Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Bazaar....For Pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
Tatiana Winterhear... on Aug 26, 2015 wrote:
Or maybe when you sell a pet via bazaar it would reset it back to an egg. eh who knows.
I think that'd be kinda inconvenient specially if you paid tons of gold just to buy it.

Survivor
Dec 02, 2012
jadaviafairy14 on Jul 20, 2015 wrote:
I saw this idea in a group on fb, and I just thought I had to post it. I'm mean, a bazaar for pets? That would be amazing! There are a lot of pets that I get that I'm just not interested in because they're not useful for me, but that would be okay because I can put them in the pet bazaar and they could end up going to someone else who can appreciate them .

Or if someone starts training a pet that ends up getting talents that are pointless for them, it's the same thing.

Not everyone wants to have plenty of pets running around their houses taking space up, and at least this way if they sell it in the bazaar they not only get gold for it, but it ends up not being just tossed into the no doubt boring void where pets go when they're normally sold. Am I the only one?

We should make this happen KI. It would be useful for so many players.

Delaney Stormglade,

Level 57
what i would think of a pet bazaar is a place to get pets with powers (but not like the crowns). some people who don't have enough crowns to buy really good pets the pet bazaar is just what we need!

good wishes,
Alyssa DeathEyes, Alyssa DragonBlood, and Saffron BattleWraith

Explorer
Jul 21, 2015
I LOVE This Idea

Like For A Enchanted Armet

Egg: 500G
Baby:1k
Teen:2k
Adult:5k
Ancient:7k
Epic:10k
Mega:15k
Ultra:20k

Hybrid: NO AUCTION!!!

Survivor
Aug 03, 2010
i love this idea. i have 20 babys.20 teens.7 adults.1 ancient.i think we could request level skills pedigre bloodline element breed color name owner all of it.

Victoria Fiarydreamer,
Fire
level 100

ps.(open to friend request)

Survivor
Aug 07, 2014
This is a great idea although I wish the had smaller pet homes where you could play as your pet

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
Don't do this job kingsisle, It is really risky to create a pet bazaar, especially due to the fact that kingsisle removed selling pets at the bazaar somewhere around 2009-2010.

Roses are red, Violets are red, oh my gosh my garden is on fire

Defender
Dec 31, 2014
I'm pretty sure they used to have a pet section in the Bazaar. They removed it for a reason. Anyways, if I don't need a pet, I would just put it in my house or my bank, if my house or bank is full, I would just sell it to a vendor.

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
I believe many people have forgotten, or simply were not in the game at the time, so I'll say this. The Bazaar was added in late 2009 and yes, it did sell pet. Keep in mind, these pets were usually rather basic. Firecat, Bloodbat, Unicorn, and other pets you could buy easily at vendors throughout the spiral. Given, there were some like the Lava Spider which would be a more rare one. But here is the catch:

There was no such thing as trained pets. The update in which they added pet training and hatching (in May of 2010), the "Pets" tab in the Bazaar was removed. With that in mind, to ever be able to buy or sell pets at the Bazaar now would need serious reforms to what someone could sell. The only thing I could see as possible would be first generation, baby, and non-school specific pets. That would greatly limit what people could sell anyways.

If you would like to know my reasoning, here it is.

First generation pets all have the same pedigree. If you were to randomly buy a pet, it would not be fair for the pedigree to be higher than the next buyer of the same pet. This pedigree would have to be leveled out, and due to the existence of hybrids in physical appearance (i.e. Frost Hound, Lifezilla, etc.) those would be completely unable to sell even if the pedigree was leveled after sale.

The baby portion is obviously due to the efforts that would be put in. Other people have all ready discussed this.

And school specific pets being up for sale (i.e. Satyr, Triton, etc.) was not in the original pet selling process in the Bazaar. These pets are earned by quests, and should not be accessible until the player completes it.

Overall, this decreases the types of pets that are able to be sold. One would not get any benefits out of pedigree or all ready learned talents. I do not think a Pet Bazaar is necessary as these would most likely be some of the guidelines set by KingsIsle, based off of their previous actions in terms of pet selling.

Best of luck!
Shannon Skybreaker

Explorer
Sep 15, 2015
I don't support this idea at all! I spend so much time training my pet to mega and then they might make it so people can just get that from in game gold!! Also a lot of pets are not just things you can get from pet shops, a lot of them take crowns which is real money! Everyone would stop training their pets and stop buying pets with crowns and it would defeat the whole point of having your pet plus kingsisle would make less money because people would stop buying crowns to buy pets. I'd only support this idea if the pets found at the bazaar had no training, talents, etc. and could be bought(not dropped) but bought at another vendor in the spiral!l.

-Sierra Pearl
Legendary sorcerer

Squire
May 10, 2013
Lizziebell03 on Jul 27, 2015 wrote:
Eh, I think that would ruin the challenges. For example, the spark beast is a popular pet and the reason why is because it is pretty hard to get. If people start selling theirs at the bazaar then the spark beast won't as be rare anymore. Pets won't be valued nearly as much. Also, this can cause a lot of problems like if someone promises they will sell a good pet if they get a hundred treasure cards in return (or something) then they don't do their part of the deal. The idea of a bazaar for pets seems simple and easy but I honestly don't think it would work.
- Gabrielle Silversword
If a pet was valuable, why would you get it?
Personally this idea will ruin the economy of Wizard101...
People spend over 100,000+ crowns going for perfect pets
Like 50k+ getting the pet
5k in Energy/Purreau Elixirs
45K on EMPs and Mega Snacks

Survivor
May 08, 2012
jadaviafairy14 on Jul 20, 2015 wrote:
I saw this idea in a group on fb, and I just thought I had to post it. I'm mean, a bazaar for pets? That would be amazing! There are a lot of pets that I get that I'm just not interested in because they're not useful for me, but that would be okay because I can put them in the pet bazaar and they could end up going to someone else who can appreciate them .

Or if someone starts training a pet that ends up getting talents that are pointless for them, it's the same thing.

Not everyone wants to have plenty of pets running around their houses taking space up, and at least this way if they sell it in the bazaar they not only get gold for it, but it ends up not being just tossed into the no doubt boring void where pets go when they're normally sold. Am I the only one?

We should make this happen KI. It would be useful for so many players.

Delaney Stormglade,

Level 57
I'm sorry, but I have to go against this idea for the following reason. A person can just make alt account transfer their TC over to the new wizard and buy a pet at level 1. Another reason is that the time spent getting a pet to ancient not getting what you want someone can swipe that up for little to nothing and all your hard work with it. On the plus side it gives people a chance to get good pet without having to beg for a hatch i the Pet Pavilion.I dont think it should be sold for gold, but donated, and the person buying should pay crowns depending on the talents and base price of the talents.