Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

balance

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 26, 2011
The spells available for the balance wizard don't seem to be as powerful as the other schools and I have been looking for more but this seems to be it. How do i get more powerful spells?

During battles, especially when outnumbered, there isn't even a chance to wait for enough pips to use another schools spells.

No wands with sockets, no chance to improve, less chance to win, loads of fizzle. Don't they like us?

Defender
Dec 25, 2010
Sweety, Balance is one of the least fizzling school spells and our power is very strong. It' just the matter of using your spells in a rational/logical way. For instance, if you have these 2 spells, use your Balance Blade then use your Balance Blade Storm. If you have this in your doc, use your hex and when possible at your Wizard's level, use the Vengeance star astral spell for a higher chance of critical hit damage. Always make sure you have shields too and high health. Make sure you have healing spells, too. We Balance Wizards are very strong and tough. We have shields that come in 3--Elemental Shield () and Spirit Shield (). We also have spells that hit targets with all at once, too. So far, from what I have noticed, our Ra and Judgment spells are the strongest, though Judgment is based on your Pips/Power Pips. We are not weak, just takes strategy, logic, and rational/common sense for our work. Practice and you'll get there.

Thanks~

(I Love Balance Myth Death)

~Kayla Griffin Lvl 62, Kayla Drake Lvl 2, Isabella Fairytail Lvl 29, Esmee Deathblood Lvl 35, Kayla Griffin Lvl 8 (<--- new wizard I made lol)

Survivor
May 26, 2011
Thanks Diamond Angel

My main problem seems to be when I play. I have friends but they are seldom on at the same time I am. I cannot complete my quests because it is me against four. A lot of the time more powerful, or just as powerful as I am. I do like being balance but when I play the more powerful just when it looks like I might win I have had four fizzles in a row or totally useless cards. I am not a credit to my school, very disappointing. I also have lots of fish but cannot aford the aquariums or find what I need to craft them.

Still enjoy the game and will keep on trying, at least I am persistant.

Thank you for answering

Defender
Dec 25, 2010
Sounds like you need accuracy help. Clothing, Jewelry, gems/jewels, and sometimes wands and pets give out accuracy, resistance, damage, and power pip chances. For cheaper and easier accuracy help, I'd say use some of your jewels/gems and put them in your spell deck, daggers, pendants, and such. It will help a lot.

Hope I helped!

~Kayla Griffin Lvl 65

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Balance is a difficult school to play, especially if you're solo and in the upper levels. Balance is a great support school to team with. Going solo, stinks.

Even though Balance has an accuracy of 85, it's still one of the most fizzling schools out there, and it's not easy getting additional accuracy on your gear.

Balance gets the short end of the stick when it comes to spells and blades. You can't wand off weakness. Balance has the weakest blades in the game (not including the tri-blades). It's very difficult to fight Balance mobs and bosses because of a lack of off-school AOEs. It can be a slogfest with boss fights.

Crafted gear for Balance is a great option. Waterworks gear is the best and you can build and combine other gear with WW gear to come up with something you can work with. If you don't have a decent pet, you might try to find someone willing to help you get some good talents on your pet (resist, damage, accuracy) that will help you tremendously in the game.

Do you have another wizard you play? If not, you might want to try another school to see if that school works out better for you. Balance is not for everyone. I thought it was for me. I did really well until I got to Khrysalis, and there she sits until I can find someone to quest with her, because it's so frustrating playing solo.

Balance was my very first wizard. I do have 11 other wizards I play as well (no extra Balance wizards). I do enjoy every school, but I find Balance frustrating at this point.

Give another school wizard (or two) a try. You can always come back to your Balance, or take a break and play someone else.

Good luck to you, young wizard! :)

110 -
92 -
86 -
56 & below -

Defender
Dec 25, 2010
It's best to carry accuracy spells. However, I don't carry my balance accuracy spell because I carry the star accuracy spell that adds 15% to any spell of yours. Also we may not have a lot of clothes with accuracy, however there are thousands of jewels for and that give accuracy for us. I have many socket-ed into pendants, wands, decks, and daggers. I hardly fizzle and I am a Balance wizard level 67 now. Honestly, most of my fighting I do solo, the first time I almost always lose, but that's when I find out what they are capable of. Therefore, I know which spells to have in my deck when I return to fight. Also, I always carry a minion card with me. Sometimes, when with strong bosses, i need help. If non of my friends are able to help out, I use a minion. So far, the best minion for my level and quests is the Lord Nightshade Minion. Rank: 7 and Health: 1,400. But I do do a lot of my quests alone, until I need help. But, many times my friends/allies can't help so I just use Lord Nightshade Minion. So, it actually depends on your spell deck, what you wear (or what you put in your clothing lol), friends/allies, and your smarts.

