Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best Gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 02, 2010
Hi, i am a lvl 12 fire wizard. I was wondering if someone could tell me the best gear and how to get it please.
Also, if it could go together that would be great.

Explorer
Oct 30, 2011
The best gear must be gear dropped in WaterWorks dungeon (Access in lvl 60) or crafted gear (probably Promethean Crafter gear)

Jonathan Frogheart - Ice lvl 82
Knight of the Silver Rose, Hero of Avalon, Order of the Fang, Zafarian Explorer, Waterworks Warrior, Oni Slayer, Mastermind, Savior of Wizard City, Savior of the Spiral and much more :P

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
ironhide227 on Mar 3, 2013 wrote:
Hi, i am a lvl 12 fire wizard. I was wondering if someone could tell me the best gear and how to get it please.
For level 12 it is crowns gear in the crown shop.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
ironhide227 on Mar 3, 2013 wrote:
The best gear can be shopped for at the Bazaar in Ole Town, as you level up your wizard and collect gold and things to sell for it you can get better gear. Usually gear can improve every 5 levels. Sometimes dropped gear can help also.

Gloria across from the Bazaar will also give you a quest to gather things for her to make you a set of gear for your wizard. I am not positive what level or quest generates it but I usually just check on her when I pass there questing.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
lastdaysgunslinger on Mar 5, 2013 wrote:
For level 12 it is crowns gear in the crown shop.
At this level crown gear is not necessarily the best idea and would really be a waste of money at this level.

Up until at least level 60 gear can come and go at such a rapid rate crown gear would be expensive to maintain.

I have soloed almost all the game with all my wizards with out the aid of any crown gear unless it were dropped to me.