Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Some Thoughts: More Class Themed Story/Items

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 04, 2010
Now I'm near certain that quite a few of the ideas I'm about to list have been thought about or posted about before or at least something similar. But it's not like I can scour the message boards just to see if it sounds like I'm copying anyone so here are some thoughts. I absolutely love the philosophy and concept relating to the schools of magic and especially their virtues. (Ex; Ice-Patience, Fire-Passion) I just feel there is so much more space for creative storyline or something like that in there. Or at least a bigger mention perhaps for example when your character interacts with an npc. I'd also think the concepts give wonderful opportunities for class related gear. When I first read the Abracadoodle Comics I was so disappointed that as a balance character you couldn't actually wear a blindfold head piece. Ice wizards couldn't get scarves. The myth wizards couldn't get one eye. (Well I don't know about that one, a bit far fetched) Maybe higher level wizards have excelled enough that they learned to use magic without wands. (Like some really advanced wizards in Harry Potter.) A fire wizard could have just a small flame in their hands. A storm wizard could have lightning at their finger tips. Again, maybe you've heard this before or maybe you have way too much to listen to to listen to me but thank you. The class concepts are beautiful, use them to your advantage.
Bonus: Random Ideas/Examples
Ice armor made of frosty ice shards? Well there's already the crystal gear now... hmm...
Life hair piece with flowers?
Head gear armor that makes fire characters eyes glow with flames? Ooh intense!
Same as above but with lightning for storms?
Maybe some advanced gears could have like auras of sorts so when you walk around its like flowers growing by your feet or a little rainstorm or grass withering (Death)
Flaming hair. Why not?
A balance wand that's pretty much what the judgement spell lady carries
Maybe some wands that have basic wand spells but the animation for the wand spell reflects the wand Ex: the sword of a seraph with an animation where you sprout wings of light and do the seraph spell animation
Also some class oriented housing items would be great. The ice house is hard to decorate the inside of unless you make it Christmas themed. Like the five b.o.x.e.s event falmea's dorm had some ice furniture and then ice.
I had more ideas but I forgot. Maybe they'll come to me later and I'll reply with them.

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
"Life headpiece with flowers"
YES but the male version could have leaves instead
"Maybe some advanced gears could have like auras of sorts so when you walk around its like flowers growing by your feet"
I need this! I can imagine myself growing some flowers and small plants as I walk around. I would guess that a gem could give that animation and I hope it works even if you have a mount on.
"Also some class oriented housing items would be great"
This is another big YES. A combination of life oriented housing Items in my life house would be great.

Plus the ideas for the other schools would put more variety in the game! I NEED THIS IN MY PLAYER.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2014
I wanna take this idea a step father

like maybe the gear we have like instead of it just being the class symbols how about something like that real elements.

examples:
your body could be cover in ice in a hot cool style as if you body were rap with ice and each piece could have a ice affect so Boots would make ice form at feet the body gear would make it snow around you and the hat could make you have blue glowing eye's. this would look like amour when worn but made of ice

your body would have flames around it kinda like the fire teacher has her dress but for boy and girls and it look like the flames were protecting you and the hat when worn would make your hair a roaring blaze of fire boots when worn would turn the ground black as if you burned it and gear when worn would make fire burn around you when you standing still or in battle

this would be lighting bolts going around you body as if you were wearing chains and a belt and a roman and Greek style Togo hat when put on would make it rain on you gear would make lighting shoot around you and boots would make the cloud and a river of water under you.

you get were i going each class gear would be like showing off your power of your school and love for it when worn and why not make it like a boss drop or even better a new tower called the school tower were we enter the tower and we have to face a boss from each of are school so it could be like 7 towers side quest and each school boss drops the school gear it be fun and a cool new style.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2010
Now that I think about it. Let's face it, if you lived in a world of magic, why wouldn't you use magic to give yourself flaming hair or something?

Survivor
Apr 18, 2014
I like these ideas a lot.