I, also find it easier when I start of the battle and not the enemy. Lol! Many times upon a battle, if I am not the on who's starting the fight, I occasionally flee and return to see if I start the battle then. At those times, I keep fleeing and returning until I start. Lol! I also, always mark my spot before I even enter the fight so I won't have to talk/fly all the way back. Also, I only do this when entering a boss's chamber. I never do it when I'm just attacking in the open field spaces. I also save my minion spell(s) until I meet a boss I have trouble with and no one is around to help. Just use your smarts. It;s how I've been passing the game. However, I also found friends who are helpful. Just help them in return, too. Lol

~Kayla Griffin Lvl 67

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Rainey015 on Mar 26, 2016 wrote:
The spells available for the balance wizard don't seem to be as powerful as the other schools and I have been looking for more but this seems to be it. How do i get more powerful spells?

During battles, especially when outnumbered, there isn't even a chance to wait for enough pips to use another schools spells.

No wands with sockets, no chance to improve, less chance to win, loads of fizzle. Don't they like us?
i totally get where you're coming from. just like brynnerofreign, balance was my first wizard, and i struggled for a long time, until i finally accepted that it takes a specific personality to play balance well and i don't have it.

that said, i've gotten used to the school's limitations over time and learned to work with what i have available. i have 11 other wizards, all of whom were much easier to play in comparison to balance.

a couple of questions: what level are you, and what kind of gear/pet do you have equipped? once you can answer those, i'll be happy to assist you in any way i can.

-von
prodigious

Defender
Dec 25, 2010
Dr Von on Apr 1, 2016 wrote:
i totally get where you're coming from. just like brynnerofreign, balance was my first wizard, and i struggled for a long time, until i finally accepted that it takes a specific personality to play balance well and i don't have it.

that said, i've gotten used to the school's limitations over time and learned to work with what i have available. i have 11 other wizards, all of whom were much easier to play in comparison to balance.

a couple of questions: what level are you, and what kind of gear/pet do you have equipped? once you can answer those, i'll be happy to assist you in any way i can.

-von
prodigious
I honestly do not see how it's hard...I am very great at it! Might it be because I am a Libra and Libra means Balance? Also, the Libra Zodiac symbol is the "Balance Scales" or what, but balance is easier to me than my other wizards in Death, Life, and Myth. I even deleted my Ice and Fire wizard because they where even harder. But, like you said, may just take a person who has a specific type of personality to use it. Huh... Well, good luck everyone, then.

~Kayla Griffin Lvl 69, Kayla Griffin Lvl 8, Kayla Drake Lvl 2, Isabella Fairytail Lvl 29, Esmee Deathblood Lvl 35

Survivor
May 26, 2011
Hi
I am a level 54 and my pet is a hydra

I need to finish my quests so I can advance. Almost completed Malistaire - The final Countdown ,it went on for so long the site went down for upgrading before I could finish. I just keep dying and going back, dying and going back.
I am fishing at the moment because starting the quest yet again is too depressing.

The thing is I was doing really well with balance then all of a sudden everything was not enough power and lots of fizzle.

I cannot get stronger without completing the quests and I cannot complete the quests without getting stronger and all the quests I have left are the ones I cannot do alone.

Still like being Balance though and I'm not giving up yet.

thanks for the advice.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Rainey015 on Apr 4, 2016 wrote:
Hi
I am a level 54 and my pet is a hydra

I need to finish my quests so I can advance. Almost completed Malistaire - The final Countdown ,it went on for so long the site went down for upgrading before I could finish. I just keep dying and going back, dying and going back.
I am fishing at the moment because starting the quest yet again is too depressing.

The thing is I was doing really well with balance then all of a sudden everything was not enough power and lots of fizzle.

I cannot get stronger without completing the quests and I cannot complete the quests without getting stronger and all the quests I have left are the ones I cannot do alone.

Still like being Balance though and I'm not giving up yet.

thanks for the advice.
well, at level 56, you'll be able to upgrade your gear at least.

what talents does your pet hydra have?

it also happens that malistaire misses me and i was thinking of paying him a visit. depending on what time zone you're in, i may be able to help.

in the meantime, good luck!

-von

Defender
Dec 25, 2010
Believe it or not, I finished Mallistaire off all by myself. Well, i did summon minions. LOL! But other than that I was solo and Mallistaire was not as hard to beat as I thought. But good luck!

~Kayla Griffin Lvl 70, Kayla Griffin Lvl 8, Kayla Drake, Lvl 2, Isabella Fairytail Lvl 29, Esmee Deathblood Lvl 35

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
Rainey015 on Mar 26, 2016 wrote:

Hey there!

