Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

drop rate luck. it have feelings?or chooses who?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 20, 2012
I know that drop rates are said to be random, but in a way, my thoughts are different.

has there ever been a ( or MANY ) time(s) where you wanted to "farm" something for a specific item? has it taken you many tries farming it and then get the drop that you were wanting? or have you farmed something to the point where it feels like its been forever farming it, and STILL haven't got that item you are wanting? if so, we're in the same boat bro/sis lol.

have you, or a friend, seem to have amazing drop rate luck? get those rare items that seem to take a while to get for some people? have you ever got those kind of items on your 1st try? 3rd try? or even up to a 5th try? has it happened once? or has it happened nearly ALL the time?

do you seem to have some "steady" drop rate luck? does it seem to not matter to you, because you get items from drops that are a decent rate at times, and doesn't take too long to get, but get it within some effort of time which is between many tries to a few tries?

in most of my thoughts, I tend to feel like drop rates is a choosy thing. even though drop rates are not actually a "thing" or that it's "alive", it feels to me like drop rates actually has feelings towards some people, and chooses to or not to give them that item they want.

in another perspective, it seems to make it occur in such a coincidental way. for example, have you or a friend ever tried farming for something you or they want, and it takes so many times of trying to get it but still doesn't drop? then, all of a sudden, your friend, or your friend's friend ports to you or them while you both were in battle and just about to cast the finishing hit at the moment they join battle, and shockingly, they get the item you and/of your friend wants? it just so happens to appeal that the drop rate just trolled you or your friend, in the way of one joining the moment, not actually trying to get the item you want or not actually knowing what item your trying to get.
plus, has that happened to you upon the moment of joining, not actually trying for the item they or your friend wants and then unexpectedly get what their wanting? coincidence is what's at thought, but is it? or does the drop rate actually have a sense of humor of either good or bad way? feels that way to me :P.

drop rate, though like I said, is not actually "something", it does FEEL LIKE it is "something" though XD.
who can tell what it is that makes us obtain rare, very rare, or even extremely rare drops more often or more less than other people can get?

some people just have a way with luck, some people don't ( like me lolz ), some have it in the way of every now and then, for some, its different in their own perspective.

let me tell you something right quick, idk why, but I seem to have a negative impact on some people with luck XD.
being that its bad luck for me and them too, for some people, I tend to give them very good luck by either talking, or even being next to them in-game.

any questions?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Matthew SilverWhis... on Feb 6, 2016 wrote:
I know that drop rates are said to be random, but in a way, my thoughts are different.

has there ever been a ( or MANY ) time(s) where you wanted to "farm" something for a specific item? has it taken you many tries farming it and then get the drop that you were wanting? or have you farmed something to the point where it feels like its been forever farming it, and STILL haven't got that item you are wanting? if so, we're in the same boat bro/sis lol.

have you, or a friend, seem to have amazing drop rate luck? get those rare items that seem to take a while to get for some people? have you ever got those kind of items on your 1st try? 3rd try? or even up to a 5th try? has it happened once? or has it happened nearly ALL the time?

do you seem to have some "steady" drop rate luck? does it seem to not matter to you, because you get items from drops that are a decent rate at times, and doesn't take too long to get, but get it within some effort of time which is between many tries to a few tries?

in most of my thoughts, I tend to feel like drop rates is a choosy thing. even though drop rates are not actually a "thing" or that it's "alive", it feels to me like drop rates actually has feelings towards some people, and chooses to or not to give them that item they want.

in another perspective, it seems to make it occur in such a coincidental way. for example, have you or a friend ever tried farming for something you or they want, and it takes so many times of trying to get it but still doesn't drop? then, all of a sudden, your friend, or your friend's friend ports to you or them while you both were in battle and just about to cast the finishing hit at the moment they join battle, and shockingly, they get the item you and/of your friend wants? it just so happens to appeal that the drop rate just trolled you or your friend, in the way of one joining the moment, not actually trying to get the item you want or not actually knowing what item your trying to get.
plus, has that happened to you upon the moment of joining, not actually trying for the item they or your friend wants and then unexpectedly get what their wanting? coincidence is what's at thought, but is it? or does the drop rate actually have a sense of humor of either good or bad way? feels that way to me :P.

drop rate, though like I said, is not actually "something", it does FEEL LIKE it is "something" though XD.
who can tell what it is that makes us obtain rare, very rare, or even extremely rare drops more often or more less than other people can get?

some people just have a way with luck, some people don't ( like me lolz ), some have it in the way of every now and then, for some, its different in their own perspective.

let me tell you something right quick, idk why, but I seem to have a negative impact on some people with luck XD.
being that its bad luck for me and them too, for some people, I tend to give them very good luck by either talking, or even being next to them in-game.

any questions?
lol, i have one friend who i'm afraid to go farming with... she has such good luck with drops that she'd probably get everything i wanted, plus some extra (here's looking at you, @brynnerofreign).

as for me, it took me 26 levels to get my level 50 robe, 15 to get my waterworks gear, and 9 months to get one full set of darkmoor gear; at that point, it's principle... and, when combined with my sheer stubbornness, hilarity ensues!

(i'm that person who finishes a darkmoor run 10 hours later with half a team after dying and fleeing repeatedly, so as not to let down the only teammate i have left, even though any chance at drops is long gone. this doc is no quitter.)

-von "if i didn't have bad luck, i'd have none at all" shadowsong
(my sub runs out in july; you're all stuck with me until then... mwahaha!)

Explorer
Sep 06, 2010
I have purely random luck.
It took me 4 tries to get a full set of waterworks gear for my myth, but i have been farming lore since december and haven't gotten a single spell yet.