Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hornwood Trees?!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 22, 2012
I have recently got into Austrilund, Wintertusk, and I have a quest that is seriously confusing me.
It's called 'Shot in the Heart' and it says I have to use 3 Hornwood Trees.
What on earth are Hornwood Trees????????????????????????????
I haven't seen any plants with the name 'Hornwood Tree' floating above it!
Can someone PLEASE help me on this?

Sierra Ashblood, Grandmaster Pyromancer.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
sierraisonfire on Jan 25, 2013 wrote:
I have recently got into Austrilund, Wintertusk, and I have a quest that is seriously confusing me.
It's called 'Shot in the Heart' and it says I have to use 3 Hornwood Trees.
What on earth are Hornwood Trees????????????????????????????
I haven't seen any plants with the name 'Hornwood Tree' floating above it!
Can someone PLEASE help me on this?

Sierra Ashblood, Grandmaster Pyromancer.
This one is so funny. They aren't really plants. They really are trees. They don't have any signs on them. But as you approach the tree, the "interactive X" appears so you can "use the tree".

When you are in Austrilund, click "M" to open your map. This link shows the map:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Location:Austrilund

You will see Austri's Throne at the top right section of the map, and there is a little brown bridge at the bottom right section that takes you to this area.

As soon as you cross the bridge, stay to your left, and there is one Hornwood Tree in the snowbank.

As you approach the tree, the "X" should appear so you can use the tree.

Continue heading toward Austri's Throne and there is another tree farther up the road.

That's all I could find just now, but you can change realms and pick up the same trees in a different realm, or you can continue looking around for more. At least you know what to look for now.

Hope this helped.

Explorer
Jun 03, 2012
Actually the Hornwood trees are easy to spot, they are the trees that have branches sticking up with nothing on them (bare branches) and around the bottom trunk there are thorns, similar to the thorns on a rose stem., They are shorter than any other trees in Austrilund and a lighter yellowish brown - once you find one you won't have any trouble spotting them.

Good Luck!

Sarai Thundergrove, Archmage Pyromancer
Breken Thundergrove, Grandmaster Thaumaturge

Defender
Jan 22, 2012