Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Secondary school for storm

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 07, 2012
Obviously storm fizzles a lot and since I am one I have low health therefore are awful at defense and I die if my spells don't succeed...

So I need to be healed A LOT... so life is healing only, but I need more "spells" so I was thinking death because it is stronger than life, AND it damages AND Heals in 1 spell...

So best secondary for storm.... life for healing or death for stealing health

DEATH v. LIFE for storm

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Don't choose death, life is tha better choose for storm for healing, later on those steals will add up to nothing. Personally I choose neither of them, I saved my points for the astral schools, fizzling then is no longer a worry.

Historian
May 28, 2009
I suggest picking life, but have a death amulet. That way you can always change the amulet for stronger spells while having the best of heals

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
sean04720472 on Jan 7, 2013 wrote:
Obviously storm fizzles a lot and since I am one I have low health therefore are awful at defense and I die if my spells don't succeed...

So I need to be healed A LOT... so life is healing only, but I need more "spells" so I was thinking death because it is stronger than life, AND it damages AND Heals in 1 spell...

So best secondary for storm.... life for healing or death for stealing health

DEATH v. LIFE for storm
As you get to higher levels with your Storm you will be able to get accuracy in your gear that will help with that fizzle - my Storm now fizzles less then my other wizards.

My Storm is entering Celestia/Wintertusk and what I have is the tri-blade from Niles in Krock Land, the Stun Block from Diego on Unicorn Way and I have started the Sun spells - fists - to boost my regular spells, by now I am fizzling a lot less so do not need the Accuracy ones and you don't need to take them to work your way to Colossus. In early levels I did use the ghoul amulet and have a pet with Spritely. As you quest and collect treasure cards and gold you can buy and use them to fill in when you want other spells to use.

The only other thing I am considering is maybe Ice to the Tower Shield so I would have a universal shield. I fight very aggressive so I barely have time to bother shielding but may in boss fights.

Keep in mind as you are able to get gear that gives you more chances of getting power pips those out of school spells will start to cost you twice as much to cast unless you buy the amulet to use them with your power pips. I learned this on my first wizard and vowed never to take on excessive out of school spells, only ones that would enhance my school given ones.