Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life Deck Set-Up (Level 55)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 09, 2009
Hi everyone! So I have a question regarding my life deck set-up. I've recently caught up on All of my quest spells (dryad, rebirth, guiding light) after I got a subscription for two months. I have leveled up 3 times in the past two days (crazy). And now my deck has gotten a bit confusing to organize. I'll list all of my spells and if you can suggest a good set-up, that would be great! Thanks!

Deck: Everlasting Deck-MAX SPELLS 60; MAX COPIES 5; MAX COPIES 7; SIDEBOARD 25; LEVEL 50+

Volcanic Shield
Tower Shield
Frost Beetle
Snow Serpent
Balefrost
Evil Snowman
Ice Wyvern
Blizzard
Winter Moon
Colossus

Vaporize

Dryad
LifeBlade
Life Trap
Life Prism
Minor Blessing
Legend Shield
Life Shield
Triage
Guiding Light
Guidance
Sprite
Imp
Drain Health
Fairy
Leprachaun
Entangle
Calm
Unicorn
Spirit Armor
Nature's Wrath
Sanctuary
Satyr
Seraph
Sprite Guardian
Regenerate
Centaur
Rebirth

Infection
Lord of Night

Spirit Blade
Spirit Trap
Reshuffle

Cloak
Strong

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
AllanLifeness on Aug 20, 2015 wrote:
Hi everyone! So I have a question regarding my life deck set-up. I've recently caught up on All of my quest spells (dryad, rebirth, guiding light) after I got a subscription for two months. I have leveled up 3 times in the past two days (crazy). And now my deck has gotten a bit confusing to organize. I'll list all of my spells and if you can suggest a good set-up, that would be great! Thanks!

Deck: Everlasting Deck-MAX SPELLS 60; MAX COPIES 5; MAX COPIES 7; SIDEBOARD 25; LEVEL 50+

Volcanic Shield
Tower Shield
Frost Beetle
Snow Serpent
Balefrost
Evil Snowman
Ice Wyvern
Blizzard
Winter Moon
Colossus

Vaporize

Dryad
LifeBlade
Life Trap
Life Prism
Minor Blessing
Legend Shield
Life Shield
Triage
Guiding Light
Guidance
Sprite
Imp
Drain Health
Fairy
Leprachaun
Entangle
Calm
Unicorn
Spirit Armor
Nature's Wrath
Sanctuary
Satyr
Seraph
Sprite Guardian
Regenerate
Centaur
Rebirth

Infection
Lord of Night

Spirit Blade
Spirit Trap
Reshuffle

Cloak
Strong
hi allan~ i should hope that you don't have that many cards in your deck. that's just unnecessary clutter that prevents you from finding the cards you need.

here is what my deck setup was at your level:

1 lifeblade
1 spirit blade
1 amplify
1 reshuffle

sideboard: forest lord or forest lord cub (6-pip version) tc.

for bosses: a few extra blades, life trap, spirit trap, 1 each of satyr and fairy, an extra reshuffle, maybe a few shields (depending on boss' school).

worth noting: none of my wizards carry heals for mob fights~ they are a waste of space.

-

re: secondary schools~ do not use them unless you have a mastery amulet; otherwise, it is a waste of pips.

you may want to visit diego in unicorn way and train stun block. that will also save you a ton of aggro and reduce your fight time by 25-50% versus ice/myth/storm.

hope this helps!

-von

exalted
arch
legend
magus

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
What I did was run a minimized deck and the reshuffle spell from Mildred Farseer in WC along with a balance mastery amulet. My other spells include forest lord TC for the AoE and centaur as the main single hit spell. Blades came from Dryad pet, school taught, and TC. I learned strong and giant by having somebody provide me taxi service to the celestia trainers. When I hit 56, I wore the wintertusk crafted gear which also yields another blade from the item card on the helm, and monstrous from the sun school. For the future, when I got to 86, I would then run:

Mob:
1xForest Lord, reshuffle, satyr, primordial, Colossal, sharpened blade
2xlifeblade, item card life blade
6xdeath school wand hits

Mob:
1xForest Lord, gnomes
2xColossal, sharpened blade, lifeblade, item card life blade, reshuffle, satyr, primordial
6xdeath school wand hits

My pet was a trip healing, dual (max) resist pet.

