Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical Black - The only way to save crit...

AuthorMessage
Champion
Dec 01, 2011
ANSWERS!!!

I (finally) decided to post what it really does here.

Critical Black activates when the enemy uses a Critical hit on YOU. Instead of blocking, you will black, which will not only BLOCK that critical, but also GUARENTEE your chances of getting a Critical on that enemy.

However, I decided to make poeple happy (lastdaygunslinger (;) and make this work as a percentsge (%).

Every 5 points of Block will turn into 10% chances of Black.

What do you think? Is that what you expected? It saves the Critical because it is a way of getting a critical on an enemy without him blocking becuxe in Azteca you have 1‰ chance of getting an unblocked critical.

#popcicool7777777

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I like the idea of trying to do something with the critical dmg / block system, but I don't think this is it. Here are my reasons:

1. The critical black idea gives far too much advantage to the team that casts first. Whether its PvE or PvP. If you cast first and critical, the other team spells are already chosen... they can't take advantage of the critical black opportunity. But if the other team criticals you get to select an attack spell that takes full advantage of the guaranteed critical black.

2. What happens if enemy gets the same abilities as us? Everytime I critical on a boss (and fail to kill him) he will turn around and score a guranteed critical hit on me? Uh oh, I would get slaughtered! Especially if I am just using a wand spell to get rid of an enemy's shield or a weakness that was placed on me... I do 132pts damage (critical by accidental chance) and he returns with a 3500pt hit. gah!!!!

3. The critical black idea does not relate to a real-world (or magical world) mechanism that I can relate to. It doesn't make 'logical' sense to me. I guess its like a reflective mirror/amplifier that gets activated when a critical hit of any magical form hits me? Therfore I believe many gamers would find this a confusing element placed on top of an already confusing game concept. (many gamers find the critical system confusing, especially the block aspect.).

I understood the guaranteed aspect of critical black, but not the percentage idea. Converting blocking points into blacking points. If I understand correctly 20 blocking points means I will critical black 100%.

4. I don't PvP, but I expect lots of players will have an issue with this. Particularly as you can't control when you critical... you can't turn it off midway through a battle. So this adds an extra element of uncontrollable chance to PvP. (ie: you critical by chance and your enemy happens to have an attack spell lined up that gaurantees to kill you).

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I believe critical hits are just way to powerful for wizards & enemies in Avalon and beyond.

Doubling damage on heavy hitting spells based on probability (chance) is just too much, and takes away from the strategy and skill of the game. Providing critical block (effectively nullifying critical hit capability) is the smartest thing KI can do for moving forward.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
RottenHeart on Apr 12, 2013 wrote:
I like the idea of trying to do something with the critical dmg / block system, but I don't think this is it. Here are my reasons:

1. The critical black idea gives far too much advantage to the team that casts first. Whether its PvE or PvP. If you cast first and critical, the other team spells are already chosen... they can't take advantage of the critical black opportunity. But if the other team criticals you get to select an attack spell that takes full advantage of the guaranteed critical black.

2. What happens if enemy gets the same abilities as us? Everytime I critical on a boss (and fail to kill him) he will turn around and score a guranteed critical hit on me? Uh oh, I would get slaughtered! Especially if I am just using a wand spell to get rid of an enemy's shield or a weakness that was placed on me... I do 132pts damage (critical by accidental chance) and he returns with a 3500pt hit. gah!!!!

3. The critical black idea does not relate to a real-world (or magical world) mechanism that I can relate to. It doesn't make 'logical' sense to me. I guess its like a reflective mirror/amplifier that gets activated when a critical hit of any magical form hits me? Therfore I believe many gamers would find this a confusing element placed on top of an already confusing game concept. (many gamers find the critical system confusing, especially the block aspect.).

I understood the guaranteed aspect of critical black, but not the percentage idea. Converting blocking points into blacking points. If I understand correctly 20 blocking points means I will critical black 100%.

4. I don't PvP, but I expect lots of players will have an issue with this. Particularly as you can't control when you critical... you can't turn it off midway through a battle. So this adds an extra element of uncontrollable chance to PvP. (ie: you critical by chance and your enemy happens to have an attack spell lined up that gaurantees to kill you).
Thank you. I was really looking foward for an answer from you. Your point of view is easy to understand, and I have to agree with what you said.

It is impotant to share ideas for this reason. Even though you feel like its the best, maybe it isnt from another point of view.

Thank you for making me realize that this idea needs to be rethaught.

#popcicool7777777