Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level Arriving in New Worlds

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 16, 2009
I have a friend who I believe is underleveled, yet his friend keeps saying his level is normal. Here are the statistics:

End KT at level 22

End MB at 28

Level 35 in Kishibe Village (I had to take him to two CL dungeons to level him up)

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Dominooooo on Apr 8, 2013 wrote:
I have a friend who I believe is underleveled, yet his friend keeps saying his level is normal. Here are the statistics:

End KT at level 22

End MB at 28

Level 35 in Kishibe Village (I had to take him to two CL dungeons to level him up)
If he's under leveled, you are not helping by having him port where he does not belong to level up.

Level 35 seems under level but if he's not getting killed off, then his level is fine. Beware hitting Dragonspyre at too low of a level or it's going to be a problem moving on.

Explorer
Sep 01, 2012
To be honest, There is no Under-Leveled or Over-Leveled. It all depends on you're strategy. But, Here is a list that I think is pretty accurate:
Wizard City~ Level 15 and below
Krokotopia~ Level 25 and below
Marleybone~ Level 30 and below
Mooshu~ Level 35 and below
Dragonspyre~ Level 45 and below
Celestia~ Level 55 and below
Zafaria~ Level 65 and below
Avalon~ Level 70 and below
Azteca~ Level 90 and below

- So far I am only up to Dragonspyre but that is my best Estimate

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
in the early worlds there is no level to get in to the world when you get to CL there is. only thing i can think of is your friend skipped alot of side quest

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Dominooooo on Apr 8, 2013 wrote:

End KT at level 22

End MB at 28

there is no such thing as being over/underleveled.

for each world, it's recommended (but not required) that you be a certain level, so that you can access all the tools you need for combat. but what level you are when you enter a world depends on a few things:

-do you complete side quests, or follow the main arc only?

my storm wizard (level 73) is on the same quest as my friend's necromancer (level 77), because she completed side quests and i didn't; those who choose to complete side quests may level up faster, but will max out before someone who doesn't.

-do you play with friends or by yourself?

solo players may have a tougher time with difficult instances~ i know i did. but, now that i have a questing buddy, we plow through content at a much-faster pace.

hopefully, others will add to this list.

-

my level 22 pyromancer is at the end of krok; my level 28 myth/ice team just completed marleybone at level 28. so, while on the lower end of that "benchmark", your friend's friend is right: he is not underleveled.

-von

90 balance & death (pitch black lake & twin giants)
74 storm (caer lyon)
51 life (vestrilund/survey camp)
28 myth & ice (mooshu/wysteria)
22 fire (tomb of storms)

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
RavenLady777 on Apr 8, 2013 wrote:
If he's under leveled, you are not helping by having him port where he does not belong to level up.

Level 35 seems under level but if he's not getting killed off, then his level is fine. Beware hitting Dragonspyre at too low of a level or it's going to be a problem moving on.
I understand that, the only problem is that: I have a pretty soft heart, which means I can't refuse many of the things that people ask me. He always calls me to help him, I'm not sure if he really needs my help or wants things to go quicker.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
Dr Von on Apr 9, 2013 wrote:
there is no such thing as being over/underleveled.

for each world, it's recommended (but not required) that you be a certain level, so that you can access all the tools you need for combat. but what level you are when you enter a world depends on a few things:

-do you complete side quests, or follow the main arc only?

my storm wizard (level 73) is on the same quest as my friend's necromancer (level 77), because she completed side quests and i didn't; those who choose to complete side quests may level up faster, but will max out before someone who doesn't.

-do you play with friends or by yourself?

solo players may have a tougher time with difficult instances~ i know i did. but, now that i have a questing buddy, we plow through content at a much-faster pace.

hopefully, others will add to this list.

-

my level 22 pyromancer is at the end of krok; my level 28 myth/ice team just completed marleybone at level 28. so, while on the lower end of that "benchmark", your friend's friend is right: he is not underleveled.

-von

90 balance & death (pitch black lake & twin giants)
74 storm (caer lyon)
51 life (vestrilund/survey camp)
28 myth & ice (mooshu/wysteria)
22 fire (tomb of storms)
The fact that he always needs me to help him 24/7 and that he refuses to do side quests really bugs me, since I have to go into Hidden to Friends mode, but then I can't call my friends when I need help (which, I pretty much don't need anymore since I'm a level 87 in Alto Alto).

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Dominooooo on Apr 14, 2013 wrote:
The fact that he always needs me to help him 24/7 and that he refuses to do side quests really bugs me, since I have to go into Hidden to Friends mode, but then I can't call my friends when I need help (which, I pretty much don't need anymore since I'm a level 87 in Alto Alto).
Side quests are not required~ I only did them on one wizard; the others follow the main arc only.

But I don't rely on friends for help~ it's nice when they do give me a hand, but our schedules don't always sync up (usually due to time-zone difference) and I end up in-game with full servers to myself. And, while my high-level wizards don't "need" help, per se, it's always appreciated as it makes the torture go by faster (lol).

Sounds to me like your friend is just inconsiderate or your time and needs.

-von

90 balance & death
74 storm
53 life
28 myth & ice
22 fire