Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance Prisms

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 27, 2009
I have a suggestion for the balance school to be more fair, to me. A lot of my balance friends wish there would be something that could change balance spells to something different. I don't know if it is even possible at this point in the game to go back and add it, so I don't know how important this idea is to you guys, but it would be awesome to see a prism for balance to choose a random school. Even separating the prisms into elemental prism and spirit prism, to keep the uniqueness of the balance school, of course. Anyways, I think it would be something fun, even if it would be just a treasure card or something. I hope it could be considered, thanks for reading this pointless message...

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Survivor
Sep 27, 2009
You're missing the point. Those are weaker than the other spells balance have. All I'm saying is that it would be fun. And don't you dare talk about the shadow spells, because I already know...

Survivor
Sep 28, 2009
Well, those do help in some cases. Personally, when I face a balance boss, I always think it's very difficult to defeat it with low level attacks such as spectral blast, hydra, and chimera, especially when we have to buff those up enough to actually do some damage before we eventually die by the boss. It would be easier to convert balance spells such as judgement or powernova that would actually help in a situation against enemies that are balance (especially an aoe spell). I mean, every other school has their prism to convert, why don't we have one? But that's just my two cents. :D

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
SarahUnicornsword on Jun 24, 2016 wrote:
Well, those do help in some cases. Personally, when I face a balance boss, I always think it's very difficult to defeat it with low level attacks such as spectral blast, hydra, and chimera, especially when we have to buff those up enough to actually do some damage before we eventually die by the boss. It would be easier to convert balance spells such as judgement or powernova that would actually help in a situation against enemies that are balance (especially an aoe spell). I mean, every other school has their prism to convert, why don't we have one? But that's just my two cents. :D
Every other school also has to deal with shields for their school. There's no Balance shield for us to deal with ever. Not needing prisms is one of Balance's strengths. By creating prisms you have to create shields too, taking away Balance's uniqueness.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
seethe42 on Jun 25, 2016 wrote:
Every other school also has to deal with shields for their school. There's no Balance shield for us to deal with ever. Not needing prisms is one of Balance's strengths. By creating prisms you have to create shields too, taking away Balance's uniqueness.
I personally, as someone who uses a Sorcerer as my main wizard, think that (while it would be very helpful) prisms for Balance would be USELESS. The whole essence of the school is that it has no one trait, and follows no one pattern, but (most of all); it's charms/wards are the most unique in the game. Right, every school gets a school blade, school trap, school shield, dual-triad shield (no clue how to name them other than that) & school prism. On top of that, gets Backdraft, gets Tower Shield, gets Lightning Strike, Supercharge and Windstorm, gets minion-oriented charms & wards, gets the Lights & Guidance; and gets Curse & Feint.

gets NONE of that. They get no school blade; 2 universal. No school trap; 1 universal. No school shield; 2 triad shields. No school prism; out-of-school damage. Seems odd, right? Not a trick question; yes it does. But I love that all of the factors get covered by the same thought, done differently. Still blades, still a trap, still shields, stil- Wait a minute. Various spells dealing different types of damage isn't a conversion ward at all. I think we should keep the out-of-school damage spells because they help us stay unique; but I think there should be some form of prism that works completely differently to the ones we know already.

Not 6 prisms (one for each school), not an Elemental prism, not a Spirit prism, not an Astral prism, not a Shadow prism. Something else; I just don't know what.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Balance has the power to hit elemental or spirit (Blast, Chimera etc).
And the blades, traps, shields are Free.
Spirit is a boost against a balance boss; Make that work for you.

If you want more, change schools.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2012
If a Balance prism was created, there would need to be another school counterpart made just for it. Then KingsIsle would have to create new gear of this school, bosses, mobs, you name it. But if Balance were to get a prism to convert to any school already on the game, they would become over-powered; Balance could switch to any school to boost or to stop shields, etc. This would ruin the game.

If you don't like what Balance has to offer (already), choose another school.

- Marissa

Survivor
Sep 27, 2009
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Blaze Sandblade on Jun 25, 2016 wrote:
I personally, as someone who uses a Sorcerer as my main wizard, think that (while it would be very helpful) prisms for Balance would be USELESS. The whole essence of the school is that it has no one trait, and follows no one pattern, but (most of all); it's charms/wards are the most unique in the game. Right, every school gets a school blade, school trap, school shield, dual-triad shield (no clue how to name them other than that) & school prism. On top of that, gets Backdraft, gets Tower Shield, gets Lightning Strike, Supercharge and Windstorm, gets minion-oriented charms & wards, gets the Lights & Guidance; and gets Curse & Feint.

gets NONE of that. They get no school blade; 2 universal. No school trap; 1 universal. No school shield; 2 triad shields. No school prism; out-of-school damage. Seems odd, right? Not a trick question; yes it does. But I love that all of the factors get covered by the same thought, done differently. Still blades, still a trap, still shields, stil- Wait a minute. Various spells dealing different types of damage isn't a conversion ward at all. I think we should keep the out-of-school damage spells because they help us stay unique; but I think there should be some form of prism that works completely differently to the ones we know already.

Not 6 prisms (one for each school), not an Elemental prism, not a Spirit prism, not an Astral prism, not a Shadow prism. Something else; I just don't know what.
I'VE GOT IT! You could learn this from Niles, and it'd be free for :

Glass Prism - , 0 pips, 100% acc., Convert damage into damage.

This means for a Snow Serpent, it'd take in the damage and give out the same damage in a completely random school. Any person could learn and use it, but it would be most helpful for . This way, it works like the existing wards and charms in ; universally.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Blaze Sandblade on Jun 27, 2016 wrote:

This means for a Snow Serpent, it'd take in the damage and give out the same damage in a completely random school. Any person could learn and use it, but it would be most helpful for . This way, it works like the existing wards and charms in ; universally.
This would be ok for PvE but overpowered for PvP. It would make school shields worthless. It also favors storm and fire with their higher damage spells being able to hit as any school while still using their high boost and critical. It's not really something that would help balance all that much in my opinion.

Level 110
Level 105
Level 92

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Blaze Sandblade on Jun 27, 2016 wrote:

I don't really have a strong opinion on this matter, but I would generally say that it's a "no" for me on the prism idea.

The Spear on King Artorius's spell is for magic only, not . So that is nice/interesting.

I loved the name of Blaze's spell Glass Prism and think that should be a spell name down the line. I do want to tweak it a little though:

Glass Prism - , 0 pips, 1 Pip, 100% accuracy, Convert damage into creature's opposite school for all enemies.

i.e. You are fighting a Elemental with a boss. The prism will turn the next spells damage to each ones opposite so -> on the Elemental
-> on the minion
-> on the guy
and random school for (same for ).

Just an idea.
You can say you like/don't like the idea/you can change the idea but no hate!

Again, I just really liked the spell name of "Glass Prism"