az back in March and have just returned, but I am not running there everyday now either. Only when I feel like it which really isn't very often. I have instead been helping a friend work through CL.

Az has been just one long Tedious never ending battle. Nothing in this world is worth what our wizards are being asked to do. Gear drops useless for the most part, common reagents we have all farmed for, reagents needed to craft virtually impossible to get and ONE of the BIGGEST issues as you and many others have stated, OUR starting Pips vs Mob/Boss starting Pips.

If there had been side worlds in the second arc to address some of these issues and prepare our wizards for what we would be facing, this world would probably be a lot more fun than what is is now. We got slam dunked with nothing to work with and crafting and spells so late in this world that they really do us very little good and will be outdated to the max with the final world of this chapter especially if the difficulty is increased again beyond what Az already is.

Explorer
Jan 29, 2011
wizardrokz on May 1, 2013 wrote:
They aren't too bad, but a battle that takes over seven minutes is just......eh.....
Not really the longest battle for my storm took 10 min!Not kidding.A sharpened storm blade with colossal sirens equals 6218 damage.The bosses are extremely easy.Twin giants belloq was beated in one hit (had a life with 80 universal resist to spam heal while I hit) My max pip supercharge storm owl hits about 27k or so no critical.My stats now is:

112 storm damage 12 universal
4 universal resist 65 myth.
15 storm accuracy 12 universal
270 storm critical 65 universal
118 universal block
1 armor piercing
55 pip chance (100 actually pet has may cast power play)
0 stun resist
25 in 15 out.

Great stats for storm excellent solo wait more stats

3082 health (litterly)
590 mana
148k crowns

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I love AZ. It's my second favorite world (after Avalon). I found the fights exciting.

Explorer
Feb 16, 2011
nlhf1995 on Apr 25, 2013 wrote:
Well, I think they are. My journey through Azteca is fortunately drawing to a close as I near the Xibalba quest, but looking back, nothing characterizes this world more than repetitive boss battles, endless street enemy battles, the same spells, the same routine in general. After about level 84, I stopped following the storyline, as well. If it wasn't for the level 88 spell as my motivation, I probably would have never worked my way further. But seriously, this world has no creativity; it's all long boss battles that honestly get boring. What happened to the fun riddles and puzzles you had to solve once in a while? The fun dungeons? I hope the next world incorporates more of these things.
Yea I agree. To me the whole second arc was a little boring. Hard to follow, hard battles, so many collect quests, and I really don't like Morganthe's personality. Malistare was a great boss. I liked the first arc a lot more than the second one. I know I am not the only one thinking this and I hope KI will make the third arc more like the first. That would make me really happy

Explorer
Mar 16, 2011
Tyler LegendFriend... on Jul 14, 2013 wrote:
Not really the longest battle for my storm took 10 min!Not kidding.A sharpened storm blade with colossal sirens equals 6218 damage.The bosses are extremely easy.Twin giants belloq was beated in one hit (had a life with 80 universal resist to spam heal while I hit) My max pip supercharge storm owl hits about 27k or so no critical.My stats now is:

112 storm damage 12 universal
4 universal resist 65 myth.
15 storm accuracy 12 universal
270 storm critical 65 universal
118 universal block
1 armor piercing
55 pip chance (100 actually pet has may cast power play)
0 stun resist
25 in 15 out.

Great stats for storm excellent solo wait more stats

3082 health (litterly)
590 mana
148k crowns
could you list your gear? im sorry but thats too beast i wont believe it until i have proof

Survivor
May 23, 2009
They are, they usually consist of 10-20 minute sessions (depending on strategy and armor) and sometimes 1-2 deaths (depending on school)

But I still play, I played to Promethean/Beat Azteca. I never could stop, I felt guilty of stopping. I didn't feel addicted, just motivated to play until I beat it (like some games)

But yes, I can totally agree. All it is really is squished together for the 3rd-4th (counting CL) world with Morganthe.

I'll either level up my ice or quit for p101. I never finished GH, never got Transcendent Crafter. Never got PvP and Pet Warlord.

