Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why do you have multiple wizards?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 31, 2014
Hi,

Is there any special reason to re do the game? It's same quests, the only different thing is the spells you get, can you tell me what you love about having multiple wizards?

thx

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
enkia on Sep 21, 2015 wrote:
Hi,

Is there any special reason to re do the game? It's same quests, the only different thing is the spells you get, can you tell me what you love about having multiple wizards?

thx
Each school requires its own unique strategy. If there was only one school then it really wouldn't be a game that most people would re-play but with seven different schools it offers the opportunity for multiple re-plays and a new experience each time. Granted, some of the schools are more different than others but the differences are there. And technically, it's not the "same" quests... about 98% of it, the main story-line, is the same but the spell quests are totally different and each of those offers its own unique challenge. Also there's the opportunity to work with completely new pets. And once you start getting some of the school-specific pets then you have the chance to hatch for hybrids.
On a related note... all of the above are the reasons I tend to argue against many of the suggested changes to the game like "Ice needs a heal" and "Life need another AoE". Changes like these would go a long way toward making all of the schools the same and in doing so would reduce the reasons for people to create multiple wizards. Why bother playing the game again when the only difference is that your clothes are a different color?

Explorer
Jul 04, 2015
The different school play differently.
It's a good way to experience different play styles, feels kinda like a different game.
There's also the fact that you can have access to other school only pets you can hatch for unique cosmetics.

I'm sure other players have their own reasons, those are my main ones.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Hi,

thx
i did it because i wanted to try all of the schools/different play styles~ i like the fact that only one has to craft/garden/train pets (since i hate all of them and doing those on multiple wizards would be painful), though i dislike having to run 3 exalted wizards through castle dreadmore for gear.

-von "1 down, 2 to go" shadowsong
fish paste forever, exalted

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Hi,

thx
To enjoy every school's differences. Also the school exclusive quests and school exclusive pets

Explorer
May 25, 2013
Hi
I find it fun to redo wizards because although they are the same quests, it feels like a completely new experience every time I use a different school. Like you said, there are only different spells, but with different spells and each schools health/gear, it applies a completely new strategy. With a new strategy there is a "this feels new" thing to it.
I don't really think it's fun to redo the same school, but thats just my opinion.

Defender
Mar 31, 2014