Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Healing question

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I was in mirror lake last night, and died. No problem there, it happens, but the curious thing is this (and I really think this is the first time I've come across it), I had 7 sprite spells currently cast on me by my pet. I KNOW that when you die, it dispells everything cast on you, but my question is, why? The spells were already enacted, and the spells didn't die, I did. I KNOW the game nulls everything on death, but, well, why should it erase spells already cast and effective? Without bonuses, the spell would have returned, at minimum, 630 HP (before my equipment boosts). That would have been enough to bring me back just fine for another round and maybe given my teammates enough time to cast more healing on me (not to mention my phoenix)

I'm curious what you guys think, should existing "over time" spells continue to work on you after you're dead?

I get the argument that it would make certain battles tougher (the sprial key battle in marleyborne comes to mind), and it would be one-sided in that unless they happened in order of casting, it would negate all attack spells and just heal you, but still, I think those current running "over time" spells should not be effected

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
I agree with you totally. HoT spells should bring you back to life after defeated if they are current . Why not i mean you can have a comrade heal you back to life right so a heal tick should do the same.