Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

People abusing Open Chat options

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 05, 2011
I'm afraid this is a bit of a moan but it needs to be known.

Recently, I have been abused by people saying stuff like "Haha text chat noob!" and I find this extremely offensive because what they've probably done is just beg their parents to get open chat because I wouldn't expect such immature behaivior from someone 18+

I have absolutely nothing wrong with people who are actually 18+ and use the open chat the right way. I realize now KI have changed it so people can't lie about it but in someways that gets me even more annoyed because now that harassment will just continue and I'll have no way to get open chat now.

Sorry for such a moan by thank you for reading.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
IKL626 on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:
I'm afraid this is a bit of a moan but it needs to be known.

Recently, I have been abused by people saying stuff like "Haha text chat noob!" and I find this extremely offensive because what they've probably done is just beg their parents to get open chat because I wouldn't expect such immature behaivior from someone 18+

I have absolutely nothing wrong with people who are actually 18+ and use the open chat the right way. I realize now KI have changed it so people can't lie about it but in someways that gets me even more annoyed because now that harassment will just continue and I'll have no way to get open chat now.

Sorry for such a moan by thank you for reading.
You need to make friends with the ignore button. Common areas of the game may not be for the faint at heart. As the member base has grown so have the chances of you running across this type of thing.

In the end you chose to put your self in a situation that became insulting to you, unless your wizard was nailed to the ground you can just leave. Either that or you need to take the sticks and stones attitude or pretend it's water on a ducks back and let it roll right off. Believe me if you play on you will hear or see much worse if you don't take control now.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2012
Northlite on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:
You need to make friends with the ignore button. Common areas of the game may not be for the faint at heart. As the member base has grown so have the chances of you running across this type of thing.

In the end you chose to put your self in a situation that became insulting to you, unless your wizard was nailed to the ground you can just leave. Either that or you need to take the sticks and stones attitude or pretend it's water on a ducks back and let it roll right off. Believe me if you play on you will hear or see much worse if you don't take control now.
she is right you need to tell them stuff the harsher way than just sitting there and doing nothing. if you dont they will tell there friends to start.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
Try not to worry so much about what other players say to you in chat, especially if they are not on your friend list. As an adult player who has been playing for years now, I've only been truly offended by a couple other players' comments to me or actions during the game (one guy left me in a dungeon he wanted to win and I had already completed twice for over a hour. So I completed it again to get the gear!). They both went on my ignore list and I've never seen them since! It's a great thing, that ignore button.

Also, if someone bothers you, simply leave the area-- they won't follow you around to call you a noob over and over. If you are easily offended, I wouldn't hang out in the Commons.