Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance wizards need converts

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 13, 2015
velocic428 on May 11, 2016 wrote:
I am a level 74 in avalon. usually all of us say we have spells like chimera and stuff but the enemies have spirit and elemental shields too. i dont have much pierce or anything but balance does not need converts you can take help or get some pierce gear when fighting a balance boss to get trough their shields so i dont really want any prisms cause we have pierce and that helps a lot.

DustinMyth Pants lvl74
pierce helps.

Balance still needs converts. And shields. Balance should NOT be the only school that doesn't have school specific shields and converts.

And all the arguements about why it's not possible or why it's not necessary don't hold water. Those are just poor attempts to justify what has been a bad design decision from the very beginning of the game.

There are many different solutions to how converts could work, all would be acceptable. And there is no reason in the world why balance shields that protect against balance attacks, shouldn't exist.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Geoffery23 on May 29, 2016 wrote:
pierce helps.

Balance still needs converts. And shields. Balance should NOT be the only school that doesn't have school specific shields and converts.

And all the arguements about why it's not possible or why it's not necessary don't hold water. Those are just poor attempts to justify what has been a bad design decision from the very beginning of the game.

There are many different solutions to how converts could work, all would be acceptable. And there is no reason in the world why balance shields that protect against balance attacks, shouldn't exist.
I absolutely disagree.

Balance was, is, and is supposed to be different from the other schools. Give them converts and give the other school Balance shields - and we go to playing Balance exactly like we play Life, Ice or Myth, Death, Storm.

Survivor
Mar 17, 2010
Imma have to disagree.

I believe balance doesn't need a convert I have a level 80 and Balance bosses are not that hard. I just kill minion with Ra or Power Nova, put some towers on, and usually start using Spectral Blast/Hydra/Chimera bosses at most have 2 sets of tri-shields even better if its the same schools.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
pierce helps.

Giving converts and shields would turn Balance into one of the weakest schools. You'd have to give them Balance only blades as well to make up for it. They'd be a weak mix of the other schools with no advantages at all and have to carry far too many spell cards. This attempt to make Balance like other schools weakens the school, it doesn't help it. Learn to play the school instead of changing it into everything else. Balance is a very powerful school the way it is designed.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
pierce helps.

You want balance shields to exist? That would be a major nerf to balance in pvp and it totally wouldn't be worth having a convert for. Besides, balance already has Nested Fury, they have no need for prisms anymore.