Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Showing levels in the Team Up window

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 08, 2014
The title is pretty self-explanatory. It would be nice if, when teaming up, you could view the level of the players who are about to team up with you. Currently it shows only the name and school of all players.

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
It would also be nice if you could see who was on the team up sigil at the location you want to team up without actually clicking team up and accidentally being sent in with a group you didn't want to go in with. This would be useful if you had a friend and you both wanted to team up. You could see how many spots are left in team up sigil so that both you and your friend could make it into the dungeon together in a full team.

Defender
Mar 31, 2014
Ye I too want this badly, if you're in a dungeon to farm you definitely prefer to team up when there are exalted for instance. While if it's quest, I definitely don't want exalted but prefer to take it slowly and enjoy it.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2014
Yes please! I really hate when a level fifteen storm wizard joins a dungeon like the dungeon with Loremaster in it. It brings the whole team down because once the storm wizard dies, he asks for healing, then we have to focus on healing him for a couple of rounds instead of defeating the annoying wisps Loremaster has.

I would love this!

- Kelly

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
there are a few instances in which this would work. mount olympus would be one, since a level 90 going to fight gladiator dimachaerus isn't going to have the same needs as a level 30 wizard completing the quest.

generally speaking, though, i wouldn't want my level on display to everyone. if i'm just helping out, as i often do, in lower-level instances, i don't want everyone on my team knowing that i'm an exalted wizard... that just invites spamming (begging for gifts, unwanted friend requests), rudeness ("you're just here to show off", despite not packing any hits), and annoying questions ("so, why are you here, von?").

i don't mind socializing with some groups, but there are only so many times i can explain how sick i am of darkmoor and why before my veins pop out of my forehead. i shouldn't have to justify it to anyone.

-von "just sick of darkmoor, that's all" shadowsong

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
Another good reason why showing levels in the team up window is useful is because when you're an exalted wizard and farming a place like lower zigzag for motes, you will want to see if the people on team up are your level and doing the same thing, or just a lower level questing. That saves you a lot of trouble of having to finish the whole dungeon with a lower level team which gets annoying when you are very unlucky and have to repeatedly farm the same dungeon.