Well, hope to see you soon

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
Brandon SoulThief on Apr 26, 2013 wrote:
Battles in Azteca are NOT boring! They're fun because they actually give you a challenge.
There is a difference between long and challenging.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
They're not boring, because they most certainly take forever. And, I'm not whining, but really. In the street battles, we face 2 foes. Who start out with 8 pips, to my 3 or 4. Which is ok, but why aren't the foes subject to the same pip discipline as me? Seriously, I was fighting the Fire foes (forget what they're called) and the first one put 2 Efreets in a row on me. Really? That's an 8 or 9 pip spell, so how did it put 2 in a row on me, starting off with 8 pips? I don't mind fighting the street foes, I don't mind the bosses, but what the heck, fair is fair. I start off my fight with two minus 90 percent rounds in a row? Ugh, isn't Firezilla a 7 pip spell? Then how can some foe with 8 pips cast 2 in a row on me? Lol, how do the foes cast the Meteor Strike and, um, not lose pips ?!
Really, all of this has happened to me, and by round 4 i was almost dead, so I had to hire a Henchman. Oh! Maybe THAT is KingsIsle's plan! Lol, idk it just doesn't seem fair. Thanks for reading, have fun! :D

Explorer
Jan 29, 2011
beastmaster202 on Jul 23, 2013 wrote:
could you list your gear? im sorry but thats too beast i wont believe it until i have proof
I have changed my gear but sure I will list it and the over all stats.

Diviners deep rolling hat

I chose it because of the 23% percent storm damage plus the 7% accuracy and 315 health.
Eureka Rainment
Because of the 28% damage.
Diviners deep rolling waders
How can I let another 28% damage and 10% accuracy go.
Plus alpha and omega ring and blade of the felled Titan are so boss.I love using them.
Ah my pet Oscar and queen Stella
Oscar is my healing pet just to let you know this is hatched 5 times
Fairy friend
Spritley
Unicorn
Healing current
Tower shield
Queen Stella is the damage queen hatched 7 times
Storm giver
Pain bringer
Storm dealer
Pain giver
Fairy friend
Both are at mega
Now my wand
World burner rod 27 universal block and 95 universal crit
Why don't you do the Stats I got to go eat lunch

Survivor
Apr 16, 2010
Yah i do find that the battling in Azteca and the whole world in general is quite boring. I want to hurry and get to Aquila.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2012
depends.
sometimes the battle can get realllyy boring if you never finish, and it's taking you like 12 tries to defeat that person.
otherwise, i think the battles in azteca have the best scenes then most of the other worlds o:

Survivor
Jan 04, 2012
me and you bro
lol

Defender
May 05, 2010
The battles aren't hard if you have the right gear, but the battles are EXTREMELY long especially the boss battles, the health per se, is the elongating part of the battle.

Wolf Deathbringer Level ~80 Necromancer

Explorer
Jan 15, 2012
Brave Steven Xande... on Apr 26, 2013 wrote:
I'm tired of all the long battles in Azteca myself. I LOVED the riddles! But now they just have boss battles. Puzzles just suddenly stopped after Trial Of The Spheres in Celestia. I really hope the impliment riddles and puzzles and make them a little challenging. The old ones were a bit childish... but hey. It was new then. What can I say?
Anyways, I really hope KI does puzzles like TOTS had. It was amazing. I hope they read this.

~ Adrian Silvermancer
Weren't there some puzzles in AV and ZF?
Valkoor GoldSong lvl 87

Survivor
May 21, 2013
i agree that battles in azteca are boring, but to me it gets boring after pitch black lake is finished. twin giants is the worst because they have grim calacas there, really, grim calacas? they have like 6,050 health and the worst problem is belloq he's fine at the beginning of azteca, but seriously he has that same cheat he had last time with 23,335 health. that is very annoying and boring having to deal with these kinda problems. this is the kinda stuff that makes me wish i never heard of wizard101,cheating bosses ruin the game when their cheats get out of control.

(blaze moonmender promethean blaze ravenmender promethean, blaze frostmender level 26)