Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Damage over time

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 23, 2012
When i first started Wizard101 i made a fire wizard, and at the end of the quiz it said fire has damage over time. But now every school but storm and balance has one. Each school has a specialty (fire-DoT ice-high defense storm-high damage death-stealing life-healing myth-minions balance-varitey) so each school should stay with their specialty. There aren't any fire heals or steals. There is a fire minion but every school gets one. And fire doesn't have very high defense. I can understand a little varitey in the schools but now there are more damage over time spells in the other schools than in fire and only two schools don't have DoT. Also the other schools have more control of DoT than fire with shift, cool down, triage, and mass triage. I would like to see less damage over time in other schools and more in fire. Please feel free to comment on the topic.

Richard Deathpants
Archmage Pyromancer

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
cowstastegood on Nov 6, 2012 wrote:
When i first started Wizard101 i made a fire wizard, and at the end of the quiz it said fire has damage over time. But now every school but storm and balance has one. Each school has a specialty (fire-DoT ice-high defense storm-high damage death-stealing life-healing myth-minions balance-varitey) so each school should stay with their specialty. There aren't any fire heals or steals. There is a fire minion but every school gets one. And fire doesn't have very high defense. I can understand a little varitey in the schools but now there are more damage over time spells in the other schools than in fire and only two schools don't have DoT. Also the other schools have more control of DoT than fire with shift, cool down, triage, and mass triage. I would like to see less damage over time in other schools and more in fire. Please feel free to comment on the topic.

Richard Deathpants
Archmage Pyromancer
Okay, I'm gonna break this down for you:

1. Yes, Fire's specialty is DoT. Even if the other schools have one each (except Balance and Storm), none of them have as many of them as Fire does (4 or 5, I forget).

2. Yes, fire has 2 heals~ Link and Power Link, which are also DoT spells, plus the Pixie you were given at the start of Unicorn Way.

3. Every school has a minion, but only Myth and Balance have more than one.

4. Yes, Fire has low resistance and block, but it also hits harder than most of the others (second only to Storm). If it (or any school) had high firepower AND high defense, that school would become quite overpowered and it wouldn't be fair to anyone else.

5. Yes, some other schools (Life and Myth specifically) have ways to counter a DoT. That said, they can only remove at most 2/3 of it~ therefore, I see nothing wrong with this.

My 2 cents, for what they're worth.

-veebz
archmage sorceress & necromancer

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Schools donot have to be unique they are just different. If you wish to think this way then i guess life has been shafted the longest because every school gets pixie spell in the beginning quest line but its a heal spell from life school. Everyone really needs to stop focussing on schools having similar spell effects. Schools have their differences but somethings will be the same. It doesnt unbalance the game so dont worry about it. The spells are still different some just have same traits. I personally dont feel it makes any difference. It doesnt say that fire has copyright over DoT or storm over high dmg or life over heals ect..... It just says that school specializes on those effects and they do.