That setup had me thru the upper worlds without issue. Sure, I had a questing buddy, but any solo fights I had were NOT difficult at all, and that's the true key. if you can survive solo fights without an issue, the mob fights are a joke. As for Morganthe, I teamed up with friends and played the walking hospital and let the others hit for me while I kept everybody alive.

Hope all that helps :) FYI, Im currently in the process of changing all my pets over to the "beast" pets (forest beast, strange beast, etc etc) because they ONLY give a blade and nothing else, unlike the dryad pet.

Explorer
Feb 26, 2009
AllanLifeness on Aug 20, 2015 wrote:

Volcanic Shield
Tower Shield
Frost Beetle
Snow Serpent
Balefrost
Evil Snowman
Ice Wyvern
Blizzard
Winter Moon
Colossus

Vaporize

Dryad
LifeBlade
Life Trap
Life Prism
Minor Blessing
Legend Shield
Life Shield
Triage
Guiding Light
Guidance
Sprite
Imp
Drain Health
Fairy
Leprachaun
Entangle
Calm
Unicorn
Spirit Armor
Nature's Wrath
Sanctuary
Satyr
Seraph
Sprite Guardian
Regenerate
Centaur
Rebirth

Infection
Lord of Night

Spirit Blade
Spirit Trap
Reshuffle

Cloak
Strong
Alrighty Let Me Help You!

Tower Shield Ovi 3
Volcanic Shield 2
Dryad 2
Life Trap And Life Blade 2
Satyr 1
Unicorn 1
Minor Blessing 2
Spirit Armor 1
All kinds of shields i havent menioned 2
You said you have rebirth but i dont see it? so if you have it 2
Centaur 3
Both 1 Incase Of Stuggles
1 Of Both Spirits
The Max You Can Fit Strongs Or Upgrade Into A Giant if you can
and 1 cloak Now Lets Count All Those Cards!

=33 So you can add more centuars or inprove anything you like! or add because intill you get higher with like forest lord this might be your best deck

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
I assume you are setting this up for PvP? 1v1 or team?

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
I'll advise you on how I would set up my deck if given those spells.
Depending on if you solo, or often quest with teammates, the number of healing spells in your deck can vary.

Deck Set-up based on solo game questing:

1 Reshuffle (It's not often that you deck out in battle)
4 Tower Shields (Too lazy too add spell specific shields, you can if you want)
1 Dryad (It's not often when you need a dryad, usually Satyr covers your health, but just in case you need an urgent heal)
2 Regenerates
3 Guiding Lights
5 Satyrs
2 Sanctuary
2 Spirit Armour
2 Unicorns (In case friends join, if not they're good cards to discard for TC)
2 Rebirths (Also if friends join, you may take rebirths and unicorns out to save space, if you know you're soloing)
4 Spirit Blades
2 Spirit Traps
5 Life Blades
3 Life Traps
5 Strongs
7 Centaurs (I always packed my deck full of the strongest attack I had)
4 Seraphs
2 Nature's Wraths

For the remaining 4 spaces, you put life converts in if you're facing a life boss/enemy and take them out after to save space.

I hope you find the life deck set-up helpful, and you can always change things you don't like. After all, we each have different strategies and set-ups.

A few tips: You do have quite a lot of ice trained spells. I recommend sticking to attacks from life, because as you level up, they won't be as useful since you can't learn any more after level 42. You don't see much exalted wizards using other school attack spells. I recommend learning feint from the death school, it will REALLY help.

Fiona SummerBlossom
Exalted Theurgist

Survivor
Jun 30, 2013
Just a question, why did you train Ice to Colossus

Michael StormFist
Level 100 Exalted

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Setting up ... for what? No offense to anyone, but no advice is going to be worth much unless we know what you are doing. For questing you'll rarely need or want more than a 6-10 cards in your deck. For the arena you might fill it.

Your training point use looks good for PvP, other than Colossus. For PvE you have a lot of stuff you'll never need. There's a free re-spec up for members. It might be a good time to consider what you actually use.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2010
I personally like to pack 4 Spirit Guardians (the summon minion card) in my decks. She only knows up to Fairy and Leprechaun, but she can keep you healed up while you concentrate on attack. And when you're with a group, she can help keep your teammates healed up.