Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Advanced garden info

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Lets say you have a plot of couch potato's.( in my case 40 of them two plots) You have constant dragon flies on them. 8PM you all the plants need water and music. You give them that, you notice in 4-6 hours they are up for harvest. Log in at 330am 7.5 hours later 3-4 are ready to harvest, all the others have needs water/music again. ok so i do the music and water again. All plants have harvest ok thats fine. Now, my question is the plants that came up to harvest before the need(s) appeared how does W101 handle that plants needs? technically the plants have that need even know it was not showing up because harvest appeared before the need? If a need shows when the plant is in harvest mode will the plant stop the harvest graphic and go back to can not harvest with needs?

Just fishing for some answers i did put in a support case with ki the other day. Since i only use whole zone spells from moolinda packs of the 40 plants 7 of them were progress to dead with the other 33 were elder to be harvested. Typically Monday-Friday I tend to plants twice a day 330AM and 5PM all the plants have all needs each time. Unless there is a server update or something where i can not log in to manage plants ar 330.

Hopefully this scenario is easy to understand and thanks all who can provide feedback.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
You presented an excellent question. Hopefully someone can expand, correct, or clarify what I am about to say...

I do not believe pro-active gardening has any effect. Watering a plant when it does not need watering has no benifit. Sometimes when I water an entire zone a couple plants want watering 5 minutes later. Because of this I often wait until lots of plants have a specific need before doing a large area spell.

What I have not figured out is this: does a plant continue to mature when it has needs associated with it? If it needs water and sunshine is there any benifit to giving it only water? Or should you wait until you have the energy to completely satisfy it?

--> please only experienced gardeners reply.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
RottenHeart on Mar 25, 2013 wrote:
You presented an excellent question. Hopefully someone can expand, correct, or clarify what I am about to say...

I do not believe pro-active gardening has any effect. Watering a plant when it does not need watering has no benifit. Sometimes when I water an entire zone a couple plants want watering 5 minutes later. Because of this I often wait until lots of plants have a specific need before doing a large area spell.

What I have not figured out is this: does a plant continue to mature when it has needs associated with it? If it needs water and sunshine is there any benifit to giving it only water? Or should you wait until you have the energy to completely satisfy it?

--> please only experienced gardeners reply.
You are correct about the pro-active gardening. If a plant does not have needs, giving them water, sun, music, magic, or pollen will not stop them from getting that need within a short time.

A plant does continue to mature when it has needs. I have seen my plants go elder before my eyes even if they do have needs. I do not know how long a plant can have needs before it begins to wilt. On several occasions, I have had plants wilt while others of the same type have not, even though I have taken care of their needs all at the same time.

Someone once posted that needs will kill a plant yet pests only delay progress. After reading this, I began taking care of needs first before killing pests. This has decreased my number of wilts.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 90 Life