I am curious on where exactly you are in the game currently, and hope you've made some progress since your posting.

I've been playing balance since before Celestia went live, and the beauty of this school is being given a little bit of everything - Your are a balance of all the schools, more or less. You can universal buff, universal debuff, heal, 4-pip AoE, and shield against multiple schools. You are a great support class who can dish it and take it.

Though to balance all of this out (no pun intended), we pay a price in accuracy. Which can be very frustrating being even your healing spells can fizzle.

You have to take the good with the bad with this class. Outside of DoTs (Damage over time), there isn't much you can't do.

I have two balance characters. One I play with my wife (level 60), and the other is my main (level 89).

Explorer
Feb 10, 2012
Hey man, I feel your pain. Balance can be a very challenging school! However, once you learn how to work with what you're given, it's actually, in my opinion, the best school! I've actually been able to solo the vast majority of the game! I changed my play-style (is that a word?) about halfway through Dragonspyre, because I was completely stuck for about a month. After that, I've had no problems!

Here are my tips:
  • Use Judgement as much as possible once you get it
  • Shields are your best friend

Defender
Dec 25, 2010
Soul330 on Apr 6, 2016 wrote:
Hey man, I feel your pain. Balance can be a very challenging school! However, once you learn how to work with what you're given, it's actually, in my opinion, the best school! I've actually been able to solo the vast majority of the game! I changed my play-style (is that a word?) about halfway through Dragonspyre, because I was completely stuck for about a month. After that, I've had no problems!

Here are my tips:
  • Use Judgement as much as possible once you get it
  • Shields are your best friend
Judgement is the best for us! Good idea, Soul330! I realized that if you are facing a Balance opponent, using elemental (where it casts or, Hydra, and/or Chimera (When you get it), it is very helpful! Lately, from what I've battled at Lvl 70 so far, the Balance has a boost to our spirit spells (Like chimera) and they have a boost to Ice, however Fire and Storm seem to have a regular effect on them now. But they still attack them much. Just a warning or you for when you're at a higher level!

Thanks for your time! Again, great idea Soul330!

~Kayla Griffin Lvl 70, Kayla Griffin Lvl 8, Kayla Drake Lvl 2, Isabella Fairytail Lvl 29, Esme Deathblood Lvl 35

Explorer
Feb 10, 2012
DiamondAngel1234 on Apr 7, 2016 wrote:
Judgement is the best for us! Good idea, Soul330! I realized that if you are facing a Balance opponent, using elemental (where it casts or, Hydra, and/or Chimera (When you get it), it is very helpful! Lately, from what I've battled at Lvl 70 so far, the Balance has a boost to our spirit spells (Like chimera) and they have a boost to Ice, however Fire and Storm seem to have a regular effect on them now. But they still attack them much. Just a warning or you for when you're at a higher level!

Thanks for your time! Again, great idea Soul330!

~Kayla Griffin Lvl 70, Kayla Griffin Lvl 8, Kayla Drake Lvl 2, Isabella Fairytail Lvl 29, Esme Deathblood Lvl 35
Thanks :P I'm actually at level 82 haha, and I'm still having no problem! Balance is great once you know how to work with it :D

Defender
Dec 25, 2010
Soul330 on Apr 7, 2016 wrote:
Thanks :P I'm actually at level 82 haha, and I'm still having no problem! Balance is great once you know how to work with it :D
Anytime!

((Schools I have wizards in))

~Kayla Griffin Lvl 70

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
Your crazy! Balance is the most op school in Wizard101 once you hit lvl 75 in Avalon

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
Balance is indeed different...I am a level 81 balance and love it....we are unique in that we might not have the killer shots that the other schools have....but we come close!...Shields,traps,blades are our friends, and we can use them on any school!.....I also chose "the star school", and I must say, "Empowerment" is awesome! Actually everyone can have this card if they choose the star school....

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Balance is a great school,. Not the easiest to play well, but once you get it, you can do most anything.

Defender
May 23, 2009
Honestly, my balance is my only wizard that I've really used a "secondary" school with. Myth as secondary school makes soloing as balance pretty easy. My balance can remove shields easily + frog can actually do alot of damage.

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
im just absolutely destroying every single boss in Avalon. Im a balance wizard if you have the right gear you can REKT. I have a extremely high critical chance and damage because of my gear and pet. I just absolutely annihilate. When I start the battle, I start off with loremaster on the boss and i can take in 2k or more with black mantle and weakness and also have 30% blades and 25% auras. And when bosses use an aura, I can deal 2.4k but with the aura i put on deals 3000! For 2 pips!