Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

They have changed your Crown Plants!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
Why did KingsIsle change the Crown Plants?
They all lost pet snacks and when you get something like litter which sells for about 10 gold it replaces the pet snacks that sells for hundreds. Plus the drop pool is now smaller so you get less of everything!
If you had purchased a wand from the crown shop because of the stats and KingsIsle decided to cut those stats and make it weaker that wouldn’t be right! That is exactly what they did to the crown plants.
I stack my plants so I purchased 48 couch potatoes, about 42 deadly helephant ears, and 42 evil magma peas. That’s a lot of crowns. I also bought some for several family members. I feel so cheated!
Once I pay money for something it doesn’t belong to KingsIsle anymore it is mine!
I would have been happy with a crafting spell for all the junk. That would have added to the game.
They hide behind the words random drops like they were innocent. We know who decides what goes into packs and such and who programs this mythical random.
For the first time in five years I don’t have plants planted. I am surprised to find I am kind of enjoying the freedom.
Unhappy Mattie

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
Hello,

Not sure what your complaining about really. The final quantity of mega-snack drops of the plants has not changed, nor has the typical cards, gold, and reagents. All they have done is add an additional drop type which is either a housing item, or in most cases - one of the plant likes. Some of the exotic plant likes are hard to craft and difficult to obtain from the bazaar. All they seem to have done is now make the plants drop the likes more frequently. These can always be sold for gold. The likes when dropped help the plants grow faster when used. So now you will get them from the plants instead of having to hunt them down or craft them. I think that is a very good thing for most gardeners.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I still get Mega Snacks from all of my Evil Magma Peas, so I too am confused as to what you're talking about.

And the plant like drops... well I have way more Djembe Drums and Egg Baskets than I ever needed, but I'll tell you I loved it when I harvested a Sword Tree for my Sword Ferns. I don't know what I would have gotten as a drop if I didn't get that, and quite frankly I don't care.

As for drops, I get so many treasure cards from my EMP's, and I'm almost always maxed out on gold. I have to buy so much stuff just to be able to sell my treasure cards when I'm maxed out on those as well.

Aside from that, I've purchased 50 Evil Magma Peas, no Couch Potatoes, no King Parsleys, and no Deadly Helephant Ears. I now have probably close to 1,000 Evil Magma Peas, 15 Couch Potatoes, about 250 King Parsleys, and about 250 Deadly Helephant Ears. I ran out of room once I started getting so many EMP's so I started feeding KP's and DHE's to my pets, otherwise I'd probably about about 500 or more of each of them as well.

When it comes to Crowns seeds, the only complaint I have is that KI has given me more than I need and I get far more gold (and drops that I sell for more gold) from them than I know what to do with. I'm not going to complain about that.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I'm not sure where this complaint is coming from. I get MORE stuff from my EMP and CP gardens. The only change I've seen is that I have loads of Djembe Drums, Egg Baskets and Litter to feed to pets in addition to everything I've always gotten. Your rant went off to talk about crafted spells and randomness of drops so I'm really not sure what the point of this post was. Your complaint about a mythical replacement of pet snacks seems pointless and unwarranted.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
It seems to me that she may be talking about Shanta Pudding and those lower rank snacks that Couch Potato drops. They sell for quite a lot of gold.I really havent paid much attention as to weather mine are dropping the same. I usually just let them pile up until one of my wizards needs gold, which is rare. I will pay attention next harvest and report back. Meanwhile, has anyone else paid attention to this?
Amber

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
AmberRavenSong7 on Jun 16, 2016 wrote:
It seems to me that she may be talking about Shanta Pudding and those lower rank snacks that Couch Potato drops. They sell for quite a lot of gold.I really havent paid much attention as to weather mine are dropping the same. I usually just let them pile up until one of my wizards needs gold, which is rare. I will pay attention next harvest and report back. Meanwhile, has anyone else paid attention to this?
Amber
I have a few max gardeners (80 plants a house) of EMP and Couch; I have only noticed house items that the plants like are added, not that anything has been taken away overall except - I get less Shanta Pudding it seems, now that you mention it.......

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I guess maybe that's why I haven't noticed anything. I have Couch Potatoes, but I never plant them anymore. I see people promoting the CP's a lot, but I honestly never found the value in them when I tried them out.

Couch Potatoes drop Captain Canteloupe that gives you +12 Strength and +15 Agility (+45 total w/Power) and Golden Wheat Bread that gives you +11 Agility and +14 Will (+40 total w/Power). You don't have any Mega Snack drops that improve Intellect.

Evil Magma Peas drop Captain Canteloupe that gives you +12 Strength and +15 Agility (+45 total w/Power) and Mystic Dragon Fruit that gives you +12 Intellect and +15 Will (+45 total w/Power). Every stat is getting boosted with these drops, and for the most part the experience is being evenly distributed.

Even Deadly Helephant Ears drop snacks that more evenly distribute stat experience, they just happen to be 15 total points lower than the EMP's drops. However I would still plant them before I would plant CP's again.

Now I realize Mega Snacks aren't the only thing people have gardens for. I used to have King Parsley gardens to get Amber so I could craft spells. But if you're gardening to harvest items to sell to get Gold... my EMP's have kept me maxed for a very long time. I stopped gardening for about a year just because I was tired of Harold Argleston reprimanding me all the time for having too many treasure cards in my spell book because I had too much Gold to sell them and I didn't feel like going through the trouble of trashing them all.

I suppose I understand the concern if you're speaking specifically of CP's, and the reason you bought them was to get a specific Mature drop that you no longer get as often as you did before. As someone who's never bought into the hype surrounding CP's, the overall package of drops has never impressed me much so that's probably why I failed to understand the problem in the first place. The Crown plants I covet are just fine.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
High Five Ghost on Jun 18, 2016 wrote:
I guess maybe that's why I haven't noticed anything. I have Couch Potatoes, but I never plant them anymore. I see people promoting the CP's a lot, but I honestly never found the value in them when I tried them out.

Couch Potatoes drop Captain Canteloupe that gives you +12 Strength and +15 Agility (+45 total w/Power) and Golden Wheat Bread that gives you +11 Agility and +14 Will (+40 total w/Power). You don't have any Mega Snack drops that improve Intellect.

Evil Magma Peas drop Captain Canteloupe that gives you +12 Strength and +15 Agility (+45 total w/Power) and Mystic Dragon Fruit that gives you +12 Intellect and +15 Will (+45 total w/Power). Every stat is getting boosted with these drops, and for the most part the experience is being evenly distributed.

Even Deadly Helephant Ears drop snacks that more evenly distribute stat experience, they just happen to be 15 total points lower than the EMP's drops. However I would still plant them before I would plant CP's again.

Now I realize Mega Snacks aren't the only thing people have gardens for. I used to have King Parsley gardens to get Amber so I could craft spells. But if you're gardening to harvest items to sell to get Gold... my EMP's have kept me maxed for a very long time. I stopped gardening for about a year just because I was tired of Harold Argleston reprimanding me all the time for having too many treasure cards in my spell book because I had too much Gold to sell them and I didn't feel like going through the trouble of trashing them all.

I suppose I understand the concern if you're speaking specifically of CP's, and the reason you bought them was to get a specific Mature drop that you no longer get as often as you did before. As someone who's never bought into the hype surrounding CP's, the overall package of drops has never impressed me much so that's probably why I failed to understand the problem in the first place. The Crown plants I covet are just fine.
You forget the biggest draw for planting CP, Frozen Yogurt. EMP doesn't drop a 50 xp snack. CP is the only one that does. And for getting a pet to Ultra those are the best since stats are maxed out at that point.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
SilverbackMonkey on Jun 24, 2016 wrote:
You forget the biggest draw for planting CP, Frozen Yogurt. EMP doesn't drop a 50 xp snack. CP is the only one that does. And for getting a pet to Ultra those are the best since stats are maxed out at that point.
EMP also drops Fancy Yogurt, just at a lower rate. EMP are much harder to get from farming though. CP only requires a single round duel with low level minions. EMP requires boss fights and very low drop rate. EMP drops 5 different Mega snacks (50, 45, 45, 40, 40), CP only 3 (50, 45, 40) so you get more Yogurt from CP because it's 33% chance vs 20%.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
SilverbackMonkey on Jun 24, 2016 wrote:
EMP's also drop Fancy Yogurt.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/House:Evil_Magma_Peas

I didn't include that in my list because both plants drop them making it redundant. I've got a lot of Fancy Yogurts.

Defender
Jun 08, 2015
Chiming in . . . I have noticed suddenly I have between 8 and 10 drums and egg baskets each harvest; absolutely not use for them . . . I mean, how many can you use? if they are ADDED, I guess it doesn't matter, but I'd be firly unhappy if they replaced part of the reagents, cards or snacks.

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
cardorarla on Jul 1, 2016 wrote:
Chiming in . . . I have noticed suddenly I have between 8 and 10 drums and egg baskets each harvest; absolutely not use for them . . . I mean, how many can you use? if they are ADDED, I guess it doesn't matter, but I'd be firly unhappy if they replaced part of the reagents, cards or snacks.
KingsIsle told me that the addition of the egg baskets and drums create a larger drop pool. So we get fewer pet snacks. So every time you get a drum or egg basket it replaced a pet snack.
Cubby Broccoli, Cherry Tomato, Green Tomato, Mystic Dragon? All had the intellect (book) stat. All seem to have been removed from the Couch Potatoes. I haven't gotten a single one in 3 months. They are just plain gone!
What really bothers me is that they changed them after I paid for them!
Mattie1010

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
mattie1010. on Aug 1, 2016 wrote:
KingsIsle told me that the addition of the egg baskets and drums create a larger drop pool. So we get fewer pet snacks. So every time you get a drum or egg basket it replaced a pet snack.
Cubby Broccoli, Cherry Tomato, Green Tomato, Mystic Dragon? All had the intellect (book) stat. All seem to have been removed from the Couch Potatoes. I haven't gotten a single one in 3 months. They are just plain gone!
What really bothers me is that they changed them after I paid for them!
Mattie1010
Couch Potato never dropped any of the snacks you mentioned. They have always dropped Golden Pizza, Jar of Jelly Beans, Killer Tomato, Shanta Pudding, and Taco Town Special as the regular snacks. They still do.