Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance wizards need converts

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 01, 2012
I am a level 85 balance wizard and its really hard to battle balance bosses I think balance needs a convert that will change the spell to any of the 7 classes but if any one has any tips for me that would be great
Zacharygoldenflame

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Zachary goldenflam... on May 5, 2016 wrote:
I am a level 85 balance wizard and its really hard to battle balance bosses I think balance needs a convert that will change the spell to any of the 7 classes but if any one has any tips for me that would be great
Zacharygoldenflame
Balance doesn't need a prism, they have Nested Fury, which is enough imo. If you are having trouble with balance bosses, kill the minions with Ra first and then blade and feint for a Chimera and don't forget to heal regularly.

Lvl 110
Lvl 91
Lvl 27

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
One of Balance's strengths is that there is no direct defense against Balance. By that I mean every other school has 70, 75, 80, & 85% shields to deal with. Balance only has to contend with Tower Shields. There's only a few bosses we have to deal with having 80% resist. Use Chimera. Once you get Shadow spells learn Shrike and problem solved. There's really no need for a Balance Prism. Creating a Balance Prism would mean making Balance Shields as well and that would hurt Balance more any help gained by a prism. Balance is unlike the other schools and that's part of it's strength. You just have to play a little differently than them.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Adam Wintersinger on May 5, 2016 wrote:
Balance doesn't need a prism, they have Nested Fury, which is enough imo. If you are having trouble with balance bosses, kill the minions with Ra first and then blade and feint for a Chimera and don't forget to heal regularly.

Lvl 110
Lvl 91
Lvl 27
It's going to be a while before they get Nested Fury, so basically, it's a moot point.
------------------------------------

I agree that Balance needs a bit of an overhaul. Balance fighting Balance is not easy, particularly if you are a solo player. It would be nice if there was an Elemental Prism/Convert and a Spirit Prism/Convert that Balance could use.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
seethe42 on May 5, 2016 wrote:
One of Balance's strengths is that there is no direct defense against Balance. By that I mean every other school has 70, 75, 80, & 85% shields to deal with. Balance only has to contend with Tower Shields. There's only a few bosses we have to deal with having 80% resist. Use Chimera. Once you get Shadow spells learn Shrike and problem solved. There's really no need for a Balance Prism. Creating a Balance Prism would mean making Balance Shields as well and that would hurt Balance more any help gained by a prism. Balance is unlike the other schools and that's part of it's strength. You just have to play a little differently than them.
I agree but disagree.

Depending on what spells Balance is using, a Tower shield is not the only thing Balance has to contend with. Elemental shields and Spirit shields as well.

If you are fighting a Balance boss and or mobs, it's not wise to use your 'pure' Balance spells (Ra, Nova, Sandstorm). You need to use 'off-school' spells. Thus, you have to contend with not only having to buff extra for these 'off-school' spells, none of those spells are AOE, which means a potentially long and tedious battle. Plus, the Balance boss/mob can cast plenty of shields.

I don't know. Balance is broken in so many ways in the upper levels, and it needs some overhauling to get it back into 'balance'.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
BrynnerOfReign on May 6, 2016 wrote:
I agree but disagree.

Depending on what spells Balance is using, a Tower shield is not the only thing Balance has to contend with. Elemental shields and Spirit shields as well.

If you are fighting a Balance boss and or mobs, it's not wise to use your 'pure' Balance spells (Ra, Nova, Sandstorm). You need to use 'off-school' spells. Thus, you have to contend with not only having to buff extra for these 'off-school' spells, none of those spells are AOE, which means a potentially long and tedious battle. Plus, the Balance boss/mob can cast plenty of shields.

I don't know. Balance is broken in so many ways in the upper levels, and it needs some overhauling to get it back into 'balance'.
My Balance wizard rarely uses off school attacks especially at high levels. Ra works just fine killing off Balance mobs without having to care how many Elem/Spirit Shields they cast. Elemental and Spirit shields are still only 50%, same as Tower not the 80% of school specific shields.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Yep. Let's negate yet another school's uniqueness.

Pretty soon all seven schools will have the same play style - and all the fun of solving the puzzle will be gone because there will be no puzzle.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
PaigeGoldenspear on May 6, 2016 wrote:

Pretty soon all seven schools will have the same play style - and all the fun of solving the puzzle will be gone because there will be no puzzle.
It's not negating uniqueness. It's trying to help Balance be more balanced. Balance is fine in the lower levels but gets passed over for anything decent as a Balance levels up, compared to other schools. Additional buffs throughout the game have hindered Balance, not helped them. Power Play needs to be changed. The individual bubbles need to be changed (having 2, stinks). Double gear. No off-school AOE. It's a mess.

Explorer
Feb 10, 2012
I'm a level 86 Balance wizard, and I'm not having any problems. Balance does not need a convert, you just need to learn how to play it properly.

~ Kiley Silverwhisper

Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
There could be a Spiritual convert that converts attacks to either , , or and an Elemental Convert that converts attacks either to , , or .

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It's not negating uniqueness. It's trying to help Balance be more balanced. Balance is fine in the lower levels but gets passed over for anything decent as a Balance levels up, compared to other schools. Additional buffs throughout the game have hindered Balance, not helped them. Power Play needs to be changed. The individual bubbles need to be changed (having 2, stinks). Double gear. No off-school AOE. It's a mess.
Life has 2 bubbles also and no school has or needs an off-school AOE, though you could train one if you liked.

My max level Balance has no problems with using school spells. At lower levels I used some Death spells with a mastery amulet, but it's not needed at high levels. I used them because I trained Death to feint anyways, but they become totally unnecessary after around Zafaria.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
As Balance levels up, they don't get weaker, they get more powerful. With the ability to craft Loremaster, getting Mana Burn and Supernova and having access to Gaze Of Fate, they easily get some of the best spells in the game. Power play does not need to be changed either, Balance already has Gaze Of Fate which puts up a bubble. No off school aoe? They have nested fury. Although gaze and nested are really far into the game, I rarely ever see myths asking for a new aoe nowadays and they have to stick with humongo and earthquake from lvl 26-100. Each school has advantages and disadvantages like balance not having a prism, fire not having a good aoe that isn't DOT, myth not having a good aoe until exalt, ice not having that great of damage, storm having low health, life not having an aoe until lvl 58 and death doesn't really have a disadvantage in PVE.

Lvl 110
Lvl 95
Lvl 27

Survivor
Jan 13, 2015
Zachary goldenflam... on May 5, 2016 wrote:
Zacharygoldenflame
Yeah, they've needed converts for a very long time. There's always been arguements against both balance shields and balance converts - none of which are valid.

Balance school attacks are balance specific. Granted, balance can use all the other schools too - but not with power pips unless using a mastery amulet, so that's no different than any other school.
Granted balance gets a couple of attacks that do random elemental or spirit attack, but only a couple.

Leaving all of those minor things aside, balance bosses hit with balance school specific attacks - so there needs to be (just like all the other schools) shields that protect against only balance attacks.

And balance bosses are highly resistant to balance specific attacks. Which means there needs to be a convert.

And either that convert could, as suggested, just change the spell to a random other school

or

we could now get a new school. One that should have been in the game from the start.

All the schools have opposits - life, death. Fire, ice. Storm, myth (that doesn't make a lot of sense).

Balance, chaos.

Balance is supposed to take the best from all the existing schools.

Chaos could too - but require that all their spells be part shadow in some way.

Anyway, regardless of how it's done, balance needs to stop being the one school that doesn't have a shield against their school specific spells, and the one school that has to rely on stuff from other schools in order to get around the fact they can't convert their attacks.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2011
I may not be balance but balance does need converts. It would be cool to make a balance spell ice...or fire...or storm...or- well what would it be, death? Also the astral spells need converts as well. ...And shadow

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
I wouldn't mind a convert to astral as astral schools have no specific buffs/rebuffs like balance itself. However I am opposed to a convert to elemental/spiritual damage until there are balance specific shields added to the game.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Breyer222 on May 8, 2016 wrote:
I may not be balance but balance does need converts. It would be cool to make a balance spell ice...or fire...or storm...or- well what would it be, death? Also the astral spells need converts as well. ...And shadow
They do have a spell that's ice or fire or storm. It's called nested fury

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
PaigeGoldenspear on May 6, 2016 wrote:

^ This ^

Sums it all up. Bartleby forbid there be any diversity in the game. That just wouldn't be "fair"!

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Adam Wintersinger on May 9, 2016 wrote:
They do have a spell that's ice or fire or storm. It's called nested fury
Until a Balance wizard hits L108 and does the Arcanum quest, it's a moot point.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Eric Stormbringer on May 9, 2016 wrote:
I wouldn't mind a convert to astral as astral schools have no specific buffs/rebuffs like balance itself. However I am opposed to a convert to elemental/spiritual damage until there are balance specific shields added to the game.
The elemental and spirit shields would still be effective against converts to elemental/spirit. It's not easy to play Hydra, or Chimera against Balance bosses, because the bosses can still spam tri-shields.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Eric Stormbringer on May 9, 2016 wrote:
This is why there shouldn't be Balance converts. It would almost require Balance shields be added. That takes away from Balance school's unique abilities. A main strength of Balance is that it is harder to defend against. It is why we also don't have School blades. Add converts and you need to add blades and shields and before you know it Balance is the same as every school except no advantages left.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2012
Thanks a lot for all the feed back I am now a lvl 89 but I am having trubbles getting thespells in Aztecs and I'm also having problems getting sabertooth lel I just think I have problems with solo boss fights
Zachary goldenflame

Survivor
Jan 01, 2012
Thanks for all of the replys I am now lvl 89 and I think it takes to long to get chimera and hydra ready. I just thick I need better gear. It seams that I only have problems with solo bosses

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
BrynnerOfReign on May 9, 2016 wrote:
The elemental and spirit shields would still be effective against converts to elemental/spirit. It's not easy to play Hydra, or Chimera against Balance bosses, because the bosses can still spam tri-shields.
Traditional converts have 2 ways to be defied. You can defy them prior to the convert being cast by casting the converted school shield or after the convert by casting a school specific shield. Without a balance specific shield there is no way to defy the convert from the front end. Hence why I am opposed to adding a convert to elements/spirits. As I said before a convert to astral is still fine as there are no astral school specific buffs or debuffs just as there is no balance school specific buffs or debuffs.

Example to defy a storm convert I can
-Cast a myth shield before the storm wizard converts
-Cast a storm shield after the storm wizard converts

However to defy a proposed balance to elemental/spiritual convert I can only
-Cast an elemental/spirit shield before the balance wizard converts
-CANNOT Cast a balance shield after the balance wizard converts as a balance shield does not exist.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
seethe42 on May 9, 2016 wrote:
This is why there shouldn't be Balance converts. It would almost require Balance shields be added. That takes away from Balance school's unique abilities. A main strength of Balance is that it is harder to defend against. It is why we also don't have School blades. Add converts and you need to add blades and shields and before you know it Balance is the same as every school except no advantages left.
An astral convert would not require a balance shield as astral magic much like balance magic has no specific buffs and debuffs. Hence why I would support an astral convert. However an elemental/spiritual convert would necessitate a balance shield which is why I am opposed to those types of converts.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2015
I am a level 74 in avalon. usually all of us say we have spells like chimera and stuff but the enemies have spirit and elemental shields too. i dont have much pierce or anything but balance does not need converts you can take help or get some pierce gear when fighting a balance boss to get trough their shields so i dont really want any prisms cause we have pierce and that helps a lot.

DustinMyth Pants